Home Dota 2

First concept - Need feedback and tips

Hey guys, glad I can post now...

I've been working on this concept and it's the first I ever made, looking the threads you guys did, inspired me. So I'm here looking for feedback and some tips.

I don't know if this thing I made fit into the game art, but I can improve by "listening" from those who know about this...

Let me know what you think of what I have at the moment. I'm still thinking about the cape design, some more details, bow and "arrow holder" (I don't know how it's called XD).

lq8o.jpg

I'm not into 3D art (I hope I'll be someday... But for now, I will work on concepts).

See you soon! :)
reemplazovp.pngreemplazovp.pngdexter18.pngreemplazovp.png

Replies

• kremrhi
    The concept is cool, but I think the shoulder pad doesn't seem to be able to give a good mobility of the arms. The all in one piece make it really stiff.
    I like the yellow part under the shoulder part, but I think Windrunner doesn't have alpha on her material, and this kind of shreded fabric will be hard to do without it.

The arrow holder is a quiver.
  • I'm Kazeshini
    kremrhi wrote: »
    The concept is cool, but I think the shoulder pad doesn't seem to be able to give a good mobility of the arms. The all in one piece make it really stiff.
    I like the yellow part under the shoulder part, but I think Windrunner doesn't have alpha on her material, and this kind of shreded fabric will be hard to do without it.

The arrow holder is a quiver.

Thanks for the feedback and tips, I'm going to work on that... :)
    dexter18.pngreemplazovp.png
  • I'm Kazeshini
    Worked on what kremrhi told me...

iggi.jpg
    dexter18.pngreemplazovp.png
  • cottonwings
    The shoulder piece is much better now! Gives a comfortable touch to her. Try to add big patterns on her hood and cape (yellow ones are a good start), I'm sure it'll help to make her design outstanding. :D
  • Fancy Rita
    I think that her neck is too wide to open it like this
  • MagnoHusein
    Welp, it's a good start! I guess you could work more in the shapes of the things, make then more prominent. Silhoette drawing is ideal for this.

As for the details I think it's good to make variants and assymetrical stuff to break the monotony.
  • MagnoHusein
    Welp, it's a good start! I guess you could work more in the shapes of the things, make then more prominent. Silhoette drawing is ideal for this.

As for the details I think it's good to make variants and assymetrical stuff to break the monotony.
  • I'm Kazeshini
    I've been lazy lately with the drawings and I'm not pretty sure what I did here, but you can tell it's something... XD

Being a concept artist it's harder than I thought it would be

bgrr.jpg

Came up with that cape design searching for "Japanese Design" on Google Images

Cause' the concept it's inspired on a Ninja, and Ninjas are from Japan... Just sayin'

See you soon Polycounters!
  • intercooling
    Hi everyone!Can anybody help?
    My problem is as follows: I downloaded the model dota2.com.
    I made a set, but the brush (and arm) is big, when I load it for worcshop (all clothes were more, but I drove them to the desired size (the size of the model, which in the workshop). What can I do with a brush? how to make the right size?