Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Uncharted 3 - Environment Art Dump - Anthony Vaccaro

polycounter lvl 15
Offline / Send Message
Autocon polycounter lvl 15
Hey all, I updated my website and finally got some of the work I did for Uncharted 3 Drakes Deception up there. Perfect timing as the Uncharted 3 GOTY edition was just announced so if you haven't picked it yet now is a perfect time :)

In case you are unaware, we do things slightly differently at Naughty Dog. For every level we have 1 Environment Artist and 1 Texture Artist. The Environment Artist handles all modeling/scene assembly and the Texture Artist creates the shaders and textures for said models. There are generally 1 Environment Artist and 1 Texture Artist per level/per look. This rule of course gets broken when its like OH SHIT the game needs to get done and we havent even started the last level! ha

Anyway, I hope you enjoy. I contributed a small article to the Polycount PDF but looking back and at some of the other more tutorial articles I think mine sucks ha so feel free to ask anything and I will answer it to the best of my ability. Also dont hesitate to point out things that suck and can be improved :)

-Anthony

My main responsibility for Uncharted 3 was the Caravan level. 100% of the modeling/scene assembly/technical crap was done by myself. All shaders and textures were done by my shader artist, Brad Smith.

kc5vc0xfkz44.jpg
pt5kofduzjsz.jpg
kvzxftyvni0n.jpg
26txfbt3m7it.jpg
ibvskzu18x4n.jpg
lqq74ac3bif9.jpg
swdj69ugb25k.jpg
j4jb7nlzazlg.jpg
d5yzw52a52uf.jpg
oajod32tc1kj.jpg
cb1qtca9024m.jpg
10w7wc4trx2l.jpg

I also worked on (slight spoilers) the very last level of the game, the Collapsing Sandlantis section. The look of most of the architecture was already established so I was creating new assets with those ascetics in mind and creating them to be destroyed.

egpd4vdxp2f0.jpg
wuc1prrdx9zu.jpg

Replies