Home Dota 2

Wizo's Workshop

polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
wizo polycounter lvl 17
Hey guys,

Just made my workshop, :P I am having a bit of free time so I decided to spend it into something I love, dota 2!

Feel free to leave your input or comments, stuff you like, don't like, that would be very appreciated.

I'll be working on dota 2 sets and also the goal for me is to work with input and improve my designs to make them as interesting as possible. It will be a small window, but I will take the criticism into account for a day or two, after that will lock the design down and will proceed to the 3d production.

In return for having your input, I will post 3d tutorials and or breakdowns, posting WIPs for those who are interesting in seeing that. Ask away if you have any character modeling questions!

Thanks, see ya soon!

latest:

Replies

• wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Here is the one I am currently working, the main idea is pretty much having Sven dressed as a Higher knight with more drapery and having a bit more anatomy showing. Trying to bring a bit more of the classic dota vibe but with the dota 2 style.

1st set - SVEN - RETRIBUTION SET

I like sven in dota 2 but currently, I feel he should be a bit close to the classic looks from dota 1
    Not much sets do that right now.

Here is what I got, so if you have any crits or inputs, let me know,
    tomorrow I will start working on the 3d version, cheers!

sven_retribute_set.jpg?dl=0
  • Vayne4800
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    From ingame perspective, this will look too similar to the default set and/or existing sets.
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Vayne4800 - yo! cool, thanks for the heads up!

I tweaked the concept a bit, buffed up the shoulders, changed the horn and leg part which you are right, looked very close to other available parts.

Ended up with this, It has more personality, so that makes me happy, but let me know your thoughts : )

sven_retribute_set_rev.jpg?dl=0
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Alright, somewhat final concept, I might push the rendering further for the heck of it, but I feel everything is there and ready to move on with the 3d. : )

Still not 100% on the colors, I might go for something more neutral but I think subtle red works for now. If anyone has colors tips, im all ears.

sven_retribute_set_rev2.jpg?dl=0

3d blockout next !
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    blocking stage started! had some fun polishing unclear things to lock in the colors and design! Happy its done : )
    final concept :

Sven_Min_Concept_slabreche.jpg?dl=0
  • wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17
    Hey guys,

Wanted to share some modeling updates with you, I've taken some liberties on the helmet, which after trying the modeling out, I felt it was way too busy for the dota 2 style...so after a bit of thinking I've made it a bit more simple.

Let me know your thoughts, its my 2nd try, might be too early to be approved on the workshop but I am learning each time : ) .  I will add some details here and there but I wanted to show where everything is at right now, hopefully I'll start doing some low poly and bakes next week.

also if you want to check out some tricks and or struggles from the process, I've posted some videos here ::smile: 

http://www.twitch.tv/wizo5454/v/23183798

Have a good weekend,

thanks!

• wizo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    wizo polycounter lvl 17

Update time!

nearly done !  got my maps baked yay. bad news tho, I should've checked if the body parts could be changed, I have not found a way yet, if you guys figured out how to do that, I would love to know.

Worst case scenario, I'll tweak the some verts here and there so that they fit the original sven mesh.

You can check out the model on artstation here
    https://www.artstation.com/artwork/mOobZ

Next step, import in dota 2 !  : ) Hope you guys like it!