Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jason Lavoie | Environment Artist (New Portfolio Site)

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Alritghy so I've started on the video, just getting my feet wet a bit to see how everything will work out... and I apologize if there is a lot of "uh's" or "basically's" ... it's a bad habit that I will NEVER stop!
  • paulsvoboda
    Offline / Send Message
    paulsvoboda polycounter lvl 12
    Jason, I'd love to see that video.

Your work is nothing short of inspirational. I keep hearing how much you've grown in this area so I hope you don't mind but I took the liberty of looking through some of your old threads and, well, they're very right. Which I guess makes you more of an inspiration. :)

And your new website is much better - I always liked looking at your work but it was much harder(ie. more annoying - there really isn't too much difficult about sitting in front of a computer screen and clicking at things) to do so before.

Look forward to seeing more from you (and that video too).
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    Definatly have a good time working on this video. Hopefully I can work on more as I make more stuff in the future.

Anywho... its going well, and the video should be done and up within this week I would hope.

Right now its around 40 minutes, I think it'll probably be around 60 minutes when I am done, hopefully it's not too long, but hopefully I touch on everything you guys suggested.
  • Rens
    alright alright, if you want to be saved from spam, just save your contact info as an img.
  • felipefrango
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    Hey Jason, just wanted to say I like your work as well and that I'm making my own portfolio site at the moment and yours was definitely the one I referenced the most, cause it's just so neatly executed. I have to say I like the old darker colors better but thats personal taste.

Also, I'm by no means an expert in webdesign and am not sure of this information, but I think that having your email there like you did (with (AT) and (DOT) replacing the symbols) won't save you from spambots since your email is still intact in the link code, so I'd look into that if that's actually what you meant to avoid with this.
  • SimonT
    Offline / Send Message
    SimonT interpolator
    Your portfolio has great art pieces and the overview is just great. perfect!
  • conte
    Offline / Send Message
    conte polycounter lvl 18
    Rens, you killing it)
    Great and tight portfolio, Jason! i'd love to see some more hard surface stuff.
  • n88tr
    Hey I see all your images but I can't interact with them... no click or hover-over effect. Everything is static on the page... any help?
  • felipefrango
    Offline / Send Message
    felipefrango polycounter lvl 9
    n88tr wrote: »
    Hey I see all your images but I can't interact with them... no click or hover-over effect. Everything is static on the page... any help?

You're being sarcastic, right?
  • BradMyers82
    Offline / Send Message
    BradMyers82 interpolator
    I love how the demon throne turned out! Great work!

I noticed that it was your final piece for school. I couldn't help but think that you must be like a celebrity over there having such high quality work, and still in school. I remember when I was in school, no one had even close to that level of work, lol.

Great job on the website bud. :)
  • n88tr
    No I'm not. I can't click anything, the whole page is static.
  • Zack Fowler
    Offline / Send Message
    Zack Fowler polycounter lvl 11
    Great layout and presentation man! The apps list under each "project" linking image is a nice touch.
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    No hatin' on rens, dude is a god :)

n88tr - I have no idea what you are talking about, can you explain a bit more in-depth? As in you want like wire overlays when you hover over the images?

Brad - Thanks man

Zack - Hey man, big props to you for that amazing paintover. I'll be showing both your's and Andrew Wood's paintover in the video as well just to help demonstrate what I was missing in my environment.

I'm going to be tackling the modeling / sculpting / baking part tonight I think. I'm having a blast doing this... but again it's not like a crazy in-depth tutorial, its basically just me blabbering on for awhile :P