Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Egyptian Character

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
JRancourt polycounter lvl 5
Started a new character this week. I made a quick sketch and I am now moving into the blocking stage. I might change a few thing as a go, but so far it looks like this.
u9fUxps.jpg
Mflt8Jp.jpg

Replies

• alifarsangi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alifarsangi polycounter lvl 9
    Great star so far ! can wait to see more !
  • JRancourt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I made some progress on the sculpt and I will move shortly to 3ds max to make some specific parts. I'm adding hair to the character to see if I can match the Overwatch hair style.

alifarsangi: Thanks mate.

W0ajBbb.jpg
  • Orb
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Orb polycounter lvl 13
    Love the style, very chunky and readable. Are you going to split the stripes as different pieces?
  • Joltya
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joltya polycounter lvl 10
    I like the style a lot too! But it feels like the arms are too thick and the hands too big. I understand that that may be part of the style, but they just feel a bit too big to me.
  • JamesMeader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesMeader polycounter lvl 9
    I like where this is going, look forward to seeing more.
  • Lloth
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Love the style. Only crit I could give is maybe accentuate his knees a little. On first glance the leather straps above his knees look like knee protectors. In the concept his knees are very visible to counter that :)
  • kremrhi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    really cool, I agree with the comment for the knee
  • nickcomeau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nickcomeau polycounter lvl 4
    Interesting start! Two things. The first is, I would make the cloth piece on on his back a bit more dynamic, it's stiff right now (which is probably cause it's not posed but just something to think about going further).

The second thing is that I really like how his hair looks with the hood on but honestly when it comes off it's not doing much for me. Almost looks like a different character. If you're planning on having his hood come off I would maybe revisit possible hairstyles unless you're really attached to this one.
  • YakZSmelk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    YakZSmelk polycounter lvl 11
    This is a fantastic start! My only crit; and this may sound weird, he's got too much clothing for an Eygptian character.

Personally when I think of "Eygptian" style, I think of characters with a fair amount of skin revealed. Showing off some skin may help sell the Eygptian lore to the character.
  • JRancourt
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    My girlfriend is out for the weekend, which means I get some spare time to sculpt! Also if some of you are interested I'll be streaming later on today if you happen to have questions or feedback. I'm pass the blocking and cleaned up my surfaces in max I have started detailing the character and hope to finish this weekend.

http://www.twitch.tv/thuggasmurf

@Orb:
    Thanks! Yes, I remade all the surfaces in 3ds max to have a cleaner final look this was just a blocking.
    @Joltya: Yeah i think your right. I might Have went overboard with the big hands ill look into how i can balance things out. Thanks for the feedback!
    @JamesMeader: Thanks!
    @Lloth:
    Your totaly right. Thanks for the heads up!
    @Nickcomeau:Ya the cloth on the back was only temporary and the character will keep his hood on so no worries about the hair. I simply wanted to show them ha ha!
    @YakZSmelk
    :Good point, I could remove the cloth section on his arms. I'll test this out. Let me know what you think and thanks again for the feedback.

1UwIDY1.jpg
  • karytsukino
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    karytsukino greentooth
    Awesome work on this one! I really like your work in the sculpt part and the details. But I have to agree that he didnt seems very eygptian to me... maybe persian kkk I dont know my opinion only... In any case great job and I cant wait to see it finished! =D
  • devonmousseau
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    devonmousseau polycounter lvl 4
    I really like his glaive/axestaff weapon, it fits his look sol well! Good stuff