Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: GameDevGoro

Replies

• Eoq
    Offline / Send Message
    Eoq polycounter lvl 8
    niiiiiceeee stuffff dude! : )) keep it up!
  • Callesw
    Sweet designs man :) Keep em coming!
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    [Deleted User] polycounter lvl 7
    Edit: Thank you, Eoq and Callesw. Means a ton. :)

Wooo. Quite the while since my last thing.

So, I've been doing some 3d work the past weeks or so, just knocking out all of the models I need to put together for my engine demo.

And I'm going to put up a model on here that you guys can hurl some boulders at! :)

I posted an old version of this same character a while ago, and I asked my brother to redesign it...
    He did. And it turned out totally awesome and super interesting.
    So I decided that I would just crap myself all over it.

Here you go!

composed_image.jpg

OK. I'm going to point out a few things that might seem weird.

1) Sorry for the color grading on one of the images, teal and orange isn't that great a color combination in most cases. :poly141: (Also sorry about the bloom...)
    2) The wireframe view seems to display some clusters of faces as one big face, it is in fact not, it's just Blender's weird thing to not show separating edges between faces that aren't very different.
    3) The model doesn't conform to the concept completely, this is not because I'm an idiot. It's deliberate.
    Edit point: 4) The "Mask" texture I mention is a special kind of texture my engine uses for gloss, reflect and fresnel masks.

All in all: It's not a great model, and that is partially because I don't model that much and am usually used to modeling super lowpoly stuff. It's an anatomical disaster in some areas, but that's just my lack of knowledge.

Topology is balls...

Any questions? :) Fire awaaaaaaaay.
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh maaaaaaan.

squash.jpg
    boredyet.jpg

Some terrible doodles.... I'm working hard on some projects right now so it's tough to make up cool stuff to draw... D:

Damn it...
  • FullSynch
    Offline / Send Message
    FullSynch polycounter lvl 11
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    @FullSynch: :)

Some dumb stuff from the past few.. uhh... a while anyway.

coldafternoon.jpg

jive1.jpg

glglgg2.jpg
    Shiny ass is more fun to draw than... regular ass...

Ugh......
  • [Deleted User]
  • Eoq
    Offline / Send Message
    Eoq polycounter lvl 8
    I'm looooooovin' that last image like fawk! : ) *wants more*
  • [Deleted User]
    Offline / Send Message
    @Eoq: Thank you!!! :D
    And more you shall get! (Haha, this is probably stuff you've already seen, man. Sorry. xD)

caydeeee.jpg

pulpo.jpg
    Now because this image is like.. nude and stuff. I'm uncertain whether or not this thread should have the "nudity" or "nsfw" tag or something. I'm not sure how to change the title of the sketchbook though. Maybe it isn't such a big deal?

Aaand some sketches:
    runboyrun.jpg

1a7c6c89fce9f97b5ea63aed10400231-d5bone8.jpg
    (This image is stupidly linked via my DeviantArt, maybe it will crap out at some point, but then I'd just re:up it.)

More to come at some point. :)
  • SpencerWaters
    wake wrote: »
    For now I've got two main crits. 1) you need work on grounding your characters better. Either stick with a completely flat background like you have with the first anime girl, or lay in more solid shadows and add a horizon line-- most of your pieces just look floaty. 2) use more reference when painting clothing, equipment etc. For example, the giant sword that the second anime girl is wielding or leggings and underwear that your clockwork orange girl is wearing could really be improved by resolving the details a little better. Go to a women's lingerie website or someplace like . It'll help to resolve the characters more.

Some solid stuff here-- keep postin

I am still very unsure about the dresses of game characters. They should be properly dressed as mostly these games are played by kids. Such female outfits have wrong impression on kids:(:(