Home Dota 2

Spammers, how to deal with them?

Replies

• [NB] Mohsen
    Offline / Send Message
    [NB] Mohsen polycounter lvl 3
    I think he's still at it because I recently saw him spamming Bisho's recent slardar set on some posts in the dota 2 community hub.
  • Toasty
    ah, that's a shame, this isn't doing either of them anything positive.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    I think he's still at it because I recently saw him spamming Bisho's recent slardar set on some posts in the dota 2 community hub.

can he just block his comments from his items?

If you block someone doesn't that avoid that person to be able to comment on your items?

I had some issues like that in the past but I just blocked them
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I think that if you block someone you just won't see his comments...but everyone else probably will. Not sure 100% though.
    The problem is that the guy spam not on his items but on everyone else's items, making people think that is Bisho doing so (or one of his friends), and bringing Bisho a bad image of spammer.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai wrote: »
    I think that if you block someone you just won't see his comments...but everyone else probably will. Not sure 100% though.
    The problem is that the guy spam not on his items but on everyone else's items, making people think that is Bisho doing so (or one of his friends), and bringing Bisho a bad image of spammer.

that is really weird.

I had some issues with people being really mean, and wanting my items files in the past. Ignoring them worked for me.
    But this case is different, it is like having a stalker

It is a little scary to be honest

and that message Bisho posted makes it look even worse
  • Bishobola
    yeah this is still going Tvidotto I have this from yesterday in one of my items which means the spammer is still spamming my sets
    edgy 24 de feb. a las 12:53
    How the fuck is this arcana quality?

• Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishobola wrote: »
    yeah this is still going Tvidotto I have this from yesterday in one of my items which means the spammer is still spamming my sets
    edgy 24 de feb. a las 12:53
    How the fuck is this arcana quality?

so, is he spaming on other items saying that your set is arcana quality?
  • No Pie For You!
    Offline / Send Message
    No Pie For You! polycounter lvl 6
    Well... we know who`s gonna get spammed next XD
  • Bishobola
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    so, is he spaming on other items saying that your set is arcana quality?
    Extactly tvidotto
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Bishobola wrote: »
    Extactly tvidotto

man, that is really weird

It is kind of good that he is trying to advertise it, but it is really bad the aggressive way he is doing...

My suggestion, block all contacts with him on steam, email, facebook...
    Some people already know about it and will ignore him if he keeps flooding other items

he may not stop, but you will not know anymore =]

but I believe the fact that he managed to talk with you helped in making him more passionate with that advertisement project. At the moment he realizes that he is getting nothing more with that he will probably settle and stop ( I hope )
  • Reza
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    I do hope he stops it. I still see those comments around! :(
  • BigRUSDaddy
    Hello everyone, signed up to the forum , but I want to understand how everything is done , because we want to and we have it all to develop in Russia , as many players , and good things and makes few tournaments so we decided to take the first we have in Russia , I want to learn you advice , we want to start the tournament on a holiday on May 9 "Victory Day" and make a set on the sniper for the tournament. There is an idea , the realization of lame , so I want to know you can be me who is experienced and will tell you , and will do a thing with him , of course not for free , I will be glad of your advice.