Home General Discussion

Leauge Of Legends.

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
seforin polycounter lvl 17
Just curious anyone here play this game? Ive been playing the last 6 months...for a free to play game it's quite awesome....suckered me into buying a few items time and again for the legendary skins....

Anyone else here play? :D *Rocket punch !*

to those who have never played or heard before go check it out here! Fun based co-op game! with a crazy amount of replay value!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

===========================
POLY-LEAUGE
==========================

seforin- 28
Skallywag -30
Shawner - 30
destroyer king - 30
funkt -30
Kabby- 30
vcortis-30
Vice89 -22
ABalls -22
Brandoom
cdbXart
Leater
crazyfingers
AcrobaticRobot-
Purplepaint
NaiteW -
Japhir -
Snazypantz68-
Killarai-

Replies

• Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shogun3d polycounter lvl 12
    Other than it's absolutely insane terrible community, I love the game as well.

Add me if you want to play, I frequently play Lux/Panth/Kat. My username is "Kabby"
  • cdb-art
    Offline / Send Message
    cdb-art polycounter lvl 10
    I LOVE this game lol, found it a couple of months ago as well, can be addicting as hell! Plus the fact that they are always adding new skins/champions keeps the game fresh and appealing.

If anyone ever wants to team up my user name is "cdbXart" , I usually play a few games a week :D
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    wouldnt mind getting a nice polycount group in on this game

user name = seforin
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    content (champions) cycle every month, after atleast 4 matches you earn enough in game points to buy a character...you usually play 1-2 times every few days and you can earn the champions in no real time..only the uber ones are a bit rough and those roughly take a week or so to earn..Still a fun game :D

20 bucks at best buy unlocks like 1/2 the champions
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    crazyfingers polycounter lvl 10
    Funny you should ask, just made level 15 so i could apply to this place as a game designer!

But i'm addicted as hell and was just patching up to play when i saw this thread.

Name's crazyfingers of course ;)

Depending on the hero i'm playing and how many beers i've had, i range from pretty damned decent to being accused of smurfing, letting my 5 year old sister play.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    seforin wrote: »
    Just curious anyone here play this game? Ive been playing the last 6 months...for a free to play game it's quite awesome....suckered me into buying a few items time and again for the legendary skins....

Anyone else here play? :D *Rocket punch !*

to those who have never played or heard before go check it out here! Fun based co-op game! with a crazy amount of replay value!

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/

O....My...God only 6 months? o.o

I've been playing it for about a right after when it started in their closed beta state when there was no lore to explain the heros back ground.

you can add me up if you want. NaiteW level 25
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    You've been playing it that long and youre only level 25? :E

level 30 euro; funkt

just started venturing into ranked games and i could rant for ages about how they should really implement some of the features the community have been asking for for so long. Oh well.
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Shiet, level 30 380 wins and 27 rage quits. Score!
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    Jackwhat wrote: »
    You've been playing it that long and youre only level 25? :E

level 30 euro; funkt

just started venturing into ranked games and i could rant for ages about how they should really implement some of the features the community have been asking for for so long. Oh well.

Ya well, playing video game / sticking to one video game is not the only thing I do around my world :3.

Regardless of the awesomeness of the game there is one problem and only one that ticks me off the most and this problem wont be fixed forever probably. Its people leaving the game doesnt matter if its ranked or unranked.

I kinda stopped playing it after first six months because the dev team couldnt fix the collision of the nexus back then. Which gave ppl the advantage to stand in front of the nexus blocking all the mob summoning points and leaving their base with a huge mob after 5 mins. Later on when that was fixed, there were occasional bots found that were used to farm IP.

Now everything is fixed and I do love playing LOL but this one problem still pisses me off!! >.<
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    most of the artists here [except Justin!] play this every day.

my sketchbook has lulzy custom skins in it, really the only personal art i've time to do anymore
  • dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    dfacto polycounter lvl 18
    I'm a HoN man, and will stay so. My forays into LoL haven't impressed me too much. It's more or less the same asshole community, except on a game with worse balance and players.

If you can spring for the $30 and deal with flaming, you should check out HoN .
  • marks
    Offline / Send Message
    marks greentooth
    I'm totally with dfacto, I played HoN for 6-12 months or something now and its a great game. I tried LoL and its just unbalanced, there's little readability in the ability effects, the shop menu is disastrously designed and the community is full of the same douchebags just with lower mental capacity.
    I appreciate that its supposed to be more casual, and that it isn't supposed to be an updated DotA but .... Guinsoo and Pendragon dropped the ball. Big time.
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    So what youre saying is, you have to PAY for what is still... at best, mediocre? :E

Way I see it is that what small differences that there are only really effect those that invest a lot of time or want to play it to a higher level, but for those that play it whimsically its not of great concern, and when it means parting with cash... no thanks haha.

Hell, doesn't LoL have a growing esport scene too? Hopefully they will start taking onboard some of the better aspects of other dota games and rts games in general (replays, shift pathing) to make it get even better.

Oh and nitewalkr, dont say that in your defence with that kind of postcount :P
  • brandoom
    Offline / Send Message
    brandoom polycounter lvl 13
    I've been playing this game for since it was in beta. Still enjoy it.

Brandoom is my user name, feel free to add me. I usually play a couple games a night with a couple local friends.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    Who likes to play who? My main's are Gargas,(ap Build) Cho gath (gentleman skin, tank build) , Blitz crank (Either Crazy AP or Crazy AD build). And my newest addition is udyr!

A good chunk of my office mates play this game every night...I havent played the last few days..newest update on my home pc dosent want to update.
  • vcortis
    Offline / Send Message
    vcortis polycounter lvl 9
    Been playing this for the past few months as well. I'm full blown addicted since a few of my co-workers turned me onto it, one of our sound guys wrote all the music for it too.

My login is vcortis. Feel free to add me, I usually play a game or two a night after work... like I said addicted.

For a free game it's awesome, and I actually like it better than DoTA because of the customization options, it opens up a lot more strategies and ways to play specific heroes.
  • acarr
    Offline / Send Message
    acarr polycounter lvl 6
    Hboybowen wrote: »
    I been playing since right after beta. MY NAME IS THE IMFAMOUS

DESTROYER KING
    I'm pretty sure I've played with you before. Are you level 30?

My name on that game is CowMuffins, by the way.
  • dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    So what youre saying is, you have to PAY for what is still... at best, mediocre? :E

No, you pay for something which is at best ... AWESOME.

But you'll have to play with flaming russian kids and asshole noobs. Admittedly some people can't get over this type of caustic community (because they're dainty little girls).

For a free game LoL is very very good, but coming from Dota it seemed far too casually oriented for me, which flies in the face of the whole genre. To play a game like LoL/dota/hon/etc anywhere near decently you need to memorize all items, their effects, all heroes and their powers, the map and all of it's aspects, and develop a pretty exact sense of timing. This isn't casual at all, and so you might as well go the HoN route over the LoL route.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    I wish there was a way to set up servers kinda like how polycount did for team fortress. I would say a "industry" server would be great, have LOL studio vs studio :p

Liquid Vs 38 studios :p
  • Justin Meisse
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    does an online game exist that doesn't have a douchey community around it? I haven't found one yet.
  • dfacto
    Offline / Send Message
    does an online game exist that doesn't have a douchey community around it? I haven't found one yet.

Trust me, the douchiness in HoN is off the charts compared to your run of the mill shooters and rpgs. Combine it with the sometimes unforgiving difficulty and it's a recipe for extreme rage.
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15

TRqkI.jpg

I notice that the HoN developer is in the next town over from me. I may have to shoot them an email; it would appear they're hiring. Hmmmmmmmm.
  • Wells
    Offline / Send Message
    Wells polycounter lvl 18
    I wish there was a way to set up servers kinda like how polycount did for team fortress. I would say a "industry" server would be great, have LOL studio vs studio :p

Liquid Vs 38 studios :p

http://devgamingleague.com/

It is currently in Beta.

But we've already had some great matches against other studios. 38, Zenimax, Seven45. me@dentme.com to SIGN YO STUDIO UP
  • System
    Offline / Send Message
    System admin
    But how many people care enough to play it decently is more what i was getting at, youre preaching to the choire really by telling me whats needed to get good at a game because i will all too often put in the hours and end up reading guides/strats etc. My point is that on the surface theyre the same, some people may be swayed by the better graphics, but the people who know and care about the features youre on about are most likely already aware of it as theyre that way inclined.

Not that i care enough about either game at the end of the day, i dont really like any game like dota/lol/wow at highlevel (although i only played wow to battlegroup top10, dota stuff seems interesting from a team aspect).

Just outta curiosity, when'd you last play LoL? Have you tried it since they started season 1
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    I think one of the main limiting factors, and one these studios have had to combat is the sever competitive angle the gameplay often forces on their player base. League of legends is built from the ground up to be a bit more casual friendly than the others. Yeah it sorta sucks you're limited to several characters a month, but at the same time it's a nice incentive to really learn that core set while learning to defend against them, it actually helps acclimate you to the hardcore gameplay by limiting the choices of most players, you'll actually know wtf is going on the first month you play after a week or so, rather than having 60 characters dumped on you at once with many abilities.

I've intentionally skipped guides and strategies so i can BETTER enjoy the game. I find an RPG more enjoyable when i don't know the min/max strategy of every character. I am most definitely a min/ maxxer, but for me the joy comes from figuring this stuff out myself and catering it to my (most likely unoptimized) play-style.

It's often overlooked, but you're matched with players of your own skill level, so playing well doesn't really have any bearing on your win/loss ratio.

I'm pretty happy with the matches i get set into. Sometimes i'm playing with a more hardcore crowd, sometimes more casual, i'm right in an area where i can learn more advanced tactics if i choose, or just goof off and pwn nubs.
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message

Way I see it is that what small differences that there are only really effect those that invest a lot of time or want to play it to a higher level, but for those that play it whimsically its not of great concern, and when it means parting with cash... no thanks haha.

Hell, doesn't LoL have a growing esport scene too? Hopefully they will start taking onboard some of the better aspects of other dota games and rts games in general (replays, shift pathing) to make it get even better.

Oh and nitewalkr, dont say that in your defence with that kind of postcount :P
    lol, I didnt realize you guys still look at ppl's postcount! But sure.
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    Purplepaint polycounter lvl 8
    I've been playing this for about a year or so, i did take a few month break from it thou. Another colleague and polycounter plays with me aswell :).

Purplepaint = ID add me up and shoot me a message when im on :)

I usually play as Kayle or Warwick, but i have a grasp for pretty much any of the characters :P
  • Oniram
    Offline / Send Message
    Oniram polycounter lvl 15
    i just cant escape! lol. first with minecraft now with LoL. nothing against the games.. its just that at my school, game-artists have a private lab, which has basically now been turned into the gaming lab.. for league of legends and minecraft. there is about 5 people total who work, and the other 15 or so are always yelling n screaming that they are getting ganked and they need to use their ult. lol.

truth be told ive learned a lot about the game just by listening to these people, but i havent gotten into it just because of my fear of losing my life to a game just like the rest of those folks have (though there wasnt much of a difference before that im sure).

who know's maybe one day....after i finished my production game....after i finish my demo reel...after i get a "steady" job.......then ill try it. :D
  • Arkadius
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    It can be pretty fun, but community lacks in manners. I also wasn't too thrilled that runes were being nerfed and well as starting health and mana regeneration.

I've added everyone who posted. My name is Leater.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    well, Im up for a game tonight or tomorrow night if anyone is interested! :D
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    I'm on the EU server as Japhir :). Add me if you want to.

Been playing ever since posting in this thread a long time ago :P. It's fun, but I still suck :P.

EDIT: oh wait, this is actually a new LoL thread. I played since posting in the other one.
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    I gotta take a big part of the blame for that, played a hero i totally sucked with game two. But game 1 we was robbed i tells ya! Lookin' forward to seeing you guys online in the future.
  • jouste
    Offline / Send Message
    jouste polycounter lvl 14
    i've been playing since beta-ish and actually have a pretty monstrous fan art thread with champ suggestion sketches and a web-comic over on their forums.

right here

the games fun but only cause it's extra awesome to win but extra crappy to lose. but sometimes the mechanics just all fall into a perfect line and it's just sublime.
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm still confused as to why jouste doesnt have a job(as far as i know anyway), i myself love his art, ever since the original polycount collab :P

I'm on currently if u wanna get a round in before i bake some textures

Edit: im going through your LoL post right now, you should do a nice unmasked kayle fanart jouste ;)
  • crazyfingers
    Offline / Send Message
    Jouste with all the random competition threads and all this awesome concept art, i think you should hold a competition for some 3d hero art for LOL. Get something going on maybe turn some heads, just an idea! I'd certainly think of entering. There certainly seems to be a lot of passion here for LOL!
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    I wouldnt mind a next gen take on some LOL characters in that brutal legend style.
  • Arkadius
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius polycounter lvl 13
    Jouste with all the random competition threads and all this awesome concept art, i think you should hold a competition for some 3d hero art for LOL. Get something going on maybe turn some heads, just an idea! I'd certainly think of entering. There certainly seems to be a lot of passion here for LOL!

Hehe I was thinking the same thing. Jouste concepts are awesome, and a current gen rendition based off of Jouste's Rammus concept would be great. Then I remembered I already working on a one of Jouste's concepts.. and I'm slacking off...

Other than that me and Purplepaint just kicked some butt! Kayle for the win!
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    Arkadius wrote: »
    Hehe I was thinking the same thing. Jouste concepts are awesome, and a current gen rendition based off of Jouste's Rammus concept would be great. Then I remembered I already working on a one of Jouste's concepts.. and I'm slacking off...

Other than that me and Purplepaint just kicked some butt! Kayle for the win!

I started off pretty rocky :P then i got some good healing off in the end, good job all around by the team :), Also u did some good ol sniping with ashe :D
  • Wells
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    Sectaurs wrote: »

YO....uh hook me up here...I wanted to get some new legendary skins! D:
  • Kawe
    Offline / Send Message
    Kawe polycounter lvl 8
    I usually hang out in the reddit chat channel to get together a premade. Not everyone's amazing but everyone's pretty cool to play with. If you guys are looking to get groups with cool people.

My nick is AcrobaticRobot
  • Japhir
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir polycounter lvl 16
    you guys are all on the US server right? :(
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message
    Japhir wrote: »
    you guys are all on the US server right? :(

Well i know a few of us are (the ones i've played with) i cant speak for all thou.

Also again if u feel like playing and im online throw me a invite

again my username is: Purplepaint
  • DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    NaiteW

NA server...I think

Add me up if you want.

Play ranked 5v5 3v3 with me upon your own risk. I attempt to gank at level 1(in other words, feed alot) and love tower diving. :3
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    I know who im not playing with! D:
  • Neavah
    my bf tried to get me into lol a few months ago. now i'm absolutely addicted. server down time creates a hole inside :( teehee.

usually play lux, amumu, or ez* (*learning how to play a carry, pretty bad still)

my user name is ABalls level 22.
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    Gonna Edit page 1 with names + levels a bit later today so everyone can quick add each other
  • Shogun3d
    Offline / Send Message
    Gonna Edit page 1 with names + levels a bit later today so everyone can quick add each other

good idea
  • seforin
    Offline / Send Message
    PAGE 1 UPDATE YO!
  • Purplepaint
    Offline / Send Message