Home Dota 2

Spammers, how to deal with them?

Right now I have one crazy fan spamming all my sets with several accounts all over the workshop, people gets angry, downvote my sets and leave not so friendly comments in my sets because of that, and some of you guys reported me the problem thinking it was me

At first I thought it was funny and nothing too dangerous, but things are getting ankward, because Already reported more than 3 alt accounts of this guy, and the guy is here too, just check this Private message I got (last one, already recieved like 3 or 4)

The guy was obsessed with my OD set (and that was my worst set by the way) and thanks to him I had to remove it from my workshop :

http://www.polycount.com/forum/member.php?u=199399

First of all - let me say "thank you" for reading my message and responding. i am sure we can solve this and be happy :)

Okay Ruben. You are the MAN of art - creating a wonderful Dota2 sets.
I DO RESPECT you - and trust me - that means something.

I am NOT trying to insult you, I am not trying to "push" you, or "blackmail" etc.

I just want to have Warnings of the Obsidian lord set in dota 2. that's all. is that 2 much? arent you pissed enough the valve accepted 2 od set's with like 4 months, but ignoring yours which is 10x better and uploaded like like a YEAR ago?

I wont even try to ask you about giving me "source",core files of your OD set so I can edit my OD and use it Via -override_vpk console or dota2 slasher etc. for my PRIVATE use - cos you don't trust me. and MORE - I do respect you.
~~ hmm however this will solve the "problem" and i won't be waiting for another damn year for valve accepting your od set... whatever
in the end - don't you just LOVE to wait like 1 year b4 you epic sets are accepted? hahah i bet you do :)
If you are SO against adds in steam....fine...even that I ll accept cos I RESPECT you ... even "we" can do 1500+ views by ONE day and get 80+ likes and above 10~ dilikes - as you see it's WORTH it.
you can just delete all negative comments cos you will get like 3500+ likes and 150~ dislikes - so who gives a f?ck about this "haters" right? okay - you don't accept this way of advertising...
okay i DO RESPECT you and that's why i am writing this.

anyway - i'am waiting for your actions.

peace.

And now, he started AGAIN with my slardar set, already reported it to valve but nothing happens

how you guys deal with this kind of stuff? already tried to tell him to stop, polite or unpolite manner, reported him and what not, and I'm a bit tired of this shit, it's been 5 months already

Replies

• Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. I just can advise to everyone to block him. I blocked 2 or 3 accounts and don't get any messages about your sets now. May be some messages on dev forums will help, try to post there about your problem, i will support you.
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    my advise would be: message him and offer him to stop everything he does now and forever since it is dmging u. and in return offer him the already imported files for the od set to mod his dotagame with it. if u give him the already imported files he can not easily get the the real scource files as well as the textures are also not the high once. so trust doesnt rly matter, even if he anyhow manages it to decompile the files and convert them into fbx as well as converting the textures into tga (what is not easy) he could not upload that stuff into workshop without getting kicked by valve since everyone knows about it now and valve is hard with copyright.
  • Bishobola
    Nikey wrote: »
    Yeah, it's pretty bad. I just can advise to everyone to block him. I blocked 2 or 3 accounts and don't get any messages about your sets now. May be some messages on dev forums will help, try to post there about your problem, i will support you.
    that's a good idea will do it asap
  • Bishobola
    Shock wrote: »
    my advise would be: message him and offer him to stop everything he does now and forever since it is dmging u. and in return offer him the already imported files for the od set to mod his dotagame with it. if u give him the already imported files he can not easily get the the real scource files as well as the textures are also not the high once. so trust doesnt rly matter, even if he anyhow manages it to decompile the files and convert them into fbx as well as converting the textures into tga (what is not easy) he could not upload that stuff into workshop without getting kicked by valve since everyone knows about it now and valve is hard with copyright.
    I already told the guy to fuck off in a not polite manner, after 4 mails and I'm a patient guy.

I mean, borderline is the word
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i know that u are totaly right with it and my solution isnt rly the best way. but remember internet is full with trolls and rly crazy guys. if he is any of those no rl trolls he can rly damage u in the long term with his shit, so it would have been easier to just give him what he wants under the condition that he gives his word that he will do anything again. and then block all contacts to him :)
  • DNADota
    Offline / Send Message
    DNADota polycounter lvl 2
    When we post an item to the workshop we get around 30 downvotes right in the beginning, which are clearly non-objective. I believe it to be some hater who does that, trying to get the positive percentage down. Because later on the positive % increases and it's obvious that those 30 down-votes are from the hater community.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    Maybe that would not be also a bad idea to make Reddit text post and explain this situation there with possible question for suggestions. Two things can happen after this. General population of community can be aware of this problem and know you are not after this. Also if such problem will be brought to public it could also get Valves attention.

I would also make a text or image in your sets descriptions that will state you are not responsible for spam and if visitor were redirected to your set by spam link you ask them to ignore it.

edit: Forgot to say that guy is nice psycho...
  • Bishobola
    Konras wrote: »
    Maybe that would not be also a bad idea to make Reddit text post and explain this situation there with possible question for suggestions. Two things can happen after this. General population of community can be aware of this problem and know you are not after this. Also if such problem will be brought to public it could also get Valves attention.

I would also make a text or image in your sets descriptions that will state you are not responsible for spam and if visitor were redirected to your set by spam link you ask them to ignore it.

edit: Forgot to say that guy is nice psycho...
    I'll post the first message I got after I deleted my OD set

some nightmare fuel material right here

Hello Bisho Bola!
    First of all let me tell that i DO RESPECT you and your hard work for dota2 workshop.

So i ll try to be "as short as possible"

THIS IS A PRIVATE TALK BETWEEN US SO NO PUBLIC WILL EVER SEE IT

As we all know you have created and then updated (thank god!) your Warnings of the Obsidian Lord set.

However - lets call us "we" - so we did a little to much and advertising it "a little" too much..
    "we" DO APOLOGISE.

So "we" BEG you not to end this EPIC Od set story in this way - as we know that you have deleted all the items in the set...

"we" have an offer for you and "we" are are SURE that all of us - "we" + you = will be happy at the end!!

So "ours" offer is:
    1. DELETE this link
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/f.../?id=222967918
    if you can to "clean" this story set...although the ratings were ***** stars... "we" don't know it's up to you to DECIDE bro!

2. Reupload (maybe you will improve? but for "us" it's a perfect od set) WITH a LOADING SCREEN.
    but please don't use a tag spring2015 cos there's already this shitty GOAT_LIKE od set here
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=375498100
    - my god - it looks soo awful.
    3. Let's wait another year for dear Valve....maybe in 2016 they will add it - don't you just love their "clear" policy about dota2workshop? :)

3. THen you WILL NEVER SEE A_N_Y adds in other comments. you have OUR word bro! N-E-V-E-R.

PLEASE "we" beg you - don't hide such an EPIC od set from a public - let's just not end it in this way. "we" are sure that you are not happy...so as "we" are.

Feel free to PM "us" through this forum if you want to blame "us" - "we" deserve it :)

~~~~
    "we" will be waiting for your actions till 24 January - Saturday... "we" see that you are online EVERY day in steam....so it's more that enough time as "we" think.
    ~~~~
    PLEASE do not ignore our cryings...please don't...
    But... if you will ignore.. "we" saw that you have uploaded some Phantom Lancer and Slardar Stuff in the workshop + an Elder Titan set.
    "WE" don't "love" them... "we" only need Warnings of the Obsidian lord set to be added in the game...but we can "love" them in "our" way..."we" are sure you ll understand what that means.

So that's it...once again "we" are sorry...and "we" are waiting.

Peace!
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Holy shit man, this stuff is so fucked up. O_O
    Can anyone bring this stuff to the attention of Valve?
    I'm pretty sure between us someone has some more direct contacts to people at Valve who can take action in a more resolutive way.
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Welp, that is the most absurd form of blackmailing I've ever seen
  • Bishobola
    he has 2 accounts here in polycount
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/member.php?u=146095
    this one
    and this one
    http://www.polycount.com/forum/member.php?u=199399

and one of his multiple steam accounts is this one, just in case.
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198156142783
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5gi5g2iDAQ[/ame]

On a serious note, don't give him your set, don't give him your source files, don't respond to him and just ignore him. Contact Valve and see what they say.
  • ShorkGamer
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    twilight_psycho_meme_by_grumbeerkopp-d50z2rg.png
    Instead of just asking: "Hey I liked ur set, I would like to use it privatly can I do that?"
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    But didn't they change the workshop so that there won't be any comments anymore? Doesn't that kind of solve the problem? If He's still messaging you and everything, just block him. He really isn't worth your time.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    But didn't they change the workshop so that there won't be any comments anymore? Doesn't that kind of solve the problem? If He's still messaging you and everything, just block him. He really isn't worth your time.

There are still comments. They just aren't on the front page of the item anymore.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    @Bishbola, it seems like he's going to stalk you until you cave in. Just try ignoring him.

If he becomes too much of a problem, you should just use another account to upload your submissions, get a "new" face. You also may need to create a new polycount account or ask one of the Moderators/Admins to change your name/ban the stalker.

If you have games on your current steam account, just use that for games, do not link the two accounts together by a friend request or anything.
  • pear
    Offline / Send Message
    pear polycounter lvl 8
    what the fuck is wrong with people
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    I thought this guy looked familiar. He spammed this on a few of my submissions, and I'm sure many others here

BuR4cSQ.png
  • Bishobola
    kite212 wrote: »
    I thought this guy looked familiar. He spammed this on a few of my submissions, and I'm sure many others here

BuR4cSQ.png

yeah that one, reported and blocked communication with him already, and told valve about this account.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    @GhostDetector that is bad idea. Making new account dont solve anything, also would be uncomfortable as hell to live with.

Right now when comments are in different tab spam will not be as big deal as it was for you BishoBola I suppose. Most people vote with wueue and dont even bother to go to comments section. Those people that go there dont go to links because of fear to get scamed.

Apart from trying to reach Valve and presenting the problem to wider audience I suggest you to just ignore it. In the end its not a mistery that Valve choose sets not base on rating alone.
  • Bishobola
    Konras wrote: »
    @GhostDetector that is bad idea. Making new account dont solve anything, also would be uncomfortable as hell to live with.

Right now when comments are in different tab spam will not be as big deal as it was for you BishoBola I suppose. Most people vote with wueue and dont even bother to go to comments section. Those people that go there dont go to links because of fear to get scamed.

Apart from trying to reach Valve and presenting the problem to wider audience I suggest you to just ignore it. In the end its not a mistery that Valve choose sets not base on rating alone.
    yeah that's true, what I do now is leave a little comment on developers comments tab writting that the spam that the set can cause is not my fault, just some crazy guy out there.

And Like you said, I think the new comments system is backfiring him, so far I just recieve more views and votes.

Anyway I can say I have my own psycopath fan. :poly122::)
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    @Konras, It solves the spamming problem. The spammer won't know who Bishbola really is and can't really spam him anymore unless he takes being annoying to a whole new level.
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    He can tell it from his models most likely though. Bisho has a pretty distinctive style imo so you can tell when something is made from him.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    I don't think that applies to the average person. Many people don't really look close into things unless they're looking for something. While the person may try to find it, it'll take him a while to actually look through all the new workshop submissions to find something that looks like Bishbola's, Even if he does find him, Bishbola can just say that he's mistaken him for somebody else.
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    @GhostDetector would you scrap your account, following, everything you established just because of some silly kiddo?
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm not saying Bishbola should do this now, he should only do this as a last resort, if he can't take it anymore.

Personally, I wouldn't scrap my account unless it gets to the point where it goes on constantly. What I would do is what Bishbola has already done, tell him to stop, report him, and ignore him. If he keeps doing it (for the same/more items). I'll make it public (since the public should know that someone is spamming my items for such and such reason) and then ignore him.

The way I see it, if the person constantly spams everywhere and there are a lot of complaints of his spamming (because of my item) to the point of wherever I go I see it, I might scrap my account (I'll still use it for games though. (Also assuming Valve doesn't step in and solve the problem.)

Currently, the guy is essentially blackmailing Bishbola to release the set again or atleast get the source files. What I would do is not even to talk to him at this point and just say something publicly (like what bishbola did but maybe in someplace with more people like reddit).

You probably cannot stop him unless you get help from Valve and the Dota* community.

1.Which could be something like remove steamcommunity links from the comments section but leave it for the description/discussion).

Maybe you can even scare him O.o <--- not really recommended though since its kind of like fighting fire with fire.

Its not like you scrap your account completely, you still have it, but you just don't use that account to publish your workshop submissions anymore.

Also, Bishbola, you mentioned that he knows you're online every day, maybe you need to just go offline for a couple weeks until it blows over. If he see's that you aren't online for a long time, he may think that you're gone forever and just wait a while until you feel like he forgot.

You can still probably test item ingame using dota 2 test or a smurf account and just submit a whole bunch of items when you feel like enough time has passed on your main account.

I'm not really sure what else to do, so I'm just threw out some possible solutions.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    -Double Post- Sorry
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    When you are online sometimes you could just set your status to offline. People will see you as offline, but you could still interact with others and use Steam ninja style, I will report the user as well when I get home, maybe if enough of us report them Valve will take more notice to it
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Doesn't seem like he's hurting anyone. It's not like he's using scam links to take advantage of anyone. Whenever I see him post I usally just delete the comment, although at this point I don't even care anymore. I understand the sitation and don't hold Bisho accountable.
  • Ep1c
    Bishobola wrote: »
    Anyway I can say I have my own psycopath fan. :poly122::)

Wow. Some epic drama here made out of NOTHING.
    What this psyho did was:
    saying sorry for hurting you bishobola
    asking to reupload the od set to the workshop
    asking to share your od set to use it in private game cos he loves it? lol :)

What you did:
    doing nothing
    not responding to him - "i already blocked him" you say - yeah - really? this is a solution yes!
    creating a pointless topic and crying, but still doing nothing.

Ohh and - btw - posting a private message makes you look like an untrusty person.
    so i am not suprised by this psyho's actions.
  • ike_ike
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    i think we found the psycho
  • cottonwings
  • Shock
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    with fans like u bisho doesnt need real enemys anymore :)
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    Ep1c wrote: »
    Wow. Some epic drama here made out of NOTHING.
    What this psyho did was:
    saying sorry for hurting you bishobola
    asking to reupload the od set to the workshop
    asking to share your od set to use it in private game cos he loves it? lol :)

What you did:
    doing nothing
    not responding to him - "i already blocked him" you say - yeah - really? this is a solution yes!
    creating a pointless topic and crying, but still doing nothing.

Ohh and - btw - posting a private message makes you look like an untrusty person.
    so i am not suprised by this psyho's actions.

It may not seem a big deal to you, but:

1) blackmailing someone and then saying sorry...it's really not that simple.

2) reuploading the set...it's really up to him , not you.

3) asking to share the set?...ye right, we work our ass off to create new stuff and bring out our best designs, to then give them around to everyone who ask them through blackmailing. Yep, that's what we're here for......please.

Solution for you, considering that you're already in this community (more for lurking than any other constructive reason).
    Get in there to study some 3d art for games in the next 6 months to 1 year, and make your own AWESOME OD set...too hard?
  • AndrewHelenek
  • whatever
    giphy.gif
    motenai>spammers *grabs popcorn*
  • Bishobola
    motenai wrote: »
    It may not seem a big deal to you, but:

1) blackmailing someone and then saying sorry...it's really not that simple.

2) reuploading the set...it's really up to him , not you.

3) asking to share the set?...ye right, we work our ass off to create new stuff and bring out our best designs, to then give them around everyone who ask them through blackmailing. Yep, that's what we're here for......please.

Solution for you, considering that you're already in this community (more for lurking than any other constructive reason).
    Get in there to study some 3d art for games in the next 6 months to 1 year, and make your own AWESOME OD set...too hard?

well here is your answer crazy fan guy

another alt account
    =<(VoDkA)>=Floyd 30 de Ene a las 22:36 Borrar
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198156142783

Found another one of those people spamming your submissions around.
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Hmm, i've already blocked it. If i remember correctly he had 3 accounts
  • Quadscount
    I just saw this, he's still spamming it everywhere:
    U7stUjt.png
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    Of course he is, you think a thread on a fourm he reads, insulting him by calling him a psycho would solve the problem?
  • ShorkGamer
    Offline / Send Message
    ShorkGamer polycounter lvl 7
    xD He posted on smth from my workshop too, I dont remember on what but I think it was the dazzle set. But there is no arcana slardar set in the workshop so I thought its a S.C.A.M and never klicked on the link. LEL
    0b91hm.jpg
  • Bishobola
    yeah the guy i working 24/7 on overpromoting my set.
    What I'm doing is leaving dev comments and in report chat the link of this thread. do the same
  • Ep1c
    yeah the guy i working 24/7 on overpromoting my set.
    What I'm doing is leaving dev comments and in report chat the link of this thread. do the same

Strange "tactics" mr.bishobola. This guy kindly asked you to reupload the od set to the workshop or be so kind to tell when you will reupload the od set to the workshop or tell smt like "i will improve the od set and holding in till... ??? and then reupload to the workshop". Instead you are wasting you time - which can be spend on making great stuff for dota 2 btw. Indeed strange time we re living in.
  • quockhanhlk
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    Strange "tactics" mr.bishobola. This guy kindly asked you to reupload the od set to the workshop or be so kind to tell when you will reupload the od set to the workshop or tell smt like "i will improve the od set and holding in till... ??? and then reupload to the workshop". Instead you are wasting you time - which can be spend on making great stuff for dota 2 btw. Indeed strange time we re living in.

haha you're acting like a rich fat kid that just lost his toy xD
    well isnt it obvious? you 'kindly' asked, and Bisho said no, and he has every rights to do so, so please just deal with it ok ? ( and not in a terrorist, idiotic, childish way like this, please! )
  • Bishobola
    OD set is something from the past, never will upload it again since it is just a waste space of my steam cloud drive. And forget about send to you my set. Learn 3d and do it by yourself
    And it's not one of my favorite heroes so don't expect anything for him anytime soon

Grow up kid. And stop before you lose all your alt accounts due to reports
  • Ep1c
    it is just a waste space of my steam cloud drive.
    That sounds ermm... strange... creating a set, updating and making it better - new staff, armor new textures, new wallpaper, etc... and then telling smt like "it is just a waste space of my steam cloud drive"

Anyway, about "steam cloud drive" witch seems to be more important than a time you wasted making items.
    Would you be so kind to give the od set files to Patodrilo, Andumy, Bisho Palo (the guy you teamed working on Houwang the monkey prince - courier) or trancos (the guy you teamed working on Spoils of the Half-Blood Hound - PL set) so they could upload it to the workshop - credited you as an author like you did with many other sets.
  • Markovnikov
    Offline / Send Message
    Markovnikov polycounter lvl 6
    @Ep1c: Dude, he said no. Respect his wishes and move on.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    That sounds ermm... strange... creating a set, updating and making it better - new staff, armor new textures, new wallpaper, etc... and then telling smt like "it is just a waste space of my steam cloud drive"

Anyway, about "steam cloud drive" witch seems to be more important than a time you wasted making items.
    Would you be so kind to give the od set files to Patodrilo, Andumy, Bisho Palo (the guy you teamed working on Houwang the monkey prince - courier) or trancos (the guy you teamed working on Spoils of the Half-Blood Hound - PL set) so they could upload it to the workshop - credited you as an author like you did with many other sets.

EVEN if he does that, it may not even get in. Bishbola, WON'T make another OD set just because some stranger wants one, especially somebody that basically ruined the first set with constant spammming.. If you want the OD set but can't make it yourself, pay/get somebody to copy it, or pay Bishbola for those files and mod it yourself.
  • Bishobola
    EVEN if he does that, it may not even get in. Bishbola, WON'T make another OD set just because some stranger wants one, especially somebody that basically ruined the first set with constant spammming.. If you want the OD set but can't make it yourself, pay/get somebody to copy it, or pay Bishbola for those files and mod it yourself.
    Too bad I don't have the files anymore, I didn't made the 3d model and removed the 3d stuff ,the textures and concepts from my HD

even the collection is gone, Patodrilo has the rights and the models of the OD set right now, no longer my problem, I had enough of this OD bullshit.

congrats you alone made me to not pick him in a game ever. and better not express my thoughts in public about make a set for OD right now, people would be offended haha.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Bisho

is this still going?

how do you know those polycount account are his? because of pms?