Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    It won't be San Andreas.
  • JFletcher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JFletcher polycounter lvl 13
    Was just about to post about this. :)

I hope they go back to their roots, GTA4 was nice, but it felt too serious. I can only assume this is why they removed some of the cooler features from the game, like freakin' harriers and jet packs..

God I loved those airfield missions in San Andreas. :)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Los Santos apparently, or Los Angeles to you and me. England would be cool though...
  • Snacuum
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snacuum polycounter lvl 9
    Bring back Vice City please! 80's over everything else.
  • Geezus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Geezus mod
    Snacuum wrote: »
    Bring back Vice City please! 80's over everything else.

QFT.

Vice City was the last GTA that I really enjoyed the story/characters. I've played the entire series, but GTA: Vice City holds a special place in my heart. :)
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I hope it is Los Santos. There were some potential little hints somewhere if I remember correctly that led some to believe it would be a return to San Andreas. I remember playing Midnight Club LA and thinking the recreation of the city would be a good indicator of what they could do with the next GTA if it was set there.

I'm a sucker for all the GTA games, I still remember playing the original top-down for hours on end, I agree with JFletcher though, 4 kinda added a serious side and did make me miss the lighter heartedness of the previous games.
  • Uly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Uly polycounter lvl 15
    Saint's Row has filled that nich
  • Ged
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    I dont care much where they set it as long as its fun, GTAIV was missing some of the fun, but then again saints row the third could be cool for people who want primarily fun.
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    Europe or Vice City

if it's America for the 5th time in a row..dunno, been there done that yet?
  • Joshua Stubbles
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joshua Stubbles polycounter lvl 19
    Geezus wrote: »
    QFT.

Vice City was the last GTA that I really enjoyed the story/characters. I've played the entire series, but GTA holds a special place in my heart. :)

Likewise. Although I did enjoy GTA4/EFLC
  • d1ver
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    d1ver polycounter lvl 14
    Trailer on November 2nd apparently.
    damn, I'm excited:)
    I root for Vice City as well. I think I can still draw the map of the place just from memory.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    Europe or Vice City

if it's America for the 5th time in a row..dunno, been there done that yet?

well, Vice City is in America - it's Miami, Florida.
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    I wonder how much their pouring on development this time around.

I also hope it's another Vice City spiritual successor, and I hope it looks less muddy on PS3. If you compare GTA4 render to LA Noir on the PS3, it's like night and day.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Andreas wrote: »
    Los Santos apparently, or Los Angeles to you and me. England would be cool though...

I have heard this. "Los Santos", with a Hollywood vibe.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    ambershee wrote: »
    It won't be San Andreas.
    ambershee wrote: »
    I have heard this. "Los Santos", with a Hollywood vibe.

Los Santos is in San Andreas...
  • TheWinterLord
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TheWinterLord polycounter lvl 17
    Grand Theft Auto V5... strange name. O.o

Looking forward to it! GTA is just one of those franchises you wonder what they will do next :)
  • Belias
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Belias polycounter lvl 14
    Grand Theft Auto V5... strange name. O.o
    I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX X ....
  • rooster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rooster mod
    noooo, it's Grand Theft Auto Five Five
  • Kot_Leopold
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kot_Leopold polycounter lvl 10
    Geezus wrote: »
    QFT.

Vice City was the last GTA that I really enjoyed the story/characters. I've played the entire series, but GTA: Vice City holds a special place in my heart. :)
    Vice City is my most favorite GTA game in the series. I spent years playing it; tons of vehicle mods had always kept it fun! Good memories. :)
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    It's not gonna be Europe if the Five is done like on American banknotes...
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    the five banner itself is resembling mexican/latin gang tattoos ,

I could be wrong...
  • thatanimator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thatanimator polycounter lvl 6
    well, Vice City is in America - it's Miami, Florida.
    yes, of course :) but what I'd want is either Vice City in America or Europe.. but as noted above, the V is a american bank note so ya..
  • Rico
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm going to go with Las Vegas.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    It'll be set in Brazil.

Max Payne 3 crossover.

BAM.
  • ErichWK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ErichWK polycounter lvl 12
    Yea..the Bank Note is very American..but you never know. Maybe it starts off in the states but goes elsewhere. Personally..I would love to see them visit England again like they did in the GTA: London. But then again...I still hold a fond place in my heart for the classic GTA games. The newer ones no matter how much I want to like it I always get aggravated by the crummy controls and bored in the end. But Red Dead changed my mind on open world games..so maybe I will finally enjoy my first modern GTA.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saints Row: The Third has made GTA obsolete to me.
  • GarageBay9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GarageBay9 polycounter lvl 13
    Some of us on another forum were looking at the money-style typeface of the V and thinking Washington DC ("Capital City" or something).

Given how corrupt and crime-ridden DC is and how many landmarks are there, it's kind of begging for an open-world game to be made out of it.
  • glynnsmith
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glynnsmith polycounter lvl 17
    That could work well. I'd be interested in seeing/playing that.

I'm really not too enthused about the idea of revisiting a setting already established in the existing 3D GTA games.
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    YES YES YES YES YES YES

Wonder if they'll use the face capture tech from LA Noire or if they'll bother with it again..
  • Sean VanGorder
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Saints Row: The Third has made GTA obsolete to me.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm interested to see where they go with this though. I loved San Andreas and Vice City, but GTA: IV was boring as hell.
  • Autocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Autocon polycounter lvl 15
    I personally would love to see Japan/Tokoyo as a place to go. Would be cool and different.

But excited for the trailer where ever it is, its GTA :)
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Couldn't agree more.

I'm interested to see where they go with this though. I loved San Andreas and Vice City, but GTA: IV was boring as hell.

If anything, I would love it if GTA went back to being crazy. I wouldn't mind two crazy sandbox games.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    I Hope they allow character customization, or atleast allow you to buff up you character/make him fat. I hated how Niko's physique looked.
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I should use this thread to spread the word of Saints Row.

Everyone in here that says 'i hope they...' or 'i wish they...' always ask for something you can do in Saints Row.
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    I should use this thread to spread the word of Saints Row.

Everyone in here that says 'i hope they...' or 'i wish they...' always ask for something you can do in Saints Row.

I'm kinda curious about Saints Row, and not to derail the topic but is the third one looking any better visually?

I enjoyed the second from a gameplay point of view, but the animations, effects, audio and art were pretty terrible I thought. I'd even go so far as saying it felt like a XBLA game to me, lacking the polish of a proper AAA (for want of a better term) game.
  • Entity
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Entity polycounter lvl 18
    Saints Row is a cool series, but it's still different than what GTA used to be. The characters and plot feel waaay too over the top and whacky for me to take it seriously (not necessarily a bad thing). From a gameplay perspective it definitely is a better sandbox game, but the gta series has better characters and story.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flaagan polycounter lvl 18
    If it's not set in the 80's, it's not worth playing! :D
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    I want the dismemberment back! haha that was fun
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
  • skankerzero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    TeeJay wrote: »
    I'm kinda curious about Saints Row, and not to derail the topic but is the third one looking any better visually?

I enjoyed the second from a gameplay point of view, but the animations, effects, audio and art were pretty terrible I thought. I'd even go so far as saying it felt like a XBLA game to me, lacking the polish of a proper AAA (for want of a better term) game.

'XBLA game' can mean a lot now days. XBLA games have come a far way from where they first started.
    Either way, graphics =/= gameplay, and in my sandbox game, gameplay is all that matters to me.
    Same with the story. I make my own story in sandbox games.
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    'XBLA game' can mean a lot now days. XBLA games have come a far way from where they first started.
    Either way, graphics =/= gameplay, and in my sandbox game, gameplay is all that matters to me.
    Same with the story. I make my own story in sandbox games.

Gotta agree with that. With how 'locked into" the story GTA4 was, when I was done with the main storyline, I felt like I was done with the game. With the previous GTA's, even if there was less to do, everything was just more fun, so I'd continute to play and mess about for months after I was done with the main story. I'm really hoping Rockstar doesn't take themselves too seriously with this next GTA, Vice City is still my favorite. :)
  • ebagg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ebagg polycounter lvl 17
    I loved GTA 4 and the Saints Row series for very different reasons, same way I enjoy Infamous and Prototype. I enjoyed that GTA 4 was a grittier, more serious plotline and gameplay style, although I sure as hell hope they remove the "friendships" bullshit. I shouldn't have to take a friend or family member out to get burgers in order to get perks later in a game.
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    I wish it was VC again, but to be honest I will be happy with whatever map they use. I just want bigger map (SA? :) ) with more vehicles (I mean variation!) and the crazy GTA missions back (steal a tank/harrier, protect a rock band from a bomb, protect a yatch from the fbi etc...)

That's all what I need, a GTA. :) Can't wait for trailer!
  • System
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    Looks like it may indeed be LA (or LS). Makes sense since they must have a bit of MCLA they can mash up and reuse, as well as some LA Noire I guess.

http://pulse.me/s/2yEk0

Either way I'm happy with that, I loved the diversity of Los Santos with the South Central Style 'hoods to the mansions in the Hills.

That's what I didn't like about IV, the city just all felt like the same old shithole regardless of where you went.
  • JostVice
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JostVice polycounter lvl 12
    TeeJay wrote: »
    Looks like it may indeed be LA (or LS). Makes sense since they must have a bit of MCLA they can mash up and reuse, as well as some LA Noire I guess.

http://pulse.me/s/2yEk0

Either way I'm happy with that, I loved the diversity of Los Santos with the South Central Style 'hoods to the mansions in the Hills.

That's what I didn't like about IV, the city just all felt like the same old shithole regardless of where you went.

huh, I really doubt it will have more than one character. That just isn't GTA. I think that multiple characters speculation is just rubbish: look at number 5. and about the LA thing, isn't Noire made by another studio on another engine? maybe its too complicated to go around porting that?
  • flaagan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If they made GTA 5 look like LA Noire, I probably wouldn't buy it. There's something to be said about a stylized look that isn't photo real. SR3 is on that 'edge' of realism where doing crazy stuff doesn't break the believability, GTA4 crossed that boundary a bit too much, so it made doing something insane a little less believable and therefore less fun.

On a different note, if it is LA, I hope it has all the crazy customization (of both cars and character) that SA had. Nothing was more amusing than continuously chowing down on burgers and making a ripped character into a lardass.

Also, base jumping.
  • Mcejn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mcejn polycounter lvl 12
    Am I the only one hoping they go even more realistic than 4? GTA4 is still one of the only games where the game world actually feels alive. I still felt it was too over the top at times, especially during some of the DLC missions.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    I feel like they should leave the completely crazy stuff to just cause and saints row, I feel they'd do better keeping it arcade-y but realistic.
  • MattQ86
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MattQ86 polycounter lvl 15
    I hear people saying that GTA 4 wasn't fun or crazy and have to wonder if I was playing the same game as them.

I remember at one point being upside down in an ice-cream truck I had ramped off a car coming up the hill I was flying down hucking grenades out of the window at perusing police cars.

Also I had a car-bomb strapped to the bottom of the ice cream truck.
  • 00Zero
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Juding by the voice actor descriptions, its definitely set in Los Angeles.

I hope they keep the same realism as far as physics go, and just introduce some crazy missions and mechanics...