Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Dishonored Inspired Character - in need of crits !

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Loutrattitude polycounter lvl 6
Hello everyone,

Here is my last project, a character inspired by Dishonored, a game I worship for its artistic direction.

1411078962-bust.png

Neck cloth part is a placeholder to hide the ugly seam for now.
I am a junior in video game art (just landed my first job this summer), and I would appreciate any kind of criticism, comment, etc.

Hope you like it !

Replies

• Chronicle
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Chronicle polycounter lvl 5
    I like it so far, its a good start. I think to give it more of the Dishonored style I think it needs more exaggerated proportions. I lot of dishonored characters also have almost sharp features. For instance, the cheek bones tend to be really prominent with more inset lower cheek area. I think if you gave your character more of those cheekbones and maybe a bit more protruding brow, it'd capture the style a lot more.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You haven't given geometry for the eyelids. Right now, they're just flattened with wrinkles.

You need to add more prominenence and depth to the brow ridge and eye lids surrounding the eye. Since this individual is caucasian-looking, the facial structure should overall have more depth in the eye area.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4QziHEk8E"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA4QziHEk8E[/ame]
  • slosh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slosh hero character
    As mentioned, the eye area is extremely flat. You should really throw spheres in there for actual eyes so you can shape the facial anatomy around them. Ears need work and there seems to be no break between the lips and the chin. The dishonored stuff is very stylized but the anatomy is rock solid. Definitely clean up the anatomy before doing the chiseled pass.