Home General Discussion

Ninja Gaiden 2

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Marine polycounter lvl 18
Who else got it? slowly making my way through it, the werewolves on chapter 5 keep kicking my arse though :(

Replies

• Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    Werewolves are all annoying -- try the Lunar, dual swords, or dragon sword, depending on your preference, and start learning combos that will take off an arm. Obliterate is the only effective way to deal with them, they have too many attacks you can't interrupt.

I'm on chapter... 10, i think. Really liking it so far. lvl 3 vigorian flail is amazing, one of the most impress action game weapons i've ever encountered. Claws are my second favorite, once you get them to level 2 the mixture of slash-pass through, juggle, and ground moves makes them amazingly fun to fight with. You very rarely have to actually move to dodge enemies, just change your type of attack and let your attacks guide you out of the way.

Ranted about it in irc a bit already -- camera is worse than the first game, must be some kind of time-space paradox. New flow to the combat (specific combos and then dodges instead of the constant cancel-dodge motion you needed to stay alive in the first game) is awesome, art direction is awful but execution is pretty good, varied enemies are for the most part fun to fight...

ghost fish, though, ack.
  • Cheez
    Picked this up earlier in the week as well. The combat is IMHO without parallel in any other beat em up type game. Does an amazing job of making you feel like bad ass without resorting to cheap gimmicks (quick time events etc). Camera is bad, fo sho, but not to the point yet where I want to strangle a cat. Though I am sure I will hit that point eventually. Recharging health, weapon and item hotkeys, and autosaving really streamline and heighten the experience from NG1. Visually a mixed bag. Some really chimpy looking, half assed art for some of the bosses. Giant, waxy muscle-y thing as a subboss for Chapter 3 ? Uhhh yeah. Animation and gore are tops, though :)