Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    OMFG!!!!
    That's fenomenal kraken! well done!
  • Pastat7
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Kraken WOW. Let me bow before this set. Phenomenal work!! I would gladly see the sculpt. If you have some zbrush screnies please share ^___^.
  • vikk0
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Vayne, Kraken, wonderful work!!!!
  • Kraken
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    Thanks guys)
    @Konras Sure! There was nothing fancy in the sculpt. But light map turned out great, and i like how head piece looks like.
    bEr1sxW.png
    OawyGLN.png

Also I've got a lot of haters in workshop)
  • Paskie
    Awesome set Kraken!
  • Paskie
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Kraken Thank you for sharing :) Don't know why so late but I just saw you added there green version of Shivia's Guard :) Very nice design choice!
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Paskie wrote: »
    Pdkg1S4.png

Valve put that it in so people would spend even more money for more hidden stuff! But that kind of made sense because the prize pool jumps from 6 million to 6.8 million then to 7.2 million then to 7.6 million. Each goal being every 4 million.
  • GreenShade
    Personally I'm more interested about this goal:
    compendiumgoals.png
    Literally a few weeks ago I was thinking that the megacreeps are simply oversized creeps and this is - at least in my opinion - the most lazy way to do it.
    So I made a really quick sketch about some Radiant-style golems:
    radiant%20megacreeps.png
    I hope I will have some time during the summer to model these guys - though I'm almost sure that Valve is not looking for things like these, at least not yet.
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    Vovosunt polycounter lvl 4
    Hey Guys!
    I'm lost once again :P
    Does anyone know what the Detail mask does on QoP?
    And you don't need to make QoP's wings two-sided, right?
    Sorry for being and askhole again, but I hope someone can help me :)
  • Baddcog
    Offline / Send Message
    Baddcog polycounter lvl 9
    Not sure what the mask does. She probably has some kind of glow.

You DO need to make the wings two sided if you wont both sides to show in game.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Baddcog wrote: »
    You DO need to make the wings two sided if you wont both sides to show in game.

Not necessarily, check her default wings' .VMT file and see if it has $nocull set to "1". If it doesn, the material is double sided.
  • ChiZ
    After three days of not being able to submit anything due to some kind of error, I was finally able to tonight!

The Dreadhawk Set for Vengeful Spirit.

aKjd0SL.jpg

VbISAz8.jpg

My in-game screenshots always look really terrible. I've seen some amazing in-game shots that look like they have proper anti-aliasing (maybe downscaling?). Does anyone know how to get those?
    aKjd0SL
  • [NB] Mohsen
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    They look fine don't worry. But change the loading screen, no offence but im laughing at it a bit. Sorry if I discouraged you or anything :/
  • PoPcorn
    It's a really nice loading screen. But I think you should flip her the right way up. It took me a while to figure out what I was looking at.
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    @Badcogg, @Spudnik: thanks for the answers guys! :)
    I've decompiled the mdl instead and imported it. And yes it was two sided.
    (I've also checked the vmt and it had nocull set to 1 as well)

Sometimes I really wish Valve cared a bit more about the content creators.
    I mean why would they not include the double sided wings in the supplied resource files?

@Chiz: looking great, but I have to agree with Mohsen, the loading screen looks quite comical at that angle.
  • vikk0
    Offline / Send Message
    vikk0 polycounter lvl 6
    Amazing work Chiz! About the loading screen, I believe if you paint some movement lines, like air, or any kind of effect, will help it to not look like that she is in a place with 0 gravity. But wonderful work in general!!

And wooooot Singles are back? This is pure happiness :D

To celebrate, I couldn't resist to do this for Tusk! I'll adjust saturation/colors after I get the UV's and the low poly.

Still very wip, let me know what you think about this so far :p

8YB1g.png
    8YBMR.png
  • ChiZ
    Thanks for the feedback on the loading screen, guys.

@PoPcorn: I've seen her flipped before and it looks really awkward because it was never shot to appear that way to begin with. If I was to flip her, I'd have to render her that way and readjust the pose to look natural. I'd really like to keep this angle, as that was my original concept and one I've grown kind of attached to, but maybe make it look more natural? I don't know if that will help it read better, but I'm hoping.

@vikk0: Thanks for the advice, it's actually very helpful. I'll look into what I can do to emphasize the movement more. It's my first time really attempting a more exaggerated action pose, but I really wanted something more dynamic than I've attempted before.

Your Tusk helmet has got some really cool organic shapes, and I'm looking forward to seeing how you end up doing those ice horns, as I've become very interested in the Dota 2 shader masks and how they work for different surfaces.
  • mihalceanu
    Offline / Send Message
    mihalceanu polycounter lvl 6
    They accepted a zephyr courier that I made ,but they made some modifications .

Is it me or they went overboard with the saturate slider?

royal_griffin_cub_large.dc45af2a44a89bbb163cabe44e6b36b46ead6761.png
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    vikk0 wrote: »
    Amazing work Chiz! About the loading screen, I believe if you paint some movement lines, like air, or any kind of effect, will help it to not look like that she is in a place with 0 gravity. But wonderful work in general!!

And wooooot Singles are back? This is pure happiness :D

To celebrate, I couldn't resist to do this for Tusk! I'll adjust saturation/colors after I get the UV's and the low poly.

Still very wip, let me know what you think about this so far :p

8YB1g.png

For some reason I keep thinking of Loki when I look at the helmet.

mihalceanu wrote: »
    They accepted a zephyr courier that I made ,but they made some modifications .

Is it me or they went overboard with the saturate slider?

royal_griffin_cub_large.dc45af2a44a89bbb163cabe44e6b36b46ead6761.png

Congrats, just saw you got it in..

I think your slightly right, especially the purple, but it's hard to tell like this.
    Maybe ingame it looks great, because now the background is simple gray tone.
  • Nemozini
    I reworked my submission and checked out blender's hair rendering using cycles.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=262604023
    76C8413ED8948FD222EE823DBD1B078393F61D7A
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Here's a sneak peek at the DP set I've been working on with Artypi, Heboltz, and The Horse Strangler.

raven_vesture_turntable_hq.gif
  • Sathanus
    Finished the Omoz Set, hope you guys like it !

1.jpg
  • Sathanus
    Finished the Omoz set, hope you guys like it !

1.jpg
  • heboltz3
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    Here's a sneak peek at the DP set I've been working on with Artypi, Heboltz, and The Horse Strangler.

Hype.
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5

HYPE!
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7

JZDFQ5F.gif
  • BladeofEvilsBane

sb.gif?w=580
  • kendmd
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5

raven_vesture_turntable_hq.gif

Ooh shi, that looks great!
  • Boonta
    Offline / Send Message
    Boonta polycounter lvl 13
    suuuper nice DP
  • cottonwings

6IjYKvr.gif
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3360480/Dota2/raven_vesture_turntable_hq.gif

Really love the skirt! :D I think the feathers on the shoulder piece are a little out of place at the moment and break her feminine neckline a lot. The shawl feels a little granny like especially because of her enlarged hands, the lines don't do anything to help contour the shoulders into them. Lines on the skirt are all perfect.

Perhaps remove the feathers from on top and add them either as a trim to her neck and caressing her jawline (this will make her neck seem elongated, flowing the visual direction in a similar way to her dress.
    Or you can add them to the end of the shawl, particularly where they meet the arms, lifting them off, making a nice opposite contour line off her upper arm.
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Really love the skirt! :D I think the feathers on the shoulder piece are a little out of place at the moment and break her feminine neckline a lot. The shawl feels a little granny like especially because of her enlarged hands, the lines don't do anything to help contour the shoulders into them. Lines on the skirt are all perfect.

Perhaps remove the feathers from on top and add them either as a trim to her neck and caressing her jawline (this will make her neck seem elongated, flowing the visual direction in a similar way to her dress.
    Or you can add them to the end of the shawl, particularly where they meet the arms, lifting them off, making a nice opposite contour line off her upper arm.

Thanks for the crits Anuxi! We might mess around with a style for the shoulders more in line with what you suggested.
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    I've yet again productively wasted my time and made a little PS script that compiles and saves color, normal, mask1 and mask2 targas from the current PS document. The layers/folders have to be named appropriately and be on top of the hierarchy (click on the Show Proper Names button in the script dialog for more info). Resize the document to the size you want beforehand.
    To install download the file linked below and save it in your Photoshop presets/scripts directory (something like Program Files/Adobe Photoshop CS5/Presets/Scripts). Asign a hotkey or record an action to make it swifter.

Download here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3ie3Ew-CdkeWWJtdnVUYnpKX28/edit?usp=sharing

I know similar things have been made but it's just my personalized one.
    Use if you wish :)

@Zipfinator: WOAH! Nice. I like Anuxi's suggestion thought. Try moving the shoulder feathers to her wrists.
  • CataFa
    Offline / Send Message
    CataFa polycounter lvl 11
    Hi,

it's been a while since my last update(life getting in the way :)), but I'm finally getting close to completing my invoker set.

Here is a preview with the textured version of Invoker and a very early stage of the forge spirit texture.

invoker_set_01_textured.jpg

invoker_set_01_spirit.jpg

I'm actually having some issues with importing the spirits correctly in game and perhaps here someone can help.
    Issue 1: the importer requires to add animations, can I just use the one extracted from the game? and if so there are still two animations missing. flailing and disabled/stunned, but I couldn't find those in the game files.

Issue 2: the imported spirit looks like it has a red color overlay on top of everything, any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide.
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    The Invoker set is great, CataFa! I especially love how much it deviates from the brightness of Invoker's normal gear but it's still well within the right color scheme.
  • CataFa
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the comment Darkkyo, I'm glad you like it.

I forgot to add a screenshot of the importing issue with the spirits, here it is:

invoker_set_01_spirit_issue.jpg
  • darkkyo
    Offline / Send Message
    darkkyo polycounter lvl 6
    CataFa wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment Darkkyo, I'm glad you like it.

I forgot to add a screenshot of the importing issue with the spirits, here it is:

Of course, that shoulder/chest/back of cape design is absolutely ace(I forgot to say).
  • Vovosunt
    Offline / Send Message
    @CataFa: holy shit, that looks absolutely AMAZING! O.O

Tried to pose QoP and make a turntable. Kind of successful.

uc?export=download&id=0B3ie3Ew-CdkealdEbEtMUkFCR2M
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Yeeeeeeaaaaaah, that pose it not doing you any favors.
  • Artypi
    Offline / Send Message
    Artypi polycounter lvl 5
    Vovosunt wrote: »
    Tried to pose QoP and make a turntable. Kind of successful.

Firstly i absolutely love the design of the wings! the gold detailing is gorgeous. However, I think it would be better to have her posed more confidently and aggressive! QoP is a dominant personality, the way you have her posed is very meek with the turned in foot and slightly slouched posture. An assertive, slightly playful pose would be beautiful and would show off your set very well.

Her hair also kind of throws me off - the design of the horns and wings are wonderful but her hair seems limp and dull. If you'd like to consider another style (styles are all the rage!), try something with volume and weight to it. Big hair big winner!
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Making time to work on this mirana set. I really want to get it done this week!
    highpoly.jpg
    CataFa wrote: »
    Hi,

it's been a while since my last update(life getting in the way :)), but I'm finally getting close to completing my invoker set.

Here is a preview with the textured version of Invoker and a very early stage of the forge spirit texture.

http://www.fabioilacqua.com/work/dota2/invoker_set01/invoker_set_01_textured.jpg

http://www.fabioilacqua.com/work/dota2/invoker_set01/invoker_set_01_spirit.jpg

I'm actually having some issues with importing the spirits correctly in game and perhaps here someone can help.
    Issue 1: the importer requires to add animations, can I just use the one extracted from the game? and if so there are still two animations missing. flailing and disabled/stunned, but I couldn't find those in the game files.

Issue 2: the imported spirit looks like it has a red color overlay on top of everything, any idea how to fix it?

Thanks a lot in advance for any help you can provide.

I am a huge fan of this. Its really really nice! Good lines, awesome textures! Well done!
    I hope you dont have any backface culling issues and my only gripe is some areas feel really thin. I'm guessing this is a poly budget issue. :)
  • bladeshot
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot polycounter lvl 5
    How do you guys make fur looks so good? Every time I try to make fur I end with something that looks like leaves. I know that claytubes is the answer but I just can't handle them well.
    Is there any good tutorials?
  • Darren Pinard
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    Hey!
    Made a ward summon for venomancer complete with cutom particle effects by Abyss.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=263765162
    ppnp.jpg
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    bladeshot wrote: »
    How do you guys make fur looks so good? Every time I try to make fur I end with something that looks like leaves. I know that claytubes is the answer but I just can't handle them well.
    Is there any good tutorials?

Just a shit ton of practice and reference. I think it took me 1 month of non stop fur sculpting to figure it out. Making sure its not over detailed, or too consistently sized. I build it up and flatten it out, making sure the detail is contained mostly to the end of the fur.
    Also have good sense of form is key. knowing how the fur clumps differently in different areas of the body and the directions it takes. If you cant make the fur look have a fur like weight and form to it at lower subdivs, extra detail won't sell it as fur.

IF you go to my http://www.twitch.tv/anuxinamoon/b/531791553 vods you will see me doing fur detail but remember I already spent time blocking out the basic forms too at lower subdivs.
  • CataFa
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Anuxi.
    So far I didn't see any issue in game but you're right because of the budget I had to compromise in a few areas.

Sweet mount, the sculpt came out great
  • pior
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Damn, that's one nice big cat ! That must have taken some time. Best of luck for your deadline !
    Loving how that Veno summon is closing its teeth when animated. Cute and freaky at the same time :)
  • Nemozini
    Nice Venom ward. One suggestion, I prefer market image with a black background. I don't like the sky blue background. The spell icon looks great too.
  • Darren Pinard
    Offline / Send Message
    Darren Pinard polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for the comments guys, was going for the wink at day of the tentacle with the market image color... Maybe I whiffed it haha