Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo Contest] Necromancer

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
TehSplatt polycounter lvl 11
Due to lack of job Ive decided to take part in this because it looks fun i was going to do the beast with the club but i just did a beast thing anyways. This whole concept makes more sense in my head i have a vision lol don't mind my terrible proportions at this point i was just playing around in alchemy and ended up with this tribal goat necromancer type thing (shhhh its not a witch doctor). Ill probably just jump into modelling soon and develop from there because i cant draw to save my self. And also that stave ... staff thing is most likely going to become a lot more organic.

goatnecromancer.png

Replies

• TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    Please tell me if I'm breaking the rules or doing something wrong in some way I'm pretty tired haha
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    i think i may drop the goat skull :/ looks to much like a witch doctor
  • JR
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    This looks promising :)
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't know what happened along the way but its changed a lot. has a furry hood now. im still going to pull a lot of the shapes i can see in the original when i start the model so i think its going to be some where in between the original and this. don't know :/

necroconcepts.png
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    Started on the body today this is the second girl I've ever modeled so I don't really know what I'm doing at this point haha

necrobody.png
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok fixed up some things made the hands smaller as mentioned above haha and gave her a face then gave her a little paint over with the fluffy hood and some hair kind of getting the look i want .. kind of .

necrobody.png

girlcj.png
  • Di$array
    Offline / Send Message
    Di$array polycounter lvl 5
    I'd have a bit more fun sculpting her body. Get some stronger curves into the design and I'd address the trapezius muscle as its riding a bit high.

I would maybe bring back the goat skull as a belt buckle to help sell the Necromancer. Because when I think of Necromancers, Dark colours, skulls and the flaunt of power come to mind.

But keep at it and I look forward to seeing your next update.
  • JR
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    Body and face looks good, but too generic ATM. I think you could incorporate on her design/expression some clues about her history, and personality. This is what make a character alive. Forget for some moments the technical aspects, and think about who she is. I believe this will hope to make her looks more unique.

Anyaway, is developing well. I vote for goat skull too.
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    I have a general idea of how i want her to look but now i think im going to push it a lot more now. The Armour is going to be like twisted metal with tainted souls all over it and what not look like its a part of her like a sort of tortured Armour. I wanted the girl to be innocent and mischievous looking im going to be adding a lot more trinkets and stuff all over her im just bad at concepting haha thanks for the critiques i have some interesting things to think about now any ways i did an update of the body and pushed the curves a little hoping to get the armour on the go over and resculpt the body where the skin would be sticking out sort of thing. Edit: im so bad with words today :/

bodyfix.png
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    Just playing around with some armour type stuff haha looks terrible but you get the idea.
    Going to go through and refine each piece with symbols and skulls and shit like that potion bottle the general things.

armourplay.png
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    i finally found my angel!!! .. angle.. either one of those . Shes going to be a necromancer in training and has to carry around heaps of scrolls and books and shit due to her not being experienced enough to remember her spells and doing tasks for her master, and i'm going to give her a little bug pet thing ITS ALL COMING TOGETHER finally haha so yea next update this will start taking shape
  • FullSynch
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
    Why a bug? Necromancers raise the dead, not pests. Maybe something gross like a floaty eyeball monster thing..WITH LASERS, or maybe not lasers.
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    a necromancer in my eyes is some one who can control the dead, creatures and weak minded and who said it was something that she is controlling its just a pet . A child hood pet thing like a puppy lol
  • mixamo
    I really like where this is going, very creative concept for the necromancer too. Necromancer in training is a cool idea.
  • waterbear1224
    Other thing that might be kinda cool, if you want her to still look kinda cute, you could mess up parts of her. For instance, maybe she could have a twisted (or partially rotten) arm? If you're going for the "progression into evil necromancer" look.

Just my 2 cents. Great job so far.
  • JR
    Offline / Send Message
    JR polycounter lvl 15
    When I was deciding what to do for this contest, I had this idea too, a necromancer that could evoke and control her childhood pet. Fortunately I decided not to do this one :) But it would be good to see this on you char.
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    Ok this is the concept ive been working on its still mainly in my head this is just like basic guide lines pretty much every thing in this concept is a place holder for something nicer haha had a little help from Sam Yang he gave it a bit more pop haha

referencepull.png
  • TehSplatt
    Offline / Send Message
    And also when i do the actual model every thing is going to be more stylized with bigger cleaner shapes and some nice metal trim all over the place league of legends style (i hope)
  • mixamo
    I really love the progress. I can't wait to see more!
  • arinavar
    Have to say I loved your alchemy sketches, and nice progress so far :D good luck