Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• tynew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tynew polycounter lvl 9
    Higuy yes, I've noticed that! I thought it was just me. My god the many tears that will be shed by the non-comic book readers when that moment arrives...
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sziada polycounter lvl 11
    TWD-137-animated.gif
    just a really sick gif of the cover for the latest issue
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    That would be awesome, if they could animate paper covers (on the actual comic book)... aka, like in Harry Potter newspapers
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yeah, they made the walking dead an animation, I would totally go for that
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    Rick's voice without the hair or beard.... it doesn't seem right any more haha should have left him alone (maybe just a beard trim) and cut the kids hair and daryl's

every body turn in your weps, but let the kid have a big ass knife and daryl keep his crossbow : /

on the upside the show is finally different and becoming more interesting - and that last line by Rick, I feel that will deff happen considering they aren't really building you up to like any of the new characters (at least any adult males)
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana polycounter lvl 14
    I loved the Carol interview....

Classic.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Daryl had some funny lines in this one. I loved the 'we brought dinner', and 'you look stupid' (reference to carol).

Good episode, though I find it extremely stupid, that this group braced the walls from the outside. Even in the comics, they were inside.

If you weren't aware (not sure if it was mentioned on talking dead), Scott Ian, from Anthrax, was the zombie that grabs Rick's leg, when Rick returns for his gun.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I just read that the comment "You look ridiculous" was ad libbed by Reedus. It wasn't in the script.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    though I find it extremely stupid, that this group braced the walls from the outside.

Yea thought that was pretty stupid too, I guess for zombies it's not a huge deal but for other people who want to invade... just climb on it
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    katana wrote: »
    I just read that the comment "You look ridiculous" was ad libbed by Reedus. It wasn't in the script.

lol, even better (and I see it was ridiculous, not stupid :))
    Yea thought that was pretty stupid too, I guess for zombies it's not a huge deal but for other people who want to invade... just climb on it

Not just that (which was definitely one of my points), but if you want to stop an outside force, pushing on your wall, it's best to counter that force, from the inside. It's likely to just fall over, if enough zombies walk into it, at the same time.
  • SanjiWhite
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Or they are built to keep people inside? (I haven't read the comics, so I don't know how this new community turns out)
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm assuming they only wanted to film that small area, showing supports, so they didn't need to place them all over that neighborhood. I'm assuming it would be easier to photoshop in the walls, in the backgrounds, without the support beams. But the yards also looked very small, so maybe there wasn't much room for the supports. Still seems like there are better options though.
  • commador
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    commador polycounter lvl 14
    About the wall, some mechanical and civil engineers chimed in about that on the Reddit episode discussion. Steel works better under tension than compression so the way the wall is braced is actually the best way to do it. Wall or no wall, if the living want in, they will get in.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol knowing this show, the wall will fail when someone forgets to lock/close the gate
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Anyone notice the lawns weren't mowed? Eat your heart out, internet.
  • sziada
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    apparently we have a lot to look forward to for the finale, I am thinking possibly Negan or the horde invading new Alexandria safe zone :)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    blazed wrote: »
    Also when did Glenn become such a badass, that skinny nerdy asian boy... seriously, that's like seeing Eugene duck, counter and one hit knockout a person 4 seasons from now. Killing zombies and barely surviving obviously turns you into a world class boxer lol.

When did Glenn become such a badass?
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9dw4RlPNqc[/ame]
  • yodude87
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 polycounter lvl 5
    i could swear there would have been a threesome in last episode between daryl and the two dudes lol
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    yodude87 wrote: »
    i could swear there would have been a threesome in last episode between daryl and the two dudes lol

hahahahaha
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    The love triangle between Rick, that woman and her husband the doctor is a powder keg, waiting to go off.
  • Torch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch interpolator
    Just stop killing horsies ffs
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    Sticking more to the comic storyline is giving me serious anxiety about what awaits some of my favorite characters...
  • assblood
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Torch wrote: »
    Just stop killing horsies ffs

Yup, it never goes down well with me
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like that the only consideration they had when building the walls was to keep zombies out; Rick mentions that anyone can climb up those supports.

I'm loving season 5 so far, it's at 97% fresh on rotten tomatoes, if there's no stinkers it will be the best reviewed season of the show, praise Gimple!
  • Jason Young
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jason Young polycounter lvl 14
    I'm loving season 5 so far

Indeed.
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Damn Carol....no Betty Crocker for you.

looks like Sasha is heading for the cutting room floor.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah, you may be right. Sasha's not handling the current situation very well. -esp. with her freaking out at the party

Funny thing is, at the same time...They're pumping her up as the go-to sniper
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Carol is the biggest badass on the block.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    For further reference, Glenn punching Abraham, riot gear Glenn, etc..

It boils down to people who live on the road are bad-asses, the people of Alexandria are softies. Beth could have punched that punks card.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also remember, you're analyzing fight scene, for a TV show. They aren't actually trying to hit each other.
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
    I actually like how they're dealing with what's obviously PTSD.

Sasha's character especially.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    I'm enjoying this season. I also feel though like the internet is doing its best to ruin it. People constantly trying to pick the show apart, down to the dumbest things, or comparing everything they do in the show to what happens in the comic. It is way more annoying than any of the dumb decisions any characters have made - even Sarah.

I would rather ride shotgun with Sarah than sit be stuck in safe house with some of these people constantly whining about this show.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    take the high-road like Blazed just did, lol.

Glenn isn't the Korean nerd tv trope, he's a character that has evolved over the coarse of the show. I'm glad Steven Yeun stuck with it, he mentioned in an interview how wardrobe handed him short rounds outfit with a rising sun belt buckle on his first day.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    a forget it, I know this thread is about nitpicking the show, not nitpicking the tenuous theories the nitpickers use. The fact that a writer agrees with me is enough justification.
  • ysalex
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ysalex interpolator
    Ill just edit this to say that if you want to spend your time tearing down something thats actually pretty good, just for the sake of it, there's no point in me arguing with you. I don't think its that respectful or useful, but whatever.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pushes Glenn twice then telegraphs his punch, makes sense to me. Personally, I would have decked him after the first push but I'm a bit high-strung.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTnf1DqR-0o[/ame]
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah that's right, I could see a lot of people throwing a punch before then and no one would blame you or anyone for it.
    With all the shit they've been going through, Primal Instincts would no doubt be on high-alert

Waiting for Aiden to swing first was the intelligent move on Glenn's part .. for two reasons.
    Not only does he come off looking like the good guy in this scenario, but he also uses Aiden's momentum against him. Countershots are a bitch.
    Even short rights, that would normally only give the other person a red nose and water eyes.. can become knockout shots.
    They use little energy while still being extremely effective.
    ...and because he's not a big guy, I think it suits his character

edit:: Just because nobody has mentioned it yet...
    That was a hellva double leg takedown by Daryl
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    blazed wrote: »
    Also im Curious to know would you guys be totally ok with Eugene being a badass 4 seasons from now? I mean technically he has been surviving all this time like everyone else he just hasn't evolved.

If we see Eugene killing zombies with his bare hands for 4 seasons, sure, I doubt that's going to happen.

fyi little guy knocking out big guy
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwEKSPmJ2XQ[/ame]
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Aiden telegraphed his punch! What's the argument then?? "they set him up to lose"? Maybe he's a senators son who's lived a life of relative safety?

The only thing I know about British boarding schools is from comic books, where rich kids rule in a brutal Lord of the Flies situation but in the US rich kid = private school, probably never been in a fight in his life.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    His mom thanks Glen for knocking him on his ass. She knows he doesn't have the survival skills to succeed, which is why she sent glen and the gang out with Aiden. He needed to dose of reality and he got it. Aiden isn't some bad ass that knew what he was doing, he was a spoiled cocky idiot and his mom knew his arrogance was dangerous. He thinks his privilege before the apocalypse and privilege after, living in a paradise, make an authority figure. Surprise, he is not and needs to realize it or he is going to be dangerous.

This is further outlined in the show last week when Sasha thinks the bell tower is being manned 24-7 and finds out the empty rifle she saw was Aidens idea. Clearly he doesn't understand how dangerous their situation is. He still thinks that people respect his privileged lifestyle. A lifestyle he would rather enjoy than protect. His mom realizes this and knows how dangerous that head space is.

As for Glen being a fake bad ass, that's bullshit. He has been through and had to do a lot. The whole being captured by Merel and being tortured and having to take out a walker while being stuck in a chair? A wimpy scavenger would have been walker chow. That was a big watershed moment for the tv character. Then time and again he has said and backed up his actions when people assume he is the wimpy scavenger who will always back down. Being a badass is more about mental state and knowing what to do when because of previous experience. Size rarely matters but experience and the persons mental preparedness counts for so much more.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    that has got to suck, your last scene involves a zombie giving you the double fish hook from behind
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Wow, they really are doing their best to prove it sucks to be a black male, on this show :/

What a horrible death though. I guess if I'm going to go, make it memorable.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Everybody ate Chris
  • walkner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    what a great Movie it is, i had ever watch in my whole life.
  • Fuiosg
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fuiosg polycounter lvl 5
    wasn't expecting Noah to be taken out so soon (with a vengeance), why would they pick him to go on a run? Lots of weird stuff in this one.

Has Carol gone full on sociopath?
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    He was taken out quickly.. but To be fair, noah had very little connection with the rest of the group once Beth was knocked off the show.
    There really wasn't anything to his character that made me think he needed to stay. He hasn't contributed to pushing the plot forward in any meaningful way..and I suppose the show hasn't suffered from his loss

Not sure what to think of Carol. She's interesting at least. The whole cookie scene was unexpected and random.
    Killing that girl, lizzie, was probably a turning point for her. I could see her going pretty dark in the upcoming episodes/seasons...
  • mastershokhan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    Wow, they really are doing their best to prove it sucks to be a black male, on this show :/

What a horrible death though. I guess if I'm going to go, make it memorable.

Horror movies and sci-fi has always been good for black actors getting work. I always felt it gives the world a more realist feel. While the black guy usually dies it is most often nobly. At the very least the last time you see them as heroic & human. The Walking Dead looks great on your IMDB page.

I'm black and I hated Noah and the Preacher. Kill 'em both. I look foreword to seeing some new blk character. As a matter of fact...Where my Indians at? Haven't seen any since the prison doctor. Or more Asians
  • katana
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I like the PTSD stuff too. You can see that they have all been out there too long.

I'm a little surprised at the Preacher scene with Deanna though, has everyone forgotten that he locked out his congregation to avoid the zombie blitz?

He's far more Satan than who he names as such.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Horror movies and sci-fi has always been good for black actors getting work. I always felt it gives the world a more realist feel. While the black guy usually dies it is most often nobly. At the very least the last time you see them as heroic & human. The Walking Dead looks great on your IMDB page.

I'm black and I hated Noah and the Preacher. Kill 'em both. I look foreword to seeing some new blk character. As a matter of fact...Where my Indians at? Haven't seen any since the prison doctor. Or more Asians

Oh, no doubt, it's great for a resume. Every actor seems extremely grateful to be part of the show, even if a small role.

And honestly, I'm not taking this as some kind of stand on diversity. It's just starting to feel like black males, on this show, are equivalent to 'red shirts' on Star Trek.

And I agree... I didn't like Noah, nor do I like the preacher (especially after last night).