Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    NO DON'T SHOW ME :polytwitch:
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Don't worry Torch I'm feeling the pain too x)

post-19890-Cartman-pacing-come-on-come-on-9VTm.gif
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I already pre-ordered the special edition from Amazon, unfortunately I'll be busy on release day. I can't wait to check out the new chalice dungeons though, I've wanted such a system in a Souls game for a long time!
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    Damn I'd love to play this but don't own a PS4 :(
  • MartinH
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MartinH polycounter lvl 8
    You and me both, Pogo. Love DS2, and i really like where they're going with bloodborne, no sword and board anymore, just fast action.

Will it get ported to PC eventually or is this a PS4 exclusive?
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    One of the cool new faceplates for PS4....although, $25 :/

Bloodborne-PS4.jpeg
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    It was co-developed with Sony. It'll get the Demon's Souls treatment I'm afraid. I caved in and bought a PS4 just for Blood >_< Most expensive game ever hehe.
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    I just got a PS4 a week ago without any games (though I have some stuff I got from PS Plus). Now it's time for me to avoid any Bloodborn related news for a week or so.
  • Target_Renegade
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Target_Renegade polycounter lvl 11
    Didn't get too far with Demon Souls, gave up too easily, can't go back and play that now, so I'm going to play this instead. The Japanese have caught up in the 3D techniques I reckon - not to say that they weren't superb to begin with, but this looks stellar. A PC game doesn't look as good as this, no matter what your processor or GPU is. All in a small machine.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    Its already preloaded!!! Can't wait for tomorrow morning :D
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Likewise, although says another 3 days for me :( Lucky!
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Oh and assuming the servers are shared...expect good ol' Habboi to pay you a visit...in red >: )
  • Hayden Zammit
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hayden Zammit polycounter lvl 12
    My bloodboner is ready.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    ive never tried a dark souls game so i might get this one to see what all the fuss is about.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. wrote: »
    ive never tried a dark souls game so i might get this one to see what all the fuss is about.

Some friends are saying that is actually a very good intro to the souls series. Its still very very challenging, but its a good intro and accessible.
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiniku polycounter lvl 9
    Whoop whoop, my local gamestop is actually doing a midnight release for this. Very few games get me so antsy that I actually willingly enter a gamestop. I'm probably not gonna sleep much tonight...
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    I have to wait until Wednesday to get it. :(

I have Thursday and Friday off. :)

I know what I'll be doing, and it's not sleeping.
  • Kurt Russell Fan Club
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kurt Russell Fan Club polycounter lvl 9
    I know, I know scores are meaningless. This isn't helping my hype though.

JnPKWXJ.png
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Looks like I'll be spending a lot of time watching BloodBorne on Twitch. Hopefully Darksouls 3 looks just as good for PC.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    This goes without saying but since the game isn't out yet in certain countries, make sure to keep spoilers, especially early level ones all covered up with the spoiler tag x)

I've had some nasty spoilers fly by me because it came out in America. So keep that in mind.

Otherwise, so far it has received immensely good scores! The complaints so far are:

1. Long loading times (supposedly going to be patched)
    2. Camera getting stuck in geometry or tight spaces making boss fights almost trollish.
    3. Framerate dipping below 30 to the point it's noticeable.

In other words, it's a Soul's game alright x) I don't mind, what I've seen so far, I know it's my number 1 this year! Hope you're all enjoying it!
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Played for about 4 hours last night. There was a 2.5 GB patch, and I didn't think the load times were outrageous, so maybe the fixed it. I miss having item descriptions on the load page though.

I'm having a lot of fun.. it's so exciting to not know what to do or where to go in one of these games again. It's also quite a bit different in combat strategy, I'll think I have things all planned out then I get rekt instantly. The fights are so fast paced.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Good reviews all over.

GAF Review thread

Played it for a few hours this morning. Holy cow, this game is amazing. How the levels weave together, but you never feel really lost is amazing. It actually does the opposite, it creates a sense of excitement when you stumble upon a shortcut or a new path or area.

Love the new gameplay. Faster paced, with the blunderbus for stun and some cool finishing moves.

Been getting killed by the same baddie, but i know its my fault. So the game is well balanced. Loving every min of it, and it looks amazing.

The loading times where not over 35 secs for me. but i do have a SATA drive, so i dunno if that made a difference, or the patch helped.

SO YEA! can't wait to get back to the game!
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    Habboi wrote: »
    LavishOffbeatGangesdolphin.gif

I too am counting the days but we British don't get it till Friday T.T

From the spoilers I've read it's well received so far! The level design being the top of the mark.

holy shit ... why cant all developer be this creative.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    It's one of the reasons From are becoming a more recognised developer! If you've read how they actually design creatures you'll understand. Someone once said that the Souls designs put across a feeling of elegance and refinement while maintaining the dark gruesome aspects without resorting to gore and rotten flesh and so on. And that's how I feel about the games as a whole. Clean yet...dark.

A very creative team indeed ^^

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDQf4lQYP8c[/ame]
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    So glad I bought the PS4, Borne makes the purchase even more worthwhile (best title on the PS4 for me so far :) )

They have done a great job!
  • DanConroy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DanConroy polycounter lvl 18
    For what its worth UK peeps, ordering from shopto will normally get you the game a day early.

Just in case people wanted it thursday.

Edit : ah my order is being processed right now, so might be too late sorry =/
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn, I got an e-mail from Amazon saying my shipment has been delayed until Friday which I'm guessing is due to the fact that they're probably sold out of the collector's edition.

I suppose I'll just wait for it but now I have to resist the urge to cancel my pre-order and just buy the game digitally :(
  • teaandcigarettes
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    teaandcigarettes polycounter lvl 12
    Hmm, looks like I might have to wait till next week as well. I preordered a UK version to make sure that I don't get the shitty Polish localisation. But my order is still pending dispatch, so I doubt I'm going to get it in time. A pity, but Pillars of Eternity comes out on 26th, so I might just play that instead :)
  • Rob Macko
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rob Macko polycounter lvl 6
    Super hype for this game! My copy arrived at work today, and it's burning a hole in my desk. It's on tonight :)

I'm very curious how co-op will work, as there's a few people at work that are down for it. I've been avoiding media/posts about the game aside from a peek in this thread so it can all be a surprise as I play.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    ;/

damn.

Was hoping to stave off getting a PS4 for a while longer.
  • moose
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    moose polycount sponsor
    JacqueChoi wrote: »
    ;/

damn.

Was hoping to stave off getting a PS4 for a while longer.

Metal Gear isn't that far off, may as well get one now :)
  • Baj Singh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Baj Singh polycounter lvl 9
    For those of you in the UK and collect Nectar card points, Sainsburys are having a double up week. So if you have £20 worth of voucher points, you can get £40 off of a game (or other stuff).

Definitely worth a look in.
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    moose wrote: »
    Metal Gear isn't that far off, may as well get one now :)

Isn't Metal Gear coming to PC?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD wrote: »
    Isn't Metal Gear coming to PC?

It is. 2 weeks after sept 1st when it comes out on console.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Does anyone know if they have disabled infinite respawns for enemies upon your death (like in DS2,) so people couldn't farm for souls over and over?
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch wrote: »
    Does anyone know if they have disabled infinite respawns for enemies upon your death (like in DS2,) so people couldn't farm for souls over and over?
    According to a google search they do respawn, which is a great thing in my opinion. I can't confirm this but I watched some PvP videos and it seems like enemies will occasionally come out of the ground to attack you also.
  • Habboi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Habboi sublime tool
    Apparently they drop less items if you farm though. But that's just something Vaati said in his first video. So storing items is a good tip for when you find yourself in those bad times.
  • The Mad Artist
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Mad Artist polycounter lvl 13
    Well, I've put off getting a PS4 long enough. I'm totally sold on this game, gonna be the first next gen title I buy.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Looks like Amazon came through for me, they initially said it would be shipped out on Friday but I just received an e-mail confirmation saying it was shipped out today and I'll receive it tomorrow!
  • Hazardous
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
    Yeah i think this is it. Can't put off a ps4 any longer!
  • GrevSev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    GrevSev polycounter lvl 9
    The swift new movement plus the trick weapon animations and combos are so fucking cool.

They brought back custom names and the multiplayer system is a load better than before though still a bit slow with the password system

A shame about the scythe bullshit It would have been amazing playing through with it I still reeeally need my own ps4 for this
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    guys i died!

In all seriousness i can see why people think these games are hard Ive been stuck in the beginning section for a hour dieing over and over again. losing all my souls! even though i don't know how to upgrade my guy :S
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    The game is a blast, really loving it. My only issue is that I wish they could have had enemy respawns as soon as you touch a lamp (like bonfire's in DS,) rather than having to travel back to Hunter's Dream and then back to your previous location again... dem loading times :poly117:
    So storing items is a good tip for when you find yourself in those bad times.

I believe when you max out stuff like blood vials, the counter turns blue which means you have 'extras' or surplus stored, which was mentioned in the IGN review (in progress.)
    even though i don't know how to upgrade my guy :S

You level up with the doll chick that comes alive in Hunter's dream, later in the game!
  • JasonLavoie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    guys i died!

In all seriousness i can see why people think these games are hard Ive been stuck in the beginning section for a hour dieing over and over again. losing all my souls! even though i don't know how to upgrade my guy :S

Get better bro! :poly142:
  • Shiniku
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Apparently they drop less items if you farm though. But that's just something Vaati said in his first video. So storing items is a good tip for when you find yourself in those bad times.
    I would take what Vaati says with a grain of salt, he was obviously playing with an older build and even then I think he got some stuff wrong. I extensively searched out the first few sections of the game before watching his vids and didn't learn anything really. I usually really like his videos but I think he had too much pressure to get a vid out day of release or something.

Anyway, I know at least in the current build there's no need to manually store blood vials or bullets, if you collect more than 20 out in the world they're automatically sent to storage(that's what that rectangular icon means when you pick it up), and when you die what you're carrying is auto restocked from your storage.

Also, I was using vials and ammo really liberally to begin with because I didn't know the extras I got were being stored, and a ton were dropping, but in later areas I've noticed not many are dropping at all. So don't go crazy blasting through them all.

I've killed 3 bosses, died once to each of them mostly due to stupidity. I've never been unable to recover my lost blood echoes though. Hardest section for me so far though was
    when the dude with the gatling gun is shooting you and there's another hunter. Got killed by that hunter 4 times (was getting frustrated) and when I first climbed up the ladder to get the gatling guy, he immediately turned around and blasted me off the roof.
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IWG8VuICjo[/ame]

WTH was that? this happened to me this morning. No idea what it is hahaha.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Anyone have any good tip/beginner guide videos that don't spoil to much of the game?
  • glottis8
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Anyone have any good tip/beginner guide videos that don't spoil to much of the game?

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxi_w6jwRg[/ame]
    Excellent inrto going over everything with no/very little spoilers.
  • PHIllstead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PHIllstead polycounter lvl 8

Some quick tips from a guy who has nearly 200 hours across Dark Souls 1 and 2:

- Your starting class matters much less than you think it will, what matters is your choice of weapons.

- If you new to stat allocation, extra health and stamina is always good early on. But you will find weapons that have higher requirements, so you will want to pump points in the required stats, most likely strength and skill for beginners to use the better melee weapons.

- Since there are no shields, turtling and heavy armor builds are gone, so you'll have to learn dodge roll timings and most importantly, parrying with your gun to get the set up for your riposte/visceral attack.

- Upgrading weapons is pretty much the most important part of ANY Souls game, as it increases how well your weapon scales with your stats, thus increasing your damage. So you'll want to find some weapons that fit your play style and upgrade them often.

- Most importantly, dying is part of the process! you will lose souls/blood echoes often when you're a beginner, so be vigilant in your usage of them. Don't be too cocky, because there is always that ONE torch hollow that ruins your whole day by killing you 3 feet away from your bloodstain.

Hope this helps, most of this is just mechanics basics.

TL;DR : Find a cool weapon you like, upgrade it, find some cool gear to play fashion souls with, and learn to roll. And most importantly: gitgud.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    PS1 Bloodborne Demastered from a Neogaf artist :D

d1d03967a5e3a9ffbcaec929cd4ebef3.jpg