Home General Discussion

Call of Duty: Ghosts

Replies

• Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    ae. wrote: »
    yeah no clue why anyone would get banned for that? theirs a million dicks on this forum getting banned for making meat references while still staying on topic seems crazy.

we don't need to bring up why he was banned last time, it wasn't about meat references. move along folks!
  • OBlastradiusO
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    OBlastradiusO polycounter lvl 11
    dangit, I want soldiers vs actual ghosts.

AHAHAHA I forgot about the salami cycle!!!

lol. That would have been awesome, but it probably would have looked like another Zombies clone.
  • Xoliul
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Xoliul polycounter lvl 14
    This alien co-op thing makes me slightly more inclined to try CoD again... at least it's something different.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ambershee polycounter lvl 17
    Indeed. It's amusing because it's so ill-fitting for the rest of the product. If they released it stand-alone for like $15, I'd buy it for sure.
  • McGreed
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    McGreed polycounter lvl 15
    Yeah, do a standalone co-op game with just the aliens would be more fun imo. But then again, they wouldn't have the brand name behind them to sell it.
  • Darth Tomi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Darth Tomi polycounter lvl 12
    Good job Raven!
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    NegevPro polycounter lvl 4
    I just spent about 2 hours playing each mode and I'm quite surprised with this game to be honest. In some ways, its the best CoD game released to date, in others, it's the worst.

To sum it up, here's why I like the game:

-it's fun
    -campaign is intense and action packed
    -the weapon models and animations are beautiful but the graphics altogether are improved for the franchise
    -it's the first FPS I've seen that has properly implemented combat sliding
    -there is a large amount of things to accomplish
    -extinction is both unique and fun
    -there are a lot of modes that cater to different people. many people dislike the competitive aspects of MP and squads mode fixed that
    -they improved upon previous problems (spawning, lag, etc.)
    -maps are small enough to be fast paced but big enough so that you dont constantly spawn behind somebody on the other team
    -tons of character customization options including female soldiers (i wouldnt use them but it's nice that they are there for female gamers)

things i hate about the game:
    -pc version is locked at 65 fov, im not sure what kind of jerk thought this was a good idea but it's there
    -horrible performance on PC (people are reporting that they getting under 70 FPS maxed out with 2 GTX titans and a top tier CPU
    -game requires 6GB just to launch, however upon checking how much ram is actually used, it doesn't even reach 3GB
    -required to be online to play anything but campaign, even if you just want to play squads vs ai or extinction alone
    -i havent beaten the campaign yet but rumor has it, it's only 4-5 hours long. ive heard that it was long from some and incredibly short for others, so i can't really comment on this, but if it's short then that's bullshit

Personally, I bought Ghosts and BF4, and I plan to grab Titanfall as well when it releases. I don't think there's any reason that people should limit themselves to a single FPS but a lot of people seem to either stick to CoD or they stick to BF. Both are great games and worthy of praise and a lot of time and effort went into both.
  • SuperFranky
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    SuperFranky polycounter lvl 10
    I'm a fan of the series, and I thought that Ghosts have one of the best single player campaigns in the series. Great job by the new staff of Infinity Ward.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm a bit curious about that subdivision graphical feature that was used in Ghosts. Supposedly any models that the player could see close up were subdivided on the spot in order to make the mesh look better. I've never heard of any game using something like that before but I'd love to learn more about it.

It was mentioned in this video:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fv__G6KJQ8"]Official Call of Duty: Ghosts Tech Comparison Video - YouTube[/ame]
  • ZacD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ZacD ngon master
    Apparently the PC port does not have a FOV slider. Someone created a fix to add it into the game, and then Activision sent a takedown notice to the website hosting the fix.
  • pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
  • Snader
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Snader polycounter lvl 15
    That's a promo video and nothing more. The jetfighter helmet most certainly isn't from ingame (because you'd need to model in control edges and that's too much data for the memory) and the characters don't look as nice as the first character either.

Heck, here's a shot from that same video only seconds later:
    CoD_GhostsPromo.jpg

The Sub-D is probably the same thing as the realtime tesselation that Metro 2033 had.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brygelsmack polycounter lvl 11
    What the fuck?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5E82ZkHTiVU"]Call of Duty: Ghosts Copy & Paste Modern Warfare 2 Ending - YouTube[/ame]
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MainManiac polycounter lvl 11
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Haha, amazing. I wonder how much more is copy+paste.
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    J0NNYquid polycounter lvl 5
    I have a hard time believing they'd be that blatant about it, it's probably more about fan-service, I'm pretty sure they'd want you to realize it's the same scene (nostalgia and whatnot). I could be wrong, as I haven't played the game, but I'd be amazed if it wasn't intentionally done.
  • ambershee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I fail to see how using the exact same mocap data is 'fan service'. Fan service would have some kind of context, but this doesn't.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, if anything it just comes across as extremely lazy.
  • NegevPro
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lol, damn I should have paid closer attention to that video.

With the budget IW gets, you'd think they would have spent more time and energy trying to make the game look better, or for god's sake, at least make the PC port not so shitty.

It just occurred to me this morning, they went ahead and spent the time to code AI for the fish, but they couldn't create an FOV slider in which the hardest part would probably be adding it to the UI.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ^ this

they had the chance to push the envelope for the new consoles and instead they just release another installment of reskinned garbage.

At least battlefield tries new things every release
  • VelvetElvis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    VelvetElvis polycounter lvl 12
    Apparently there are some frame rate issues on the PS4.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24834842

Of course, reviews are still under embargo until the 12th.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, if anything it just comes across as extremely lazy.

seriously? you're dragging out the tired old "lazy dev" line? I hope you drop your morning toast butter side down.
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Again, I haven't played the game, so this is all just me spitballing, but supposedly that scene takes place at the end of the first level, and the scene they "copy" is at the end of MW2? so maybe they're intentionally trying to make that connection. I'm just not sure they'd choose that specific scene to outright copy for nefarious reasons, it's pretty iconic for fans of the series. It was probably just a convenient way for them to save time while also harkening back to previous games, either way, nothing terrible about it, just devs trying to do the best with the time they're given.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    seriously? you're dragging out the tired old "lazy dev" line? I hope you drop your morning toast butter side down.
    Well, isn't it? How would you put it instead?

This turned pretty hostile fast...
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    The amount of hate this game is getting over shit other games does is ridiculous.

I bought BF 4 and regret it as it's an unoptimized crashy piece of shit these days. That and there is NOTHING new in BF 4 that wasn't in BF 3 other than the levelution gimmick and some pretty boring maps.

At least Ghosts tries to add some new game modes to the mix and adds focus on good map design.

As for the "copy paste" mocap thing, they've been doing that for ages by reusing the same death animations, breach animations, door opening animations etc etc, why is it only being brought up as a negative now?

Also lol at the "lazy dev" accusation. I don't thin any devs are "lazy" pretty sure they're forced into ridiculous time constraints and last minute changes because of what the competition does.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, isn't it? How would you put it instead?

This turned pretty hostile fast...

Accusations of laziness are a pretty serious insult to throw around casually. When I see this on Polycount it gets my goat because you guys should be familiar with the amount of work that goes into making a games.
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    Gonna be real honest here,do you guys really care that its using the same animation? devs do this all the time to save on Development time so they can hit certain milestones.

Mostly every game i work on has re-used assets from the previous games. there are Darkness 2 Animations and Assets in Star Trek and Star Trek Animations and Assets in Warframe.

no one usually ever notices unless your call of duty of course cause everyone just wants an excuse to run the call of duty games through the mud.
  • MainManiac
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin wrote: »
    I bought BF 4 and regret it as it's an unoptimized crashy piece of shit these days. That and there is NOTHING new in BF 4 that wasn't in BF 3 other than the levelution gimmick and some pretty boring maps.
    I don't like BF either

to be honest they're both horrible games compared to cod4 and bad company 2. But when consumers keep snatching them up they won't stop making them at the bare minimum quality they need to in order to get sales.
  • xvampire
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    The amount of hate this game is getting over shit other games does is ridiculous.

simply people hate it because it once stole the highlight of other game/genre they like.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    jesus christ who the fuck cares if they reused 15 seconds of animation? I love seeing people bash the CoD and Battlefield series (especially people who are not in the industry but are trying to get in) when if they were offered a job at DICE or IW they would instantly be down on their knees groveling with their potential managers dick in their mouth spouting muffled "is it deep enough in my throat yet!? can i have a job plz!?"

if I was a hiring manager I would check stuff like polycount and then in the interview bring up awesome little lines like that to see the stuttering backpeadaling reaction out of an applicant for the sheer joy of it. something to keep in mind when ranting about games from potential employers.

for me as someone who works in games I just dont give a shit about stuff like this, ofcourse consessions have to be made to get the game out on time, and nowdays consumer entitlement/indignation is so fucking overblown its borders on parody. people scream about their 60 dollars going to waste like its the end of the world and hooooooribly effects their life them in some negative way. way to make yourself look like a spoiled little bitch.

if the story required a part where you are pulled up and lead to a vehicle im happy they reused that stuff, if it saved an animator even one or two nights of being away from his life/family then fuck yea.

maybe i should just stay outta these threads on big titles because it pretty much just becomes "call the whaaaaaaambulance"
    pretty much reminds me of this:
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpUNA2nutbk"]Louis CK - Hilarious - Part 6 - Cell Phones And Flying - YouTube[/ame]
  • gsokol
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Guys seriously, its a new game, I expect every single animation to be a new one. I mean it...That duck walk better look next gen. Also, if they don't remodel the tin cans lying on the ground, I'm going rage so hard.

(being sarcastic, in case nobody picks up on it)

Anyways, I'm holding off for now...gonna pick up the game with a next gen console at launch. Pretty excited to play it, tbh.

PixelMasher nailed it.
  • skyline5gtr
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    skyline5gtr polycounter lvl 9
    lots of crazy feedback on these games, i have not enjoyed a COD since COD 4 but ghosts looked interesting gonna wait till price drop see how it looks then. Waiting for XCOM next week :poly142:
  • J0NNYquid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'll probably wait until it goes down in price and get it for the 360. Supposedly it's not having the framerate issues of the next-gen consoles/PC. Not to mention I can't afford to move onto the next-gen yet lol.
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jesse Moody polycounter lvl 17
    Just so you guys crying lazy PC port. PC was the lead sku on this game. I didn't work on it and have no ties to it but just figured I would share that tid bit for you and the pc version looks fantastic.

Also no FOV slider is a design choice not lazyness. By default the tweakable FOV exists in the engine. :)

Those that picked it up I'll see you online...
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message

At least Ghosts tries to add some new game modes to the mix and adds focus on good map design.
    I haven't bought it yet because of the first issues you bring up, but from what I understand that's all things DICE are working on and things that are actually possible to fix post-launch. And for the record, BF4 introduced new game modes as well. Also, a ton of people are saying the optimization between beta and final game is like night and day (for the better). Maybe you just have your settings too high.

Check this out, it might help: How to drastically improve your frame rates in Battlefield 4.
    Accusations of laziness are a pretty serious insult to throw around casually. When I see this on Polycount it gets my goat because you guys should be familiar with the amount of work that goes into making a games.
    Sure, I probably could have put it better. Just funny how they think fish AI is more important than a sequence that's part of the storyline. I'm just curious how they prioritize their own game. This sequence had to be written and directed based on these pre-existing animations, instead of actually having something new done that could potentially fit the story better. It's like they don't care.
    people scream about their 60 dollars going to waste like its the end of the world and hooooooribly effects their life them in some negative way. way to make yourself look like a spoiled little bitch.
    You have no clue about peoples financial situation, that's a pretty arrogant thing to say.

As for applying to companies whose games you've been bashing... why would anyone do that? Doesn't sound like the smartest thing to do.

Man this forum gets hostile as soon as you simply state your opinion...
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Just funny how they think fish AI is more important than a sequence that's part of the storyline.
    Does the re-use of that mocap data somehow harm the single player story, such as it is? I don't understand the issue. So if they had spent the time to re-shoot that sequence so he raised his arm in a slightly different way, that would have improved the game somehow?

Please, explain.

As a heads up, we didn't redo every animation between the various Gears games. Sorry to be so lazy.
  • Skamberin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Skamberin polycounter lvl 13
    I haven't bought it yet because of the first issues you bring up, but from what I understand that's all things DICE are working on and things that are actually possible to fix post-launch. And for the record, BF4 introduced new game modes as well. Also, a ton of people are saying the optimization between beta and final game is like night and day (for the better). Maybe you just have your settings too high.
    I run everything in low, I ran everything in BF 3 on high. Still crashes, still guns that remove all sound on the server when you equip a silencer, still the same old clusterfuck because of bad conquest maps. I bought premium BF 3, like an idiot, I expected better for some reason.

Also the new game modes are ripped straight out of counter strike, do not fit battlefield and are dull as hell, there is nothing "new" about them.

Same modes were in COD ages ago but at least CoD added some of the more unused MP modes such as kill confirmed, cranked and hunted which are new for the series and are not modes that have had a huge spot on the general FPS market, except for kill confirmed, blitz and possibly search and rescue which are just king of the hill and skull collection derivatives, but they fit within the game nontheless.

BF has been king with Rush ever since Bad Company 2 imo, nothing beat a good player group on some of those maps in BF 3 and BC 2, but BF 4 is just... not there and I am so done with conquest now, wish they'd included titan mode..

Also please don't mention the fish AI shit, I see enough of that crap spouted by mouthbreathers on reddit and RPS...
    WarrenM wrote: »
    As a heads up, we didn't redo every animation between the various Gears games. Sorry to be so lazy.

How dare you, as a consumer I expected the Lancer to be remodelled and retextured and redesigned at least 50 times during development.

And Marcus to grow a full beard and the Locust to become actual locusts.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    WarrenM wrote: »
    Does the re-use of that mocap data somehow harm the single player story, such as it is? I don't understand the issue. So if they had spent the time to re-shoot that sequence so he raised his arm in a slightly different way, that would have improved the game somehow?

Please, explain.
    Well, clearly they are making something so similar to a previous game that they can just throw in old stuff and call it a day. I mean, this franchise has been making headlines for a couple of years now for re-using old assets, but they've never really taken it this far where they re-use old cutscenes and the animations in them. Recycling old walk cycles and reload animations is one thing, I think this is entirely different since it's actually there to drive the story forward. Did you really recycle old cutscenes for Gears?

Don't we want to move this industry forward the slightest? If you can't make a new game within the production time you're given, then maybe your ambitions are too high. With this kind of mindset where people are completely fine with re-using essentially every aspect of a game, then what stops developers from recycling an entire level a few years from now? "If it saved a level designer/artist even one or two nights of being away from his life/family then fuck yea." Is it really what this industry wants to be?
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    You have no clue about peoples financial situation, that's a pretty arrogant thing to say.

If 60 bucks is gonna put a dent in your wallet your priorities are in the wrong place and you shouldn't be wasting your money on a game.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did you really recycle old cutscenes for Gears?
    To be honest, we did here and there. There were times when we needed a quick transition cut scene for some reason or another, so someone would find some animation that basically fit the bill and we plugged it in. I distinctly remember doing this at least twice on Gears 2. Did you notice? Probably not.

Again : Does the re-use of this animation hurt the game experience in any measurable way? No, it doesn't. If my Dad plays this game, he will not even notice it's recycled. He'll see a generic cut scene of a person being helped to his feet and lead towards a vehicle and he'll move on.
  • WarrenM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    If 60 bucks is gonna put a dent in your wallet your priorities are in the wrong place and you shouldn't be wasting your money on a game.
    The flipside of that is maybe I understand the value of money and throwing $60 at every game I see is maybe not the smartest decision I could make, regardless of it breaking me financially or not.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fair enough, can't agree on everything.
  • PixelMasher
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PixelMasher veteran polycounter
    hahah yea exactly. if you are buying cod in the first place you know what you are getting. anyone who drops the 60 bucks and expects something new and revolutionary when there are tons of reviews out there saying its more of the same with minor changes but still fun, then proceeds to whine about it is an idiot. If they cant affoard it due to their financial situation but chose to buy it anyways and then freak out...well that just irresponsible. to be clear, im not judging anyone based on their income level, im more appalled anyone living outside their income level with frivilous spending and then blaming anyone but themselves for their predicament.

second off, when you look at the sheer amount of content you are getting for 60 bucks for potentially hundreds of hours of entertainment vs spending 20-40 dollars (tix plus popcorn etc) on a trip to the movie theater for 2 hours I find it super amusing.

how can you even argue about saving peoples and cutting OT time during a massive production by reusing 15 seconds of pretty generic story content. I absoultley hate the mentality that game production is this noble quest that you have to be a slave to to make the best games. I will take my daily life outside of work vs being locked at my desk working away to make something 1-2% better to make someone else a shit ton of money any day. And more often than not its people looking for that first game job who have the mentality of working insane hours is going to make the game so much better and "i would love to work overtime on that project its so fun!"

like others have said, having him raise his arm slightly different or get up with different timing, would that make the game/story/gameplay any way better at all? not really, its just people who have way to much time on their hands mouth breathing away in their basements looking for something to feel rightous indignation about. the fact that such a thing even made a big splash saddens me, people reacting with such critisizing outrage like the game infact gave them a whopping case of HIV.

If this sort of thing burns your asshole, dont buy it. sitting there jacking off in a pool of your own tears over something so trivial is hilarious, it literally sounds like upon seeing that people just disregard the entireley new environments and cool shit in the game. then again people who decide not to buy it for whatever reason need to feel validation due to group think and have to spout their negative opinons for someone to hear just to feel justified.

and to the comment of who applies to studios whos games they openly bash? I would say most people who are desperate to get into the industry, nowdays people seem to be willing to do anything to get into games, and who honestly say that if you were in a hunt junior artist position and were offered a chance to work on a mega franchise like COD, BF or Assasins creed etc as your first title they would honestly be like "no....shit sux! i dont wanna work for you even though nowhere else is hiring and ive applied to every studio in the country in the last 3 months" LOL yea right!

anyways back on topic, the game looks pretty awesome, im a sucker for underwater shit and even if im a little fatigued by the series im pretty stoked to check it out on next gen and will probably enojy the shit outta the campaign and spend some time in MP before getting tired of it, and then guess what? I will move on with my life. all for 60 bucks. congrats to anyone who worked on this I know a bunch of IW people lurk on here so nice work!
  • ae.
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ae. polycounter lvl 12
    hahah yea exactly. if you are buying cod in the first place you know what you are getting. anyone who drops the 60 bucks and expects something new and revolutionary when there are tons of reviews out there saying its more of the same with minor changes but still fun, then proceeds to whine about it is an idiot. If they cant affoard it due to their financial situation but chose to buy it anyways and then freak out...well that just irresponsible. to be clear, im not judging anyone based on their income level, im more appalled anyone living outside their income level with frivilous spending and then blaming anyone but themselves for their predicament.

second off, when you look at the sheer amount of content you are getting for 60 bucks for potentially hundreds of hours of entertainment vs spending 20-40 dollars (tix plus popcorn etc) on a trip to the movie theater for 2 hours I find it super amusing.

how can you even argue about saving peoples and cutting OT time during a massive production by reusing 15 seconds of pretty generic story content. I absoultley hate the mentality that game production is this noble quest that you have to be a slave to to make the best games. I will take my daily life outside of work vs being locked at my desk working away to make something 1-2% better to make someone else a shit ton of money any day. And more often than not its people looking for that first game job who have the mentality of working insane hours is going to make the game so much better and "i would love to work overtime on that project its so fun!"

like others have said, having him raise his arm slightly different or get up with different timing, would that make the game/story/gameplay any way better at all? not really, its just people who have way to much time on their hands mouth breathing away in their basements looking for something to feel rightous indignation about. the fact that such a thing even made a big splash saddens me, people reacting with such critisizing outrage like the game infact gave them a whopping case of HIV.

If this sort of thing burns your asshole, dont buy it. sitting there jacking off in a pool of your own tears over something so trivial is hilarious, it literally sounds like upon seeing that people just disregard the entireley new environments and cool shit in the game. then again people who decide not to buy shit for whatever reason need to feel validation due to group think and have to spout their negative opinons for someone to hear just to feel justified.

and to the comment of who applies to studios whos games they openly bash? I would say most people who are desperate to get into the industry, nowdays people seem to be willing to do anything to get into games, and who honestly say that if you were in a hunt junior artist position and were offered a chance to work on a mega franchise like COD, BF or Assasins creed etc as your first title they would honestly be like "no....shit sux! i dont wanna work for you even though nowhere else is hiring and ive applied to every studio in the country in the last 3 months" LOL yea right!

anyways back on topic, the game looks pretty awesome, im a sucker for underwater shit and even if im a little fatigued by the series im pretty stoked to check it out on next gen and will probably enojy the shit outta the campaign and spend some time in MP before getting tired of it, and then guess what? I will move on with my life. all for 60 bucks. congrats to anyone who worked on this I know a bunch of IW people lurk on here so nice work!

+1
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    also when ripping on things people forget on next gen it is a launch title and with having to be cross platform that usually the next gen version while improved isn't leaps and bounds due to the fact of having to make a previous gen version as well, late sdk and hardware specs and so many other issues involved.

For people to say the graphics haven't improved should really go back and look at the games again over the series per developer.

Call of Duty 2 was a 360 launch title, compare that to Ghosts and you can see a HUGE difference in quality.

Same with Call of Duty 3 to Black Ops 2 (being the first/last games from Treyarch on the consoles)
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lazy dev, why aren't you working instead of posting!?
  • Jesse Moody
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lazy dev, why aren't you working instead of posting!

fuck sorry... i really had nothing to do with ghosts though just hate anyone ripping on ANY game and calling devs lazy and shit...

Kotaku is one thing but you guys on here really should know better that any of us working these jobs knows that we are not lazy at all.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    :)
    I never played any COD and only briefly played BF 2042 and Bad Company because I got them for free as an EA employee but I always have to tip my hat to the hard work the developers put into those series.
  • Lombos
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lombos polycounter lvl 6
    Just so you guys crying lazy PC port. PC was the lead sku on this game. I didn't work on it and have no ties to it but just figured I would share that tid bit for you and the pc version looks fantastic.

Also no FOV slider is a design choice not lazyness. By default the tweakable FOV exists in the engine. :)

It's interesting because from what I've heard a FOV slider was a big request from the pc community. I've only watched one review on CoD:Ghosts and the player was disappointed with the PC quality stating it was about the same as the previous. It was however TotalBiscuit, The Cynical Brit...grain of salt taken. It looked good to me, but I don't do much "high-end" gaming.
    One thing I found a bit ridiculous was under the audio options there was one slider for all volume...no way to adjust Mics vs music vs sound effects. I can't remember the last time I saw this in a multiplayer game and it does seem a little lazy.

if I was a hiring manager I would check stuff like polycount and then in the interview bring up awesome little lines like that to see the stuttering backpeadaling reaction out of an applicant for the sheer joy of it. something to keep in mind when ranting about games from potential employers.

I'd probably also look at how they respond to others in a discussion, if they remain professional or resort to name calling, and draw the line at no more than 3 deep throat comments.
  • Brygelsmack
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    lazy dev, why aren't you working instead of posting!?
    I get it, give it a rest.
    fuck sorry... i really had nothing to do with ghosts though just hate anyone ripping on ANY game and calling devs lazy and shit...

Kotaku is one thing but you guys on here really should know better that any of us working these jobs knows that we are not lazy at all.
    I haven't called any artists lazy, the call to recycle this cutscene was probably made by their higher ups. I know very well how much hard work is required in this industry, and I often find myself defending artists on various forums for the amount of time they put into their job.