• ike_ike
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12
    not a fan of the black pelt bits, but the mount is fantastic
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @Neox
    Yay, finally! Though I gotta agree with ike, this came out a lot darker than it looked originally, which takes away some of the theme for me. What did you render the turntable in because it looks fucking gorgeous!
  • Konras
    Offline / Send Message
    Konras polycounter lvl 12
    @Neox that is overwhelming. Masterpiece. I really like the presentation - is it Marmoset? I like those clean screenshots. Five instances and health bars turned of are made with help of some commands or composed in PS? (damn so lame questions sorry for that). I will definitely upvote that all the way as soon as I will be on steam :)

One critics that I could make is that bottom bear pelt look on the first glance like pair of KOTL legs. Maybe because its so black and thus really stand out from white area around. Anything else is just perfect. Keep it up!
  • Prosomogy
    i need help:c i have a problem whis xnormal, i have problem whis bake, i can't see model on 3d view, so hard make bigger cages:c anyone know how fix this problem and reset tools on 3d view? i so bad made tools whan try fix my problem :D and now don't know how reset tools ;c later all be okay i able to see model but for now i don't know what's going on;c help me please ;c Whan i bake it in blender its all okay.
    Here some screens :c
    Rr1v4pVjick.jpg
    bHgZ-ZLg4jA.jpg
  • Oroboros
    oYftREL.jpg

Hey guys, just wrapped up the marketing piece for the Spirit Breaker set (Barathrum's Fury) myself and Bounch have been hard at work on and submitted this morning. :) Lost sleep, the good kind. Hope you guys like it.
  • kendmd
    Offline / Send Message
    kendmd polycounter lvl 5
    @Jeremy That turned out so awesome. What I'm not really a fan of is how detailed the helmet is, I think you can turn down some of the details and it'll look better. But great job!

@Neox Amazing job as always :D Share your secrets~
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Oroboros, I like it. Especially what you have done with the eyes.
  • Hellmouth
    Offline / Send Message
    Hellmouth polycounter lvl 11
    Lycan set. May add wolf form and wolf minions as well.

Lycan_1.jpg
  • Paskie
    Working on a concept for Spectre, are the colors too bright perhaps? And now when i look at it from distance, the handle looks a bit too big compared to the blade.

FzWYtt0.jpg
  • Hudston
    Offline / Send Message
    Hudston polycounter lvl 10
    Neox wrote: »
    Sadly the lack of freetime forced this one to take way longer than planned, however, it is done now :)

The Keeper of the Northlight

[snip][/url]

I love this. Well done!
  • Jalcober
    Offline / Send Message
    Jalcober polycounter lvl 10
    So many good sets!
  • nights-x
  • Kraken
  • Mark.N
    I can't remember the last time I posted art in this thread (no bueno!).

Been kicking around my Chen sculpt this past week, still need to get the weapon and bridal modeled up from their concepts to round out the set.

c1nSELa.jpg
  • Technoviking
    Hey guys, if you could check my item it would be awesome :)
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=167801621

B32140CF9BD0E29E5000D645CDC24C493857D52C

C25AA245659C5FED84FA70D69DDA4CD4D5AD0226

critics are welcome :)
  • Prosomogy
    Test textures for abbadon item, concept by foxclover. Anyone know how reset setings on xnormal?:(
    KChxN2RXiLI.jpg
  • Stefco
    Offline / Send Message
    Stefco polycounter lvl 5
    wolfie summons for lycan, done with mechbgum.
    hope you like em :)

Icewrath Pack
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=168027818
    etHH5LY.jpg
  • Swizzle
    Offline / Send Message
    Swizzle polycounter lvl 15
    Doing retopo and laying down some base colors for a Kunkka set. Still need to finish up the hat, belt, and sword.

yLojKAE.jpg
  • Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Is it just me or did the Workshop bug out this morning? The pages of the Most Popular (This Week) field have been showing Mech's Void set, the Airborn Studios' Shadow Cat set from last week, and a lot of items from way back when like Anuxi's Luna set and that Na'Vi AM set.

In the meantime my DK sword seems to have completely disappeared. It's still in my workshop files but doesnt exist anywhere else on the workshop, even if I search for it. And the visibility is still set to Public. Not quite sure whats wrong.

--edit-- Oh wait. I changed the visibility to Friends Only, and back to public and now it's reappeared halfway up the front page, much higher than it should have been o_0 Does seem like a database bug or something.
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    We with Stefco finished with our hook!
    268x268.resizedimage
  • nights-x
    Snowstorm wrote: »
    Is it just me or did the Workshop bug out this morning? The pages of the Most Popular (This Week) field have been showing Mech's Void set, the Airborn Studios' Shadow Cat set from last week, and a lot of items from way back when like Anuxi's Luna set and that Na'Vi AM set.

In the meantime my DK sword seems to have completely disappeared. It's still in my workshop files but doesnt exist anywhere else on the workshop, even if I search for it. And the visibility is still set to Public. Not quite sure whats wrong.

--edit-- Oh wait. I changed the visibility to Friends Only, and back to public and now it's reappeared halfway up the front page, much higher than it should have been o_0 Does seem like a database bug or something.

same happened to me, literaly more than half my workshop items just vanished from the workshop and i had just submited a new set that was actually getting the best rates any of my stuff ever had, that kinda fucked it up...
  • Prosomogy
    Done item, concept by Rowinish ;)
    6JnjDcj4oaQ.jpg
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14

Thanks for the tip about changing the visibility, have had a full day of downtime due to this same issue and this fixed it!
  • Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony wrote: »
    Thanks for the tip about changing the visibility, have had a full day of downtime due to this same issue and this fixed it!

Welcome! Love the Invoker helm btw. I thought that it looked a little too dark relative to the rest of his clothing, but in day time it looks about right.

@Prosomogy - The sculpt's pretty good, but I feel the textures are a missed opportunity. The yellow and orange bits don't look at all like they're glowing lava, and neither does the red crystal bit near the hilt have any sort of sheen, which is how I would have interpreted the concept.
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    Been a while since I posted something about that CK set I've been working with Stefco, but we're making progress.

Here's a GIF!

ikRJ4oK3xdBEF.gif

Would love some thoughts.

I'm also having some problems with the geometry in-game. It looks fine on the portrait and when CK is stationary, but that part under his helm that's kinda supposed to be his head isn't behaving properly. Here's what I mean:

PWSTWmY.png

It's pretty noticeable on his neck.

It's probably related to the rigging, but how do I fix it? I'm currently binding everything to head1. People who made CK heads, how did you rig it?
  • Prosomogy
    Guy's i can't understand... i taked 2 concepts done tham and after some time one who creat concept says that its for abaddon (but its unable import item at the moment) but ok i will wait whis done job. Second concept, i so long time wait for answer from his creator and what i get? i done this work, spend ~20 hours for it, and after some days creator of concept says that he didn't give me permission for make it "please remove it from workshop" but wtf, he says that need guy who will done his item, but i didn't get from him answer so long day's and i done it how like all make something whan wait for answer from creator for fast done it and now i need only remove it and its all...ah... realy... someone from you guys says me that i don't need make my concepts i can ask about get it from people who create it, i try 2 concept and nothing...
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Prosomogy - In order to use someone's concept you need to get permission - end of story. Until you get permission, then don't bother wasting time on it! If they take a day, week or month you either wait or move on to something else.

If you don't get permission, then you'll have to create using your own idea. If you can't create a drawing concept, then write it down and use that. If it's in your own head, you can probably visualize it enough to make a model anyway!

One of the worst things to do in a community of artists is to use someone else work without permission. And it follows you around - that bad reputation. You need to make your own stuff man!

Edit: Looking at your work - its obvious you have the technical skill to make the items. Just be patient - it will come.

Good luck. :)
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @Prosomogy
    What Prophet9 said. Right now you sound entitled and childish, at least put some time into your writing and make sure it's legible.
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    belkun wrote: »
    Been a while since I posted something about that CK set I've been working with Stefco, but we're making progress.

Here's a GIF!

ikRJ4oK3xdBEF.gif

Would love some thoughts.

I'm also having some problems with the geometry in-game. It looks fine on the portrait and when CK is stationary, but that part under his helm that's kinda supposed to be his head isn't behaving properly. Here's what I mean:

PWSTWmY.png

It's pretty noticeable on his neck.

It's probably related to the rigging, but how do I fix it? I'm currently binding everything to head1. People who made CK heads, how did you rig it?

Add some influence from what I believe would be either the neck or chest bone on the bottom verts of the neck, that should fix your issue. Looks really awesome, I really like the style of the helm!

I also think you also experiment with adding the animated textures to the frilly part at the top of the helm
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Although I appreciate the politeness of Prophet9, I think this kind of thing can't be taken lightly, because inexperience doesn't excuse plagiarism.

@Prosomogy:

If the concept is not yours, doesn't matter if you worked on modeling it for a year, it's not yours, period.

You're in no position of making demands, even more after using other people's works without permission as you did.

If you don't know how to do it, without practicing you'll never learn, and not knowing how to do it doesn't make you entitled to use other people's work in any way without their permission.

And I agree with Spudnik too. You don't need to write in perfect English, but ye gods, give your posts some love, they are almost illegible.
  • Prophet9
    Offline / Send Message
    Prophet9 polycounter lvl 9
    Rubus wrote: »
    Although I appreciate the politeness of Prophet9, I think this kind of thing can't be taken lightly, because inexperience doesn't excuse plagiarism.

@Prosomogy:

If the concept is not yours, doesn't matter if you worked on modeling it for a year, it's not yours, period.

You're in no position of making demands, even more after using other people's works without permission as you did.

If you don't know how to do it, without practicing you'll never learn, and not knowing how to do it doesn't make you entitled to use other people's work in any way without their permission.

And I agree with Spudnik too. You don't need to write in perfect English, but ye gods, give your posts some love, they are almost illegible.

My Armoured Flesh Golem friend also speaks truth. ;)
  • Rubus
    Offline / Send Message
    Rubus polycounter lvl 5
    Someone found my (rather neglected) CGHub profile =)
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Finished another item with amazing Stefco. I asked him to give me a quick item and he gave me this!

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 948x471.2A4B387F043E3766C73BB2D028BFDA21FE387ECF

Umbrage and OH by Vayne4800 and Stefco

200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage
  • Giiyom
    Offline / Send Message
    Giiyom polycounter lvl 9
    It's me or all the items are marked as Created by: Valve now?
    I guess it's a bug.
  • someguy216
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Finished another item with amazing Stefco. I asked him to give me a quick item and he gave me this!

wol_error.gifThis image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 948x471.2A4B387F043E3766C73BB2D028BFDA21FE387ECF

Umbrage and OH by Vayne4800 and Stefco

200x200.resizedimage200x200.resizedimage

Noice :P
  • belkun
    Offline / Send Message
    belkun polycounter lvl 7
    @AndrewHelenek

Thank you! I'm a complete moron with anything related to rigging, but since I'm mostly doing this for learning, that's actually great! Just learned a lot about skinning and weights.

It's fixed!

5ha2Q6O.png

(ignore the texture, I'm working on some masks)

Again, thank you!

Quick edit:

Everything is pretty much ironed out:

CRxIBRQ.jpg
  • archie
    Hey guys~
    what do you guys think of this? any feedbacks? :D
    Currently I have only done the head and arms, left with legs and feelers, and somemore touch ups haha.
    bSQJlo.png
  • Rowinish
    Offline / Send Message
    Rowinish polycounter lvl 8
    X-post from my thread

Just submitted my first Dota item! Enjoy!

8D563C63C8004B4BF1B1058E867FDAEAC7BA2AF8
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    Rowinish wrote: »
    X-post from my thread

Really good man!
    EDIT: First part I wrote was irrelevant, my internet just didn't show a larger version at first.
  • Celths
  • Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Rowinish wrote: »
    X-post from my thread

What does it look like without the painted flame effect? The in-game shot has really dark lava pieces, and it looks a lot better that way. Did you paint those dark pieces out in the preview pic? I do think the model looks good in-game, but if anything i feel the preview pic is just as important in the Workshop.
  • Gamer_Alien
    Guys, x-post from the monthly contest.

Bounty hunter shuriken wip! Feedback greatly needed so i can move on to the next stage. I'm a bit insecure about the fur parts and YES that's supposed to be hair/fur from slain animal :(

comments plz ?

34xrtw8.png
  • Zipfinator
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    The fur just doesn't fit dotas style at all. Look at the spirit bear or Lycan's wolves or jugg's neck for some reference. It needs larger sculpted chunks with most of the smaller detail painted in with some lighter strokes.
  • Kraken
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    Need help! For some reason my recent item dissapeared from workshop:( The link is still working http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=167695811 but you can't find it in workshop. Even statistic of the item has stopped after first day.
    ruZvx1I.jpg
  • Paskie
    Kraken wrote: »
    Need help! For some reason my recent item dissapeared from workshop:( The link is still working http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=167695811 but you can't find it in workshop. Even statistic of the item has stopped after first day.
    ruZvx1I.jpg

Someone said it would come back if you switch view to friends only and then back to public.
  • Kraken
    Offline / Send Message
    Kraken interpolator
    Thanks! It works. Unfortunately all my items were hidden during weekend:(
  • Nikey
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    Hey guys, i made weapon for ck, and i want to hear your suggestions and opinions!

402y5.jpg402yr.jpg
  • pear
    Offline / Send Message
    pear polycounter lvl 8
    Q_Q i've been trying all day to submit an item. i keep getting a stupid error
  • pixelherder
    Offline / Send Message
    pixelherder polycounter lvl 18
    more work in progress - crits/suggestions etc welcome over in my workshop thread

newface_wip01_zps134bc2e6.jpg

accessories_wip01_zpsb3d29425.jpg

accessories_wip02_zps17e93782.jpg

P.s. if i wanted to do an evil/dire alternate version (e.g. a texture variant and/or a modified head model) could i do that as part of one submission or would it have to be broken up into 2 seperate characters?
  • Rowinish
    Offline / Send Message
    Rowinish polycounter lvl 8
    What does it look like without the painted flame effect? The in-game shot has really dark lava pieces, and it looks a lot better that way. Did you paint those dark pieces out in the preview pic? I do think the model looks good in-game, but if anything i feel the preview pic is just as important in the Workshop.

I was just trying to simulate the self illumination that it has, though you are right. I'll see if i have time today to fix that.

Side note, I forgot you make a note in the description of the mineral blade saying that I'm the original creator. I bet I've been reported about 30 times already. :poly122: