Home General Discussion

Audi A3 Sportback Sline blueprints?

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Moltar polycounter lvl 7
I've run into a bit of an issue.. Im supposed to be modeling an Audi A3 Sportback Sline for someone this week but I can't find the blueprints for the car anywhere on the Internet. I looked everywhere yesterday with no luck. I was hoping someone here might know where I can find a blueprint? The car is an Audi A3 Sportback Sline 2007 model.

Thanks.

This is what im modeling
1559655_10153015339256210_6479168509638915408_n.jpg?oh=ff4d60ca8b1cedd0cebbb94c20e2fee2&oe=55937213

Replies

• oglu
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oglu polycount lvl 666
    just take fotos... they are more accurate anyways...
  • MephistonX
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MephistonX polycounter lvl 9
    googled the car name and found this

2013_04_15_12_33_23_IMG_1798.jpg

use that as a base, then find some other references to represent the front, use photoshop to re-align these as best as possible to match, then either use these as blueprints or trace the main contours and export your own blueprint that way.

Another idea would be to look for the base model of this car to help proportions, as they will be pretty much the same if not identical with just a few cosmetic additions, in fact 2 more seconds of google and

audi-a3-2006.gif
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    Thanks, MephistonX. I found those blueprints also but that is the se spec and the body shape is completely different though not obvious to some. It's like the Astra VXR 08 model and sxi, they both look identical (body wise) but the vxr is wider and longer than the sxi and the front and back windowscreens are not the same

What you suggested can help but the body shape wont be the same.

If you compare those prints you linked to the photo is post of a standard Sline model you will see they are nothing alike front to back. But like I said, it's not obvious
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    If you can't pull this off without 100% matching blueprint, you really need to step up your ability to read references. Your google skills as well. 2 seconds on google find me a 2007 Sportback blueprint with the extra rear side window and 2 doors on each side, 5 seconds looking at the ref shows me that there are just some details different on the bumpers compared to your first picture.

(asking other people to handle simple problems like this is not a good way to become an independent artist)
  • anmol94
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    What you suggested can help but the body shape wont be the same.
  • Moltar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Moltar polycounter lvl 7
    all I was looking for was an sline model blueprint, or if anyone knew a good website to get them from...
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    When googling, i find on several forums mentioned that for an '08 the only exterior visual difference for an S-Line is a different bumper and perhaps a spoiler. That constitutes maybe at most a 10% visual difference between the S-Line and the regular sportback, from the looks of it it's just some subtle differences at the bottom of the front bumper. You could model 90% or more of the car with a standard sportback blueprint.

My point is that you really don't need a specific blueprint for this, and should try to do a bit more research yourself. I literally only typed in "08 audi a3 sportback blueprint" and "a3 s line differences" into Google to find this stuff out.
  • Ryan Hawkins
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    You should head over to smcars.net and ask those dudes I am sure they can help you out. It is like polycount for only car modelers.