Home General Discussion

Batman shooting........so stupid

Replies

• Ninjas
    Offline / Send Message
    Ninjas polycounter lvl 18
    Ninjas dude I get the impression you're an intelligent dude, but you're looking uncultured and uneducated as hell right here. Surely you understand that america 'saved' Europe due to a ridiculous unbalance of industrial power, and a lot of genius from our ALLIES' intelligence agencies?

Yeah, just a bit of trolling. I find it annoying when people resort to name calling.
  • Jesse Moody
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Pretty much, yeah. Cheering on the death of another human being from your computer screen, you should be pretty ashamed of yourself.

You really think it's cute to talk about ending another human being's life? Would the big bad Jesse Moody champion of poor downtrodden murder victims like to kill the murderer himfself, so it's even? That's appalling, dude.

It's not too much for me to ask you to quit wishing death on other human beings.

You know what. I can say this without remorse and it is the most honest answer you will get. If my wife or kids had been hurt or killed in that theater I would without hesitation be willing to end this mans life in anyway the government saw fit.

I would say this without sitting here at my computer as I am not ashamed of it. I don't hid behind a computer and say this. I would say the exact same things in person. It has nothing to do with being the big bad Jesse Moody. You seriously just sound like a huge douchebag.

What is your suggestion then? Give him hugs and kisses, some back rubs, let him paint some new pictures, read some books? Cause I am curious as to what you think should be done.
  • Orgoth02
    Offline / Send Message
    Orgoth02 polycounter lvl 9
    most of which happen at... gun point?

you want guns as self defence... against other guns?

circular logic.

This is exactly why I want a gun. The criminals are not going to ever give up their guns so I am not going to bring a knife to a gun fight. Force must be met with equal force.
  • Mark Dygert
    Pretty much, yeah. Cheering on the death of another human being from your computer screen, you should be pretty ashamed of yourself.

You really think it's cute to talk about ending another human being's life? Would the big bad Jesse Moody champion of poor downtrodden murder victims like to kill the murderer himfself, so it's even? You said you wanted him shot to death when he surrendered, unarmed. That's appalling, dude.

It's not too much for me to ask you to quit wishing death on other human beings.
    Just out of curisosity what do you think should happen to the guy? Should we try to rehab him and release him out into the wild and hope it doesn't happen again?

Just so I'm clear, I'm not a big fan of the death penalty and I'm not trying to convince you that it's right but do we just hang onto this guy for the next 50-60 and risk him being turned into a role model for other phycos? Do we try to rehab him and release him? I mean what do you do with a spree killer?
  • Joseph Silverman
    Offline / Send Message
    Joseph Silverman polycounter lvl 17
    What is your suggestion then? Give him hugs and kisses, some back rubs, let him paint some new pictures, read some books? Cause I am curious as to what you think should be done.

Pretty much, yeah. Maybe something more like life imprisonment (to prevent him hurting anybody else) and I suppose therapy if his family or whatever can pay for it and anyone's willing to work with him, because the cat's obviously got some pretty crazy issues.

I just don't see what gives you the ultimate moral authority to say his life is worth less than yours. He's obviously done horrible things and is unsafe to have around people, and has forfeited his right to be a member or society or have a normal life -- but that doesn't justify you or anyone deciding his life should be snuffed out.

Are you really telling me you could look a human being in the eyes and tell them that you genuinely wanted to end their life? That's fucked up.

Mark:
    obviously you don't release someone who shot 30 people, ever, but yeah, why not just lock the guy up? Maybe even attempt to treat him while he's in prison, if these horrifying actions weren't totally under his control? the 60 years or whatever he's got is a long time, maybe by the time he rots into dust he'll have lived a shred of a decent life.

There are and have always been more human ways to deal with crazy people than butchering them. Sentence him to whatever amount is appropriate for the crimes he's committed (which will surely be several lifetimes), and in some theoretical alternate reality where he lived to be 600, lock him up under psychiatric care after his release.

Don't tell me it's too expensive, either -- it's not like we have 1000 mass murderers in prison breaking the budget. We could just offload a few of our bombs or something else horrifying that our government funds to pay for his imprisonment. Even the worst human life has more value than a keg of gunpowder.

I also should mention I didn't just invent this idea. It's proven effective. Plenty of philosophers and governments and cultures have puzzled out how to exist without the state murdering bad guys -- it works just fine.
  • Zwebbie
    Offline / Send Message
    Zwebbie polycounter lvl 18
    It seems to me that the difference between the "European" and "American" points of view here is that Europeans view violence as a necessary evil and Americans view it as a tool that can be used for either good or ill. And, well, Europe has had a bad history with violence being justifiable.
  • EarthQuake
    Nice going guys, take a tragedy and turn it into your personal soapbox for/against gun control/capitol punishment/whatever other political bullshit you feel strongly about.
This discussion has been closed.