Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Cyber Owl

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Cosmo85 polycounter lvl 5
So I thought it was about time to post this up for critique since it's starting to shape up. I'm sure most people have run into Konstantin Maystrenko (Zoonoid)'s art on CGHub and will recognize this guy. I wanted to try something fun and gestural, as far as proportion is concerned, and I really like the surfaces and textures this piece has.

Here is his Cyber-Owl piece.

489_max.jpg

Here is what I've sculpted so far...

progress%25202.jpg

Replies

• jaydon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jaydon polycounter lvl 6
    I really love this piece and was thinking about having a crack at it too, so good choice. Shaping up well, can't wait to see more progress
  • minorthreat
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    minorthreat polycounter lvl 7
    lol that's awesome, good job so far, can't wait to see how this evolves.
  • Cosmo85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some updates, mostly the boots. I embellished a tad since I couldn't make out some of the shapes, but stuck to the cyber-tech feel of the concept.

progress+3.jpg

progress+3_legs.jpg
  • Cosmo85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I came back to this, had to work on some other things, but the proportions bugged me, so I tweaked the upper body a lot. Looks a bit exaggerated, but someone pointed out that the arms are what gives it its shape and silhouette.

progress5.jpg
  • BeserK
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    BeserK polycounter lvl 12
    Looks fantastic so far, may I ask what the deal is with his right middle finger? Whatever it is, it's a great touch, and it's gotten me interested!
  • [SF]Three9
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ...what...the fuck...is this....

....coolest character I have ever since; bravo, you won at art

The vast contrast of body proportions is a bit jarring, but I still really love the character...gotta agree about the super tiny middle finger

Will he have a tail? I feel like that could bring more character to him
  • Cosmo85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Beserk - Thanks, and the middle finger thing is actually just dynamesh being weird with the symmetry. The final model with mirrored basically.

[SF]Three9 - Thanks, props to Zoonoid for his fun concept. Now that I look at it, I should probably thicken the chest a bit more to match the original art.
  • Cosmo85
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm just about done with the suit detail, but some things are off throughout the model so will probably tweak them soon. I can always use a fresh pair of eyes to point out more mistakes I can fix before I start re-topologizing which I would like to start soon.

I'll appreciate any feedback as usual.

progress7Front.jpg

progress7Rear.jpg