Home Unreal Engine

3dsMax / UE4 Tools

Replies

• Amatobahn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Amatobahn polycounter lvl 7
    You're right, its a bug. I'll fix that and push an update as soon as I can.
  • Amatobahn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyle, For a quick fix: Line 191 - change the entire line to: max select

I'll include this in the next update sometime tomorrow. (Saturday)
    But I'll show you all the newest feature:

I have added a new Quick Launch feature to allow the ability to launch four of your favorite applications right from the tool. Will allow to launch any app, really. Comes in handy more than I thought it would.

I've also fixed some very tricky bugs, and added a refresh button to the export list for when certain cases come up, like switching to a new file.

kQjbs.jpg
  • [HP]
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Hey man, I just tried the latest version and I can't get it working on Max2016.

Added an object to the list, clicked Export then clicked Export Single Object on the dialog and I got this error: http://imgur.com/07hrUOd
    After that, the Object just sits in 0,0,0 with a Turn to Poly modifier.
  • Amatobahn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] Sorry for the very delayed response. I didn't get ping'd when you messaged on Polycount. I will take a look and see what the issue is during lunch at work since I don't have 2016 at home.
  • Yogensya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yogensya polycounter lvl 9
    Hi,

Wanted to thank you for this script, got it today and it seems like a very nice set of tools, I'm trying to get started with my first UE4 scene and I can already see this making things much easier for me!

I've tested it for a while and after tinkering with most of the buttons, and tweaking it a bit to my taste, I've noticed a few bugs, and came up with some suggestions, so I'll just spam it over here. :P

Bugs

• Script thinks several objects are selected when no objects are selected on single object export.
    • cui.RegisterDialogBar triggers an error if toolbar button is pressed when script is already open, it would be nice if it closed the window instead.
    • If selected object is not in the UE4 Export list, single mesh export fails with an exception error (not sure if caused by me tampering with the code).
    • Adding several meshes to the UE4 Export list at the same time seems to cause incorrect warnings saying some of the meshes are already added. Seems to show a warning for all meshes except the one it processes. Everything works fine though.
    • (minor) Dock button doesn't change to Dndock when window is manually draged to dock. cui.getDockState might help.

Sugestions

• It would be great if the height of the dialog was fluid when docked to use space better in some situations.
    • In unreal 4 I think the size of the reference box should be 200^3 instead of 64x64x196, that way it will align with the default 10 unit grid. When adding a mesh it would be nice to select it and zoom to it in case world origin is not in view.
    • A button to center pivots to mesh center/bottom center would be very helpful for props, like seen in this script http://mixescript.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/center-pivot-or-bottom-center.html
    • It would be nice it store in the ini file the stat of each pane of the main window (expanded or collapsed).

Some of the changes I suggest I've done myself, since I know it's not a good idea to clutter the script with stuff and they are just ideas. :)
  • Amatobahn
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yogensya said:
    Bugs
    • Script thinks several objects are selected when no objects are selected on single object export.
    • cui.RegisterDialogBar triggers an error if toolbar button is pressed when script is already open, it would be nice if it closed the window instead.
    • If selected object is not in the UE4 Export list, single mesh export fails with an exception error (not sure if caused by me tampering with the code).
    • Adding several meshes to the UE4 Export list at the same time seems to cause incorrect warnings saying some of the meshes are already added. Seems to show a warning for all meshes except the one it processes. Everything works fine though.
    • (minor) Dock button doesn't change to Dndock when window is manually draged to dock. cui.getDockState might help.

Sugestions

• It would be great if the height of the dialog was fluid when docked to use space better in some situations.
    • In unreal 4 I think the size of the reference box should be 200^3 instead of 64x64x196, that way it will align with the default 10 unit grid. When adding a mesh it would be nice to select it and zoom to it in case world origin is not in view.
    • A button to center pivots to mesh center/bottom center would be very helpful for props, like seen in this script http://mixescript.blogspot.com.es/2013/03/center-pivot-or-bottom-center.html
    • It would be nice it store in the ini file the stat of each pane of the main window (expanded or collapsed).
    Thank you for the very descriptive feedback Yogensya!

I will definitely go about fixing all of those issues, on top of the issue that [HP] posted above about the export single.
    I should hopefully get it done soon however I am about to be moving locations so I may have a bit of down time from now.

I based the initial reference box off of the Shooter Demo character back when UE4 first became public (which I think sits the character at 6'4). I can adjust that when I address all the other issues!

:)

• SeveredSon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SeveredSon triangle
    Hi. Great tool. I use it all the time, but I either can't figure out the process for exporting collision or it's not working. Can you please post a step-by-step on how to export meshes with collision? Much appreciated. Thanks.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    Collision meshes generally need to be the exact name of the original mesh with, _ucx after it for UE to recognise it as such.
  • SeveredSon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SeveredSon triangle
    The export tool places a parent node at the pivot when setting up the collision mesh for export. Usually I would parent the collision meshes to the static mesh, move the static mesh to world origin, select the static mesh and collision meshes, and export, then set it back to its original position.

The way the tool sets up collision, the collision meshes are parented to a node instead of the static mesh. As far as I can tell, there's no way to export the collision with the mesh the way tool sets it up. Do I mark the node for export and export that out? Hopefully that all makes sense. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
  • SeveredSon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SeveredSon triangle
    Okay, so I exported the node which the UE4 tool names UE4_MODEL. I can mark that node, which adds it to the marked list for export. The only caveat is that all of the nodes are named UE4_MODEL and it won't add them all to the list because they all have the same name. If I rename this node, the collision does not export, which means I have to add it to the list, export and then remove it from the list and add another node. I'd like to be able to batch export all the meshes because I have like a 100 meshes to export. If anyone has problem solved this issue please let me know.

Thanks.
  • MonsieurleCinq
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MonsieurleCinq polycounter lvl 8
    So I just got my hand on this script , was pretty happy bout it cause max FBX save and edit doesnt work and you have to set it manually each time , but I cant export the assets using this script either . 

This is what it is giving me 

its seams to be the same problem has HP posted on december 2015, any chance you got a fix on that ?

Would be appreciated 
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    are you planning on making a version for Max 2017?
  • highend
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    highend null
    Hi I'm still unable to load the tools in Max 2016 although I put the file in ://Program Files/Autodesk/3ds Max */scripts/Startup or I open it from Run Script. Please help!
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    I've been using Tom Shannon's script pack for a long while now and it's fantastic. Can anyone comment on what extra features Greg's tools have?

Cheers.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    I've been using Tom Shannon's script pack for a long while now and it's fantastic. Can anyone comment on what extra features Greg's tools have?

Cheers.
    Does it work with groups with collision and LODs models inside as well? Currently at work, so can't test it right now. Also, I believe that the reset to 0 option is a bit redundant in the newer UE4 version.