Homeโ€บ General Discussion

Superbowl

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
ysalex interpolator
Any polycounters looking forward to the Super Bowl this year?

I went out of my mind at the end of NFCCG, I've been waiting for the hawks to have a season like this for about 8 years, it's great to see them on top.

Super Bowl is going to be a great game.

Replies

• valuemeal
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    valuemeal polycounter lvl 6
    Sports were never my thing. I am honestly not excited about it, the food at superbowl parties are always tasty though
  • Rory_M
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rory_M polycounter lvl 10
    I'm a 49er fan, sooo I also went out of my mind watching the NFCCG but probably for different reasons. Oh well we had our chance last year, good luck to your hawks.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Such a good game. I went into it knowing it would be close, I didn't think it would come down to our best cover against your best receiver, that was a ridiculous finish but fun to watch. I also went into the game pretty much positive that whatever team won, they would take the superbowl as well. I just cant see the broncos standing up to either of our defenses.
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I just hope Denver wins, I care more about this years Sb than the previous ones... only because Sherman is a loser and I want Peyton to win another one. My favorite team rarely makes the playoffs so after the regular season I stop caring as much lol.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Bit of a homer I realize, but I really don't get the Sherman hate. He talks shit like 99% of players, and he made a mistake getting caught up in his emotions less than 30 seconds after making one of the most important and impressive plays of the seasons, sending his team to the superbowl.

Against a player, no less, who tried to start a fist fight with him at a charity event. I kinda get why Sherman was jacked up about it.

He's easily one of the most intelligent players in the game, which is why I like him so much.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    Pats fan :( the Pats/Denver game I was expecting to be one of the best games as Brady/Manning games are almost always fucking epic and close. But that AFC champ game was a total bore. I would have been fine with a loss if it was at least a great game.

Going to go snowboarding durring the superbowl now ha
  • IchII3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    IchII3D polycounter lvl 12
    I only started watching the NFL a few months back. Really enjoying it so far. I hope to be watching the Super Bowl. Someone told me its going to be shown on the BBC this year? If not I will have to wait for the blackout to end :(
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    IchII3D, FOX is streaming it for free online. It's probably just for the US, but you can change your browser ID so that it thinks you're here. Also there are a ton of other ways to stream it for free.
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Only really got into NFL this season and have become a hawks fan so I am pretty happy at the moment :)

I think Channel 4 is going to be showing it in the UK this year.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Packer fan here, looking forward to it!
  • James Ordner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I was raised on the Cowboys, but you know how that's been going... Looking forward to the Chili Peppers at halftime though :)
  • Wahlgren
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wahlgren polycounter lvl 17
    49ers fan here. Also like the packers. Rooting for the Broncos! Seattle can go suck it :(
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Broncos all the way, both because I love Peyton Manning and Seattle's whole "12th man" thing annoys the hell out of me.

Can't be stopped.
    J2Qs6.png
  • Jeff Parrott
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    Meh. 49ers and Seahawks was the best game I've seen in ages. Stinks the 49ers lost. I just hope it's close and not a blow out like the Broncos and Pats game was.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    With the way you always pick the best art out for the recaps I've never questioned your taste, but I'm slightly less impressed with you now. For what it's worth seahawks fans are extremely chill people, it's a great environment around here.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lol, I really have nothing against them. I do love watching Manning though, and I'd love to see him close out the best QB season in history with a super bowl ring.

Also, as a Steelers fan it's been nice to watch a team that can actually put points on the board this year.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    No I get it, I'll be happy to see manning grab a second ring, he definitely deserves it. I am totally happy loosing the bowl after the NFCCG. Knocking the niners out at that level is all I need to feel good about our season, but a sb win after all these years would be amazing too.

Either way it's going to be a great game, probably the best matchup Super Bowl I can remember. No underdog, just the two best teams.
  • jStins
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    This is pretty much the perfect Super Bowl for me. I grew up in Colorado and have lived in Washington/Seattle for the last 15+ years.

I have been a Seahawks fan for the last decade and will be rooting for them to get their first Super Bowl win. The NFCCG was awesome and I think it took about 5 years off my life. I'm not sure the Super Bowl will be good for my health.

As for the game itself, what more could you ask for? The best offense versus the best defense in what is likely to be the coldest Super Bowl ever. I think it will be a close, exciting game, but the old cliche of "defense wins championships" will bear out and the Hawks take this one. (Totally unbiased opinion there, promise.)

GO HAWKS! KAKAW!
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    I do hope it's not too cold, I wouldn't want anyone to say Payton lost because of the cold ONLY. Either winning team would deserve the respect.

As for the NFCCG, it took a couple years off of me too, I'm hoping I can be more relaxed for this. But it did deliver one of the best plays of Seahawks history, probably just behind the beastquake, leaving me with this background until after the bowl.

Mr88Cs8.jpg
  • jStins
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    I agree. I'm just happy to see an outdoor Super Bowl in a cold climate. The elements are such a fun part of football for me and it's cool (no pun intended) to finally see a Super Bowl where that will be part of the game.

I think the whole 'Peyton is bad in the cold' narrative is a bit overstated by the media anyway.

And thanks for the new wallpaper. :)
  • Jeremy Tabor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeremy Tabor polycounter lvl 13
    as a Steelers fan

As a Raven's fan

But I got the broncos. Ride that forehead to victory
  • EarthQuake
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    Not a big sports fan. For me the SuperBowl is an excuse to buy a bunch of snacks and critique the commercials with my sister. (we both ended up with graphic design degrees) I'll be kicking back with my family, helping take care of my nephew, and eating a lot of tasty chips & dip. (and mint fudge-coated oreos, droooool)

I'm still not sure which team I'm going to root for yet. I don't really have a personal connection one way or the other. No horse in this particular race.
  • LMP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LMP polycounter lvl 13
    Eh, probably not. I'll probably look up commercials on youtube.
    My wife would have been interested, but, 49s lost, so...
  • Ape_Errata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been waiting for this since the minute that Hawk's season ended last year. I caught a glimpse of what this team was capable of and eagerly waited through the off season and pre-season for this season to start. I've watched every Hawks game this season and cannot wait for kickoff on Sunday. This is their year. Go Hawks :)
  • jStins
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    Game day. Finally. Hope everyone that watches enjoys the game (or the commercials). GO HAWKS!!!
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I'm so nervous I feel like I could vomit . The atmosphere in the Seattle area is unlike anything I have ever felt in this region ever, and I've lived here my whole life.

For those who don't know, Seattle is not a talkative area in general. People are not mean, they are nice - they are laid back and very chill - but nobody ever talks to one another on the street. Everyone minds their own business and you can make it from one side of the city to the other without hearing a word.

Everywhere I have gone in the past couple days people with jerseys high-fiving, talking about the game , being legitimately excited. It is very, very cool.

I watched every game this year with my daughter, she is 1 now and this was her first season of football. On game day her uncles come over and we yell at the tv. She gets decked out in a tiny little seahawks jersey (Wilson of course). She learned to clap when the crowd claps (which resulted in a horrific moment where she was clapping as we lost to the niners at Levi) and now she screams (not always in cheer, sometimes it's just random yelling at the tv).

It's been a great season. Both teams deserve this one, but I really am rooting for the hawks. They have done ridiculous stuff thus year, they have a stand-up team and a fantastic coach. Here's to a hawks win .
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I really hope the Hawks win, they have a great run this year and great momentum going in.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    End of the first half.....

.... Holy shit!

Would never have guessed this scenario in a million years.
  • jStins
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    jStins interpolator
    My buddy said his ideal scenario was 21-3 Seahawks at halftime. Too many bronco points! Incredible. Not calling anything till the final gun, but GO HAWKS!!!
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow! Kick ass run!
  • James Ordner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not particularly rooting for either team, but I really feel bad for Denver.

Well, at least it won't be a shutout.
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, this is a bit painful to watch. Its like Denver's munching a few too many of those magic cookies.
  • skylebones
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skylebones polycounter lvl 10
    My favorite Chili Pepper is Will Ferrell.
  • bounchfx
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx mod
    I'm not one to follow football, but I have this on while I'm doing some art and it's borderline cringe worthy right now. Damn.
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Ouch, I got up in the middle of the night to watch 4 hours of beating a dead horse. This is painful. :/
  • illo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I dont normally watch football either, but damn Hawks tore it up.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    That was the most one-sided game I've ever watched. Broncos had an amazing run, but they just never faced a defense like ours, and I think that has to do with why they had such a stat-heavy season. In my mind, if they were in the NFCWest they might not even have made the playoffs. Just amazing.

Seahawks meanwhile have faces 8 of the top 10 defenses in the league in the last 14 games. They came into this game more than prepared for a sub-par defense like Denvers, and they took full advantage, particularly on special teams.

Ridiculous game, could have never predicted it would go like that. So happy for the seattle area and those players, I have loved watching the games and press conferences this year, and this just puts the best cap on the best season that seattle has ever had in seattle sports history.

Wow.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Oh man. I was rooting for Seattle since Manning hat kicked out my Pats, and I've always been biased towards a great defense - but damn yo. Could have been a little more exciting.
  • Richard Kain
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Richard Kain polycounter lvl 18
    That first play seemed to set the tone for the whole game. Broncos miss-fire on the snap and Seattle snags an easy safety.

I would be tempted to call it a fluke, but that wouldn't be giving Seattle enough credit. While the Seahawks did benefit greatly from a number of bone-headed mistakes that the Broncos made, they also played very well in their own right. (and generally didn't make many mistakes of their own) I saw a lot of plays by the Seattle offence that I had to tip my hat to. They were just firing on all cylinders.

I prefer not to see blow-outs like this, I prefer a bit more tension. But the game was still pretty entertaining. And I'm happy for any Seahawks fans who were watching. They at least got quite a game to celebrate over.
  • NyneDown
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NyneDown polycounter lvl 11
    Hell of a game for Seattle and their fans. That defense was like whoA! I like Peyton Manning, but I have to admit I was pulling for the Seahawks since Elway/Fox did Tebow dirty the way they did. They could have had him learn behind one of the best QB's, but oh well! I'm a Falcon fan, so this season was over for us literally 3-4 games into the season. Glad to see the Niners' didnt make it either...cant stand them.

Looking forward to the draft now and who we'll pick at #6!
  • Spur
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spur polycounter lvl 6
    Lol I was really looking forward to enjoying a good game with little interest in who actually won. Man, what a let down. Grats to the Seahawks though. They played a hell of a game.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    good , i have to see more

You're in luck, it happens every year!

edit: ok I guess I won't close this thread
  • mats effect
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Who is watching this year? Go Hawks!
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    I'm just as nervous as last year.
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I never thought I'd say this but....please don't let me down, Patriots.
  • erroldynamic
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    erroldynamic polycounter lvl 18
    Go Seahawks!!! Was planning on going to a sports bar to watch it but A crappy cold has me lying in bed. Wife's making potato nachos though :)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I keep saying I'm going to have a Puppy Bowl party but it always sneaks up on me
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vVT04tB0FE[/ame]
  • dfacto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    Go Pats, stop those Seahawks fans from becoming even more insufferable!
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    I root for the Seahawks because their coach is a former USC head coach.

And USC Football is best Football.