Home Artists Looking For Work

3d Artist for hire

sgtkoolaid
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
Hi my name is James. I am currently available for a upswing in work with my latest gig finishing up soon. So as of now I am available.

** Please be aware I only take paid work. Thank you for your understanding.

My work covers as followed.
-Environment & architectural Design/Modeling
-Level Design
-Concept Art 2D
-Particle FX
-Texturing, both stylized/photo-realistic with photo-source editing/scratch texture based utilizing use for both seamless texture panels as well as customized Texture Atlases to accommodate platform-specific optimization.
-Optimization of 2D/3D assets e.g. iOS, Android, Stand Alone PC.
-Hard Surface Modeling/Organic Modeling (Zbrush/MudBox) with accurate topographic conversion to low poly game ready assets as well as advanced use of PolyPaint for unique character assets including environment prefabs.
-UVmapping

Client list

Mobile Werx
Creative Technologies
Element Design Group
Intel
IBM
Idea Fabrik
Sneaky Games
Simutronics
Pillar4 Entertainment
Disney/Nickelodeon (Spongebob's Great Jelly Rescue 4D ride)
ISOTX (March Of War)
Zero Latency Media (VR related)
Keen Live (Pharma/Corporate VR/3D related)
and a few other individual clients for iOS based projects involving environmental 3D assets.

Links to work
http://jbrady3d.carbonmade.com

here are some recent examples of my work.
Zero Latency Media https://www.zerolatencyvr.com/

Character artist responsible for creating Zombie characters
Responsible for designing, and modeling Zombies.
Use of Maya as a base Topological model, then brought into zbrush and sculpted out
then textured in Substance Designer to create the feel of rotting decomposing skin, dirt, dust, blood at areas of bites, and mouth indicating feedings, or damage from prior bites before they turned.

Recent Personal Volunteer Project (Xshift online) https://www.facebook.com/XShiftOnline/?fref=ts
Leixcon Grey (Main demo Character)

Early Zbrush Render

Different facial painting representative of her Faction affiliation.

exported into tool bag testing prior to unity import.

Robinsade (a tropical island Survival game )

Main character that was trapped. (tested with Fur Fx shader in Unity for potential clothing options)

close up of skin texture made in zbrush (no actual textures used, all poly paint, alpha brushes, and pore, skin brushes)

native tribe characters

for further examples please visit my website for other examples of my work and focus. :)

my skill set for software programs
3DS Max & MAYA: Advanced
ZBRUSH/MUDBOX: Advanced
(unrelated edtior/game engines)"
UNITY3D general Editing/Asset Structure optimization/level Design/Familarity with Asset Server structure and use.:Moderate to Advanced
Unreal 4 Engine: Advanced
Hero's Engine: intermediate/Advanced Trained via Simutronics since 2009
TORCHLIGHT: moderate
Photoshop/illustrator: Advanced

contact me through here or through skype my name is sgtkoolaid as well I hope to hear from some of you.

Replies

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    I am now currently available for work. Please contact me for any projects that cover my skill set.

-Environment & architectural Design/Modeling
    -Level Design
    -Concept Art 2D Character/environment/Weapon Design
    -Particle FX
    -Texturing, both stylized/photo-realistic with photo-source editing/scratch texture based utilizing use for both seamless texture panels as well as customized Texture Atlases to accommodate platform-specific optimization.
    -Optimization of 2D/3D assets e.g. iOS, Android, Stand Alone PC.
    -Hard Surface Modeling/Organic Modeling (Zbrush/MudBox) with accurate topographic conversion to low poly game ready assets as well as advanced use of PolyPaint for unique character assets including environment prefabs.
    -UVmapping
    -Rigging/Animating
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    updated my work list on my portfolio with a few examples of art I did for the game I worked on. Trylogy Tower Defense Hybrid by Global Games Entertainment. My role consisted of level Design, modeling, texturing, particle FX, some Character work, animating, and some terrain work (some of the stuff you see in the screenshots in the project link)

I also have completed logo design for them which consisted of both 3D/2D rendered images to be used in game website as well as other promotional assets. The game is still not finished so I am limited in what I can provide as samples, but these were allowed for permission so as to give a taste of the work I provided.

there are other assets, levels and general 3D work I did, but I felt these would suffice for now until I received more permission to display work I provided to them.
    http://jbrady3d.carbonmade.com/projects/4570513#1

feel free to contact me through pm or through skype(name is sgtkoolaid) if you have any paid work in need of completion, short term or long term.
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    I am looking for work via this forum for any UDK, UNITY, or Hero Engine related 3D modeling work. This includes, character modeling & design, Environmental/Architectural Design/Modeling; as well as Level Design ranging from first person shooters, to RPG's with emphasis on terrain design/sculpting/painting. please review my portfolio for work related samples, if you are interested in the quality of my work please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience here, or through skype (sgtkoolaid is my name) :) I hope to hear from you soon.

Best Regards;
    James

http://jbrady3d.carbonmade.com/
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently Looking for work. I have made some new updates to my portfolio site with work related examples. :) Feel free to contact me for any work related to Character and/or Environmental Modeling. I got a bit of a bug for those lately :) Hope to hear from you soon. Have a wonderfully productive weekend.
    Best Regards;
    James

https://jbrady3d.carbonmade.com/
  • Acgameart
    Hey, 

I am in desperate need of a character artist who can rig a character for me in 3dsMax.
    If you are interested or need more details please let me know 

Thank you 
    Alex Curtis
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    I Have some new work completed. I am currently available for work. Feel free to contact me here or via skype (sgtkoolaid)

Drone racing game 
    General lighting and material test.

Speed Tree implementation Test via World Creator in Unity 3D utilizing slope/elevation influence  as well as use of splatmaps to control the placement of trees and grass.

Real Displacement texture test for ground dirt in main interior of the powerplant.

Testing Post FX for depth/motion blur and glow effect for light sources for the "race path" with lens dirt/flare to the 'camera' of the drone while moving at fast speeds along a narrow corridors.

Substance Designer (Procedurally generated Brick)

Wet/dry effect for rain run off during run time.

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    Looking for work. contact me via my profile.

** Please be aware I only take paid work. Living expenses and what not.... thank you for your understanding.

VR gig for Chrsyler R&D & MOPAR Sports

3D Printing Gig Frank Worrell Cricket Player

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    New Character content Spacesuit (Currently WIP. working on the helmet interior) 
    Bake out Normalmap and base topology Model.

VR RTS (Space Sci fi)

Carrier Based SHip

Battleship Based Ship

Frigate Based Ship

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    VR Project For Baxalta (Ontario, Canada at a Medical/Pharmaceutical Symposium 2015)

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    modeling test i completed under 35 hours. enjoy. :)

https://youtu.be/AvB7vDkwocI
  • sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    Currently available for new work related to character modeling or environment work. Presenting my latest work related to character development with Axis Football 2019 which is currently in development.
    • Modeled Football player base model in Maya 2018 
    • Face/head is based on NFL Defensive End Mario Williams
    • High detail sculpt in zbrush.
    • Textured skin of player in Zbrush using mix of manual brush, color, and spotlight photo sources, and various pore, skin brushes to create the 'skin'
    • Baked out maps in Painter
    • Created rig with Rapid Rig Modular (for workflow efficiency) with basic Eye/Facial rigging
    • Animations will be utilizing Motion capture using Rokoko Smartsuit MoCap system along with keyframing, clean up, and refinement of animation sets creating a more dynamic on the fly system for player to player interaction e.g. tackling, sacking, throwing, catching, fumbling, scrimmage actions, etc.
    • Created a total of 3 Levels of LOD LOD0- LOD03 based on distance from Camera in UNITY

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    3d Character Artist looking for work. Please contact me if you are interested.

Additional Axis Football 2019 Player Model with new head and arms, skin and jersey variations.

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    3D Interior work I completed on "13th Doll". Mix of Modeling, Optimization, restructing/remodeling of assets that were either not up to standard, or no had corrupted issues due to legacy export formats. Often remodeled, completely redid the UVmaps to more optimized layout in 0,1 UVs. Completed majority if not all of texturing within Substance painter 2018+. Then took the given assets placed in Unity engine, applied textures, shaders, and adjusted values specific to the surface given. e.g. specularity, gloss, roughness, albedo etc. Also lit the scene given criteria specific from the client with room for creative license along with use of mild use of Post processing effects, e.g. bloom, ambient occlusion etc.
    Now released on steam. Along with Axis Football 2018, 2019, this will make at least 3 game projects that have been released utilizing my work.  I am available for work so feel free to contact me via Skype (sgtkoolaid) or via email ) terravelo@gmail.com. I hope to hear from you soon. I look forward to working on a project that will challenge me as  an artist. 
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/1107230/The_13th_Doll_A_Fan_Game_of_The_7th_Guest/

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    character, prop and environment art looking for paid remote work (ideally long term contract or at least, probationary with opportunity to become long term). feel free to contact me via message if you have interest in my work. thank you.

Entertainment Center model I made in order to conceptualize a real entertainment center I am hoping to build from white oak, tempered glass for my house. Modeled in maya, textured in substance painter.

Cyberpunk style videophone model Modeled in maya, textured in substance painter.

aluminum worn garbage receptacle. Modeled in maya, textured in substance painter.

Bed model for a PersonalArch Vis  project in UE4. Modeled in marvelous designer , then set up with materials and optimized UVmapping in Maya, textured in Substance painter, High detail sculpted in zbrush.

Animation Stills for presentation shots for Axis Football 2020 Menu, and marketing material. Modeled, textured, Rigged and animated by me.

Modeled in Maya, sculpted in zbrush, textured in painter.
    Painter 2019 Iray Render

• sgtkoolaid
    Offline / Send Message
    3D artist specializing in both environment/props and character design & modeling looking for paid work. Flexible rates, Currently available for contract, freelance or perm work lasting 6 months or longer ideally. contact me via DM or via email (terravelo (@) gmail com_)

Rock formations, and boulders that can be populated throughout a scene via terrain brush tool or manually placed individually or in clusters to create unique set structures.
    Sculpted in zbrush , then textured in custom smart material in Substance painter 2020.
    • 2048x2048 textures
    • fbx format
    • png format
    • albedo base color, normal map, ambient occlusion, and roughness map.
    • poly count : ~900-2,500
    • scale in engine between 1.5 m to 5 m.

Set for a run down furniture prop pack I am completing as a personal project.
    various furniture set pieces, and prop environment items in suburban/urban living places that a level designer can use to populate the scene effectively.
    • poly count ~300-2400
    • 2048x2048 
    • png format
    • fbx format
    • albedo base color, normal map, ambient occlusion, roughness maps.