Home Contests & Challenges Archives Riot Art Contest Riot Art Contest - Illustration

[Riot Art Contest] - Ferryman Yorick

Hey everyone. I'm still in very rough stages at the moment, but working on a new skin for Yorick; Ferryman Yorick.

Appreciate any comments and feedback.

Replies

• Sniknej
    Only had time for a bit more work into this, but here's todays update.
  • kittkatx
    looking great so far ^o^ I'm loving the angle and presentation as a whole :D

From the first few I thought he was setting off from within a cave, which I thought was a really cool idea like with stalectites which could be dripping liquid from the cieling...

not sure if this was your intention or if you ditched that idea but I can't see them anymore :3

hope this feedback helps ^^

(the cave thing with the whole fisherman feel reminded me a little of the swamp episodes in Avatar (If you've seen it) and I really think it looks really grungy and like dirty but in a really really good way if that makes sense? xD I'm kind of confusing myself now (lol) )

~kitty
  • Sniknej
    I haven't seen Avatar sorry, might have to look up those episodes though :) but he is in a cave. I decided that I wanted Yorick to take up more of the composition space, so I just quickly cropped the image and I haven't drawn in the background properly again, it will be back though :) Thanks for the feedback. It's much appreciated!
  • Sniknej
    It's been a little while since I posted last, life always seems to get in the way, but made some progress. Here are the updates. I wanted to be done now, so I could start work on another piece, but there's still plenty more to do one Yorick here.

The spirits will be coming back, but right now i'm not entirely sure what treatment i want to give them, so i've hidden them for now.