Home Technical Talk

controlling all vray proxies in the scene

hey guys , so i have alot of proxies in the scene and most of them are inside groups , i want to "show whole mesh" for all proxies in the scene . i am using vray btw . any idea ?
i found this script but it does not have the "show whole mesh"

Replies

• kurordo
  • St.Sabath
    Offline / Send Message
    St.Sabath polycounter lvl 11
    If im not mistaken,the % of faces shown on a V-Ray Proxy is determined at the creation of the proxy (I.E on creation,you get to state how many faces max. will be shown when the proxy is in face display before you export the proxy out)
    I don't think there is a way to alter the detail shown /amount of faces shown afterwards,other then bounding box /face mode/point mode tbh.Once it reaches its max. faces you exported the proxy ,it simply doesn't have more to show in the proxy container.If you want to see more detail in the proxy model,i would reexport the proxies with a higher detail level,but you will pay the cost of extra memory in the view port,which counters the use of proxies to a certain threshold.
  • kurordo
    is there a way to switch back from proxy to mesh for all the proxies and with respct to their original location ?
    i switched to another pc that can handle some extra polygons