Home 2D Art Showcase & Critiques

[Pixel Art] Guns of the Bloodslinger

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Lord Fryingpan polycounter lvl 12
So, once again I'm trying to build a game project worthy of the name.

8erRSmI.gif

Essentially, an open world platformer / run and gun.

A few concepts for environments :

piAfxDo.png

djLVSyc.jpg

And characters :

b6HSfe4.jpg

sdDoftD.jpg

And now, the pixel goods :

pILH9Ww.jpg

fNPzAfW.gif

LQ7R6Y3.gif

Placeholders, placeholders everywhere !

BmFQegp.jpg

Replies

• Avanthera
    Offline / Send Message
    Avanthera polycounter lvl 10
    Oh man, these look great! Love the rock monster thing up top especially. Have you thought of doing it purely with 2d sprites for the environment as well? I love the look of your concepts for the environments and that low-contrast painterly look, but I find it becomes not so effective when you move over to 3d... Maybe you can pull it off better than me, or you plan on going in a different direction, so I'll leave it at that. Everything is looking fantastic so far! :)
  • HowardDay
    Offline / Send Message
    HowardDay polycounter lvl 10
    Oh, NICE! These look amazing. Am I reading the prototype correctly, and you'll have pixel-y textures on a 3d environment with 2d pixel-y sprite characters? If so, EXCELLENT. I'm a gigantic fan of that kind of aesthetic! Please, keep it coming, more!
  • RevCleo
    Great colours! I'm loving the animation too!
  • Higuy
    Offline / Send Message
    Higuy polycounter lvl 9
    This looks really cool, can't wait to see more. That big rock monster looks awesome.

My only complaint is that whatever 3d app your making this in isn't orthographic and the 3d boxyness is not exactly the most attractive IMO. If you had flat and traditional I think it look better in that regard and really help your awesome pixel art look better.