Home Contests & Challenges Archives

VG Remix - The Void

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
"I am the colour of your power and fame."

My game of choice is The Void, by Ice-Pick Lodge. If you haven't heard of it, it's a game in which you talk to shades of colour, battle a wheelchair bound guy with a sphincter instead of a head, and paint on naked 12 year olds. It's Russian.

I have sketched out on paper an island formed of the most interesting environments in the game, but the deadline of the competition is approaching fast and I won't be able to texture that all. That leaves me with two options: 1) Just make the Greenhouse of Sister Death and make it really neat. 2) Model all of it, but use a papercraft style instead of proper textures.
I'm still undecided. In the meanwhile, here are some elements of the starting area, the Greenhouse.

[SKETCHFAB]0ac530252b664a76b2e49eee88d0c92e[/SKETCHFAB]

Here are some reference images for the environment and character. You'll notice I have a lot to do and the colours need some calibration.

Replies

• Inpw
    Offline / Send Message
    Inpw polycounter lvl 14
    Oh man, this is awesome!! Love this game so much.
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! It left a pretty big impression on me as far as games go, and its graphics are very distinct and, IMO, gorgeous. I considered doing Pathologic for a short while, but that's already a lowpoly mess as it is :p .

Here's a take on one of my favourite locations in the game, Ire's Pond. It's a test to see how long it takes to make an environment without textures. The answer is pretty quick, only an evening.

[SKETCHFAB]c667f824064c47cabc39f0932a4662ca[/SKETCHFAB]

Here is what it's supposed to look like:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nnpyO40cZo"]Ire's Pond level - YouTube[/ame]
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Sister Ire and Eli's Blimp added. Ire's pubic hair is in the concept art, but she hides it pretty well in the game; better than I could pose a 500 poly version of her, so there you go.

[SKETCHFAB]af4966849216442ea21c5c990af12ba3[/SKETCHFAB]