Home Technical Talk

ZBRUSH - Framed plane does not go to edges of canvas

easterislandnick
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
easterislandnick polycounter lvl 17
HI, I'm trying out this method of tiled texture in zbrush as it's non destructive -

http://wiki.polycount.com/w/images/2/2b/GeorgeSokol_zbrushtilingoffsetsubtools_tut_fullres.jpg

The problem I have is that when I frame the plane with the F key the plane does not fully fill the canvas which means my texture does not tile. Any ideas as apart from that it's a lovely workflow.

Replies

• Bartalon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bartalon polycounter lvl 12
    It could be a number of things, hard to say without a screen shot:

1. Your plane has height around the borders and you have perspective on
    2. Your plane does not perfectly occupy a square (your sculpting caused the border to move)
    3. Your viewport is not zoomed out enough to fully contain your entire document dimensions
    4. Some other crazy thing maybe
  • MisterSande
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MisterSande polycounter lvl 8
    Bartalon wrote: »
    It could be a number of things, hard to say without a screen shot:

1. Your plane has height around the borders and you have perspective on
    2. Your plane does not perfectly occupy a square (your sculpting caused the border to move)
    3. Your viewport is not zoomed out enough to fully contain your entire document dimensions
    4. Some other crazy thing maybe

I think this is most likely the case. Try using the " Zoom Document "button, zoom out until your whole canvas is visible, then press F for frame. Also, be sure to "shift snap" your plane to an axis.

I had some trouble with this tiling workflow as well but I finally figured out a good method which I might make a quick tutorial about if I have the time.
  • easterislandnick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    easterislandnick polycounter lvl 17
    My whole canvas wasn't visible! I couldn't quite fit 1024 on screen vertically with my docked brushes etc! Silly thing is that my other monitor is 2560x1600 and fit's it easily! Thanks guys! Love polycount!