Home Dota 2

DashXero - DotA2 Thread

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
DashXero polycounter lvl 11
Yo. Looks like I'm doing this. The first post is reserved for stuff I've done. Will update every now and then... When I have time...

Stuff In-Game
Nada

Workshop Stuff

FINALHEADER.jpg

NSPresentationHeaderA.jpg

LuckyStrikeThumb.jpg

Works In Progress
JuggernautConcept00.jpg
UrsaConcept.jpg

Replies

• DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    NSPresentationHeaderA.jpg

Finally finished and submitted this thing. If anyone has any crits that I can take with me moving forward, I'd be more than happy to hear 'em.

Thanks.
  • BrontoThunder
    Offline / Send Message
    BrontoThunder polycounter lvl 13
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    seriously awesome work Dash +1
  • DashXero
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like I have some downtime. So, I decided to concept something I've been kicking around in my head for a bit. Thinking this is gonna be half of another dual-character set...

JuggernautConcept00.jpg

Decided to try to keep it simple. Will probably wind up slinging that tokkuri more towards the back instead of the left side.

Any crits or concerns, I want to hear 'em!

Thanks.
  • Zombiecrackers
    Offline / Send Message
    Zombiecrackers polycounter lvl 5
    DashXero wrote: »
    Looks like I have some downtime. So, I decided to concept something I've been kicking around in my head for a bit. Thinking this is gonna be half of another dual-character set...

JuggernautConcept00.jpg

Decided to try to keep it simple. Will probably wind up slinging that tokkuri more towards the back instead of the left side.

Any crits or concerns, I want to hear 'em!

Thanks.

Love his outfit, but not so much his sword :( sorry I just don't know something about it the outfit however very nice ;)
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    @Zombiecrackers
    Thanks. If you figure out what you don't like about the sword, I want to know.

Second half of the dual-character set.

UrsaConcept.jpg

Again, I tried to keep it simple. I'll probably wind up slinging those bandana ends over the back of the collar somehow. I don't think I'll want to deal with adding additional bones...

Any crits or concerns, I wanna hear 'em!

Thanks.
  • Pierate
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    the Ursa set is nice, I especially like the leather straps on the bracers. The Jugger set is also nice but like Zombiecrackers said, there's something about the sword and I think (for me atleast) it's the handguard/beginning of the blade area that looks odd and clumsy, like the weight is on the wrong side of the blade.

Keep it up man.
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    JuggernautConcept01.jpg

Thanks, Pierate. It took a bit, but I figured out the problem and corrected it. It was actually surprisingly simple. In the previous configuration, the pommel would have gotten in the way! To figure this out, I used a thought exercise. Imagine that the ends that stick out on the hilt are pointy parts. In the old configuration, they would have stuck into the arms at the flick of a wrist (considering the blade's facing angle). So, by flipping the handle and placing it on the opposite side of the sword, we get something that would hurt a lot less.
  • bewsii
    Offline / Send Message
    bewsii polycounter lvl 9
    Really nice concept, DashXero :)
  • Pierate
    Offline / Send Message
    Pierate polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah sword is looking a lot better now, a lot more balanced, reminds me abit of a crocodilian head aswell which is cool.
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks guys. Much belated thanks...

I just made a quick concept of something kinda different over lunch...

RatCourierConcept.jpg

I'm trying to figure out whether I should work on this or the Juggs and Ursa set in the upcoming block of free time I'll soon have... Suggestions? Crits? Great Thoughts?
  • bounchfx
    aw man you beat me to it!

I really wanted to do a rat courier but this looks pretty close, I like what you've done so far.
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks, bounchfx!

This is the second time someone's told me I've beaten them to do something. For the record, I'm not spying on any of you... *hastily hides satellite surveillance data*.
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    LuckyStrikeThumb.jpg

All right. Made this as a kind of warm-up for the rat, and also as an entry for the monthly competition...
  • DashXero
    Offline / Send Message
    Progress on the rat has been made... Fur is a little tentative, as I have yet to decide which fur rendering style to go for, and could use some more input on which fur would go best.

RatCourierWIP01.jpg

It's weird... It's somehow slightly departed from the concept... Though, I'm not quite sure that I mind.

RatCourierWIP0a.jpg
    RatCourierWIP0b.jpg

As Spudnik pointed out in the workshop thread, the details of A's fur would probably read better at a distance/lower texture resolution.

On the other hand, B seems to have more of an emphasis on the character's forms.

'Seems that the next step is nailing down how the rat is gonna fly.