MGM polycounter lvl 12
  • SaboR1996
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    Ooh, can't wait to see this finished or at least have a texture pass
  • silver_hoodlum
    Offline / Send Message
    silver_hoodlum polycounter lvl 4
    looks too clean, add some dirtyness to texture to create some variation. looking good so far
  • SaboR1996
    Offline / Send Message
    SaboR1996 polycounter lvl 8
    silver, bare in mind it's just a color map. :p
  • MGM
    Offline / Send Message
    MGM polycounter lvl 12
  • Clos323
    Hey I just wanted to drop some crits real quick. The modeling itself is really good.. and by that I mean that it has a good silhouette but the lighting and texture have room to improve.

Considering its a single asset and maybe its going in your folio you want to tell a story through a your texture. Your rust is all over the place and seems global. Even if you look at a car in a junkyard the rust always has an origin points from where the oxidation spreads from, where in your work is just seems random and equal in alot of areas, in some it look ok like in the front section but side and back it just feels random.. Also the truck feels like it has no weight to it and this is something you will learn with experience. The truck looks rusty but the condition of the body work and suspension look superb. What i mean by that is that that there is no physical damage and the truck feel like its new in the way that it is "stanced" making it look light and like it has no weight.. These trucks most likely used leaf spring suspension that with over time would wear out cause the truck to slam down and look lowered. Also your tired look to perfect like they are perfectly inflated and the sidewalls of the tires dont look stretched..too straight..if make them more bulky it will feel like they are actually carrying some weight adding to realism and story.. hope that helps =)
  • Joost
    Offline / Send Message
    Joost polycount sponsor
    Looks cool! Few minor crits:

I really like the way you textured the front. But the back is a bit too rusty IMO, I would have left a bit of the paint. The wheels seem way too clean compared to the rest.

Also the edges on your high poly are a bit tight. And I don't know what your reference looked like but the metal body around the wheels seems very thin.
  • MGM
    Offline / Send Message
    MGM polycounter lvl 12