Home Dota 2

Agito's dum dum drawings

Replies

• agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MdK wrote: »
    Kenpachi and Goku! Good work!

on side note, i really impressed how the dragon ball's character hair can be so fancy yet creative.
  • MrNobody109
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    MrNobody109 polycounter lvl 4
    agito666 wrote: »
    tumblr_n9tw5nrZKV1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

thinking hair cosmetic for lina gone haywire.
    b97d48a9fd45.jpg
  • Goeddy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Goeddy greentooth
    that curry lina looks insanely good. moar indian sets plz!
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    KqRTDV3.jpg

spam more about Burning lotus set v3.1 .... need to do more hair option for that

.____.

okay firnally the PSD file upload server is normal...time to promote my shirt design xD

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=291051279
    tumblr_n98zztmjf81sxkih7o10_500.gif
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i think i will end for thinking Hexor's set... originally was promised him doing 3 different idea, but end up i only come out 1 (i think it is good one) an 2 useless one as you see at the draft there.
    1tIn9Mq.jpg

weird idea for today
    was thinking want to make some tiny weapon concept and end up make this giant banana shit.
    i was imaging Tiny holding banana and use it to whack Tower XD
    twiECCY.jpg

also another shirt design spam, will not continue shirt design that soon. XD this is the last shirt design for this period
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=298939059&searchtext=
    200x200.resizedimage
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    0520__lina_burning_lotus_v2__temp_name__by_agito666-d7v3o29.jpg

ChunLi-Na set.

decided revert back the bun design, very early stage design picture is below:
    http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2013/337/3/0/0470__lina_custom_set_draft_design_by_agito666-d6wo7h6.png
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_nahvs0FKQu1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

NRX-055 Baund Doc Lina custom

tumblr_najn315fOb1sxkih7o1_500.jpg

MSN-02 Zeong Krobelus custom

I'm on crack, i just notice this 2 heroes have fluffy skirt like the mecha too XD
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_narrmwIwjO1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

decided update my thread a while
  • No Pie For You!
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    No Pie For You! polycounter lvl 6
    love the daft punk theme
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    9dJibFg.jpg

white batman
    saw that species in facebook post and decided to add a backpack to become courier.
  • Todestomate
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aaaaw it looks so fluffy <3 also love the banana :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    53yX4cu.jpg

more random courier idea >_<
  • quockhanhlk
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    quockhanhlk polycounter lvl 11
    You're always so full of ideas :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mY2UeHK.jpg

recycle older random mecha head concept and make it into sven helm hehe...
    what do you think?

below this is the original concept i did. could say partly also inspired by Sven that time
    http://agito666.deviantart.com/art/0458-mirror-drawing-389373127

well this one 2d is not accurate so whoever work with me, normally need to sculpt 3d roughly. screenshot it with 3 different view and i need paint over to adjust it then refine it few times lol....
  • HFresch
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Works surprisingly well as a head piece for Sven, although I would advise you not to make the side-horns look too mecha-inspired. Especially the flat side on the back makes it look a bit like jet-boosters or that kind of thing.

Anyways, your work is always inspiring! Continue, I can't wait to see what's next!
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tOobMen.jpg

updated a little for sven head....
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    original concept XD
    PRUk4L4.jpg

refined concept, half way i discuss with him and eventually unify motive into 1, use turtle as main animal for armor. weapon will be stingray.
    YyJoREv.jpg

slark concept set collab with Dim... he gave me the original concept and i rework and refine it outta of that. XD
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    slark is holding his weapon backwards. take care of this if u dont want to create a full new custom animation setting.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock wrote: »
    slark is holding his weapon backwards. take care of this if u dont want to create a full new custom animation setting.

thanks for the highlight!

yeah i notice that too, i told nullf to make a dummy sword first for testing before going full force to do that..

but i've view the slark in this video and i think should be okay with the default animation
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiiQWDQeJZw&quot;]Dota 2 Hero Spotlight - Slark the Nightcrawler - YouTube[/ame]

as long as the sword bind on forearm bone
  • ike_ike
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike polycounter lvl 12

updated a little for sven head....

i'd like to request a pic of sven wielding sven
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ike_ike wrote: »
    i'd like to request a pic of sven wielding sven

i see what you did there XD
  • Potm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm keyframe
    saw your lina set, lovelovelove it, thumb up :D
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Potm wrote: »
    saw your lina set, lovelovelove it, thumb up :D

thanks! i also quite surprise that madzia agree to do the loading screen art.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    N7vh87D.jpg

one of venomancer concept WIP that is not used for proposal for something.
    but i think i'm fall in love with caterpillar's nipple. thinking to develop it once i got my time.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    hey mate, me again. i love the tail. its rly awesome but i fear with 240 tris it will be very hard to make this happen. also i rly love the ward. its rly rly good!
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey mate, me again. i love the tail. its rly awesome but i fear with 240 tris it will be very hard to make this happen. also i rly love the ward. its rly rly good!

as i said before, wait till the 3d modeler artist complain he can't fit it then i will re-do the design XD

bc0bebf753e598aac1dca53c6e6919ee.jpg

not to mention i originally want to use centipede but since immortal ward using that theme so i had to find another snake-like creature for this theme.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    i just wonder why u display those slots with limits for polys and textures to the top right of ur concept but then u decide to ignore them and concept something that is not fitting. if u ask me thats not funny at all - its a little stupid -.-
  • Reyne
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reyne polycounter lvl 6
    I think it is the concept artists job to dream big. If there is just no way the technical limitations can accommodate the design, reel it back in a bit.

Although I have not done much collab so my opinion probably doesn't mean too much :P
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    i just wonder why u display those slots with limits for polys and textures to the top right of ur concept but then u decide to ignore them and concept something that is not fitting. if u ask me thats not funny at all - its a little stupid -.-

okay i really don't know why you will mad with the poly budget i put there. :|
    since you are asking that, then i try my best answer you with my limited 3d knowledge.

1) as i work with nullf before, we do discuss will the budget enough or not, and 2nd things is he always refer me with LOD0 limits, so as for the tail it is 440 for me.

2) yes the budget is for me to refer how simple the shape i want to be, of course i always to extended to maximum and wait others give me reply either the budget is enough or not...

3) also i don't know how you "read" the complexity of the tail part. the antenna maybe can be flat plane instead of cylinder (also 4 antenna reduce to 2 only), the "eye" part can be just using texture paint it dark instead make a bloat shape for the eye. Also the tail can be simplify more to a plain oval shape instead of something like a dick/ apple shape there. also not to mention i read before bump map also helps to make it 3d or sorta things i don't really know....

4) also i don't know how 3d modeller memorize the limits haha, so i only can imagine they open a reference picture + a workshop guideline which is opened 2 windows there, i think i just put the requirement in the picture so they can just use single window for that, no need open another window for finding the guideline.

5) in short, if the 3d modeller can't fit all the things within budget, i already told them hit me anytime and we will discuss which part need to change and which part need to take out. that is how i interact with 3d modeller during sculpting/ modelling stage.

6) the polybudget i sometimes got read it too and estimate roughly what to design for that, like 200+- tris i know it is limited and thats why i didnt put a starfish shape on the tail. :P
    since i can't tell 200+- tris can do how much design/ shapes for that.

it is like you ask me to count the water drops to fill in 500ml bottle. no one knows till i fill in the bottle and pour it back to count the water drops.

is that answer helps you? :)
  • heboltz3
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    heboltz3 polycounter lvl 9
    as i said before, wait till the 3d modeler artist complain he can't fit it then i will re-do the design XD

Well alrighty then
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
    If I were to model that, I wouldn't make the antennas and the teeth very curvy. If that's not enough, I won't give tris to the eyes too, just normals and texture. It's a bit challenging but it's possible.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    dont get me wrong. i wasnt saying u are not allowed to do so. and also ur right it wont be a problem at all with lod0. it will just be hard with lod1 and u cant totaly ignore that since u allways need the lod1 for ingame. also what reza said are some good points. the reason why i mentioned it is also not to annoy u, but thinking about such things in concept stage will save u and ur modeler alot of time :) nobody likes reworking.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dont get me wrong. i wasnt saying u are not allowed to do so. and also ur right it wont be a problem at all with lod0. it will just be hard with lod1 and u cant totaly ignore that since u allways need the lod1 for ingame. also what reza said are some good points. the reason why i mentioned it is also not to annoy u, but thinking about such things in concept stage will save u and ur modeler alot of time :) nobody likes reworking.

lol i more more into reverse method. need to hit wall so know what can do and what can't ... and when doing concept i got consider if this and that not enough budget, be ready reduce tris or take away this and that feature.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_ncv5f5ZPhF1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

new leshrac set concept ... :v
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    tumblr_nd1zwmDHrf1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

just proof i'm alive and still busy working with other stuff...here is a disruptor idea i came out... temporary name is chinese thunder god set
  • hamstocks
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks polycounter lvl 5
    I really like that concept, except for the legs... the positioning just seems a little off. I mean I know its just a rough idea, I'm sure it will look even cooler if you flesh it out a bit more
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hamstocks wrote: »
    I really like that concept, except for the legs... the positioning just seems a little off. I mean I know its just a rough idea, I'm sure it will look even cooler if you flesh it out a bit more

LOL! actually i was trolling... here's is part of the screenshot with original colour, still WIP status
    tumblr_nd22kx0lPB1sxkih7o1_1280.jpg

but then, yeah, it might be cool if i try to enhance it as disruptor
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    UTieSX0.jpg

i still thinking wnat to continue or not lol... no idea for back slot XDDD

thinking want to use thunder god from japan, but that thing, the floating pan cakes is very common concept, and One piece got a character used that and now everyone know that thing....
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    http://ravafx.com/dota/devblog-1-sheevers-venomancer-from-fierce-fire-to-ferocious-flora/

here is a venomancer set WIP i working with ravafx .... and sheever..... :3
    WIP sculpt by reza

Venomancer-RavaFX-Sheever-Concept-Art-800x450.jpg
    Venomancer-RavaFX-Sheever-Sculpt-800x599.jpg
  • AndrewHelenek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    I love the direction of the distruptor mount, that will look very unique! But I will say, I'm a bit disapointed by the lack of Tidehunter set for Sheever.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I love the direction of the distruptor mount, that will look very unique! But I will say, I'm a bit disapointed by the lack of Tidehunter set for Sheever.

i didnt watch her stream so i really dont get it why need to be tidehunter ... O_O

and i was mentally prepared that people say that mount will looks like spirit breaker... :poly142:
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    The blossoms idea is cool but I got a few critiques:

1) The petals at the top tentacles are overkill, I'd suggest trying a sprout with a mouth, a bit like Plants vs. Zombies or this . And keep the saturation there less than the actual face so you don't have 3 focal points but one.

2) The 'wings' look cool but make sure you integrate them with the body so they don't just sprout out of his side. Make the transition from main body to the petals believable because right now they look just glued on. For some examples of how to pull this off really well, check out Pior's Veno set

3) Same goes for the face, make sure it doesn't look glued on. Also, think about your focal points. Where do you want the eye to go? Usually Valve puts a ton of focus design wise on the head and forward on the hero so that you can tell at a glance which direction a hero is looking. You have to be really careful that the big petal on the back doesn't become the immediate focal point since it's on the back and facing backwards. Pop the head out, by giving it more visual weight than the rest.

4) Tail, try to find other ways to work with the flower motif than just the same thing again. A flower there looks weird because it drags on the floor and having a perfect flower petal there looks weird and nonsensical when animation comes into play.

All I can think of for now, but the most important part is making sure the items don't look glued on but are a part of Venomancer and blend nicely into his base body. It's a unique challenge for the hero.
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik wrote: »
    The blossoms idea is cool but I got a few critiques:

1) The petals at the top tentacles are overkill, I'd suggest trying a sprout with a mouth, a bit like Plants vs. Zombies or this . And keep the saturation there less than the actual face so you don't have 3 focal points but one.

2) The 'wings' look cool but make sure you integrate them with the body so they don't just sprout out of his side. Make the transition from main body to the petals believable because right now they look just glued on. For some examples of how to pull this off really well, check out Pior's Veno set

3) Same goes for the face, make sure it doesn't look glued on. Also, think about your focal points. Where do you want the eye to go? Usually Valve puts a ton of focus design wise on the head and forward on the hero so that you can tell at a glance which direction a hero is looking. You have to be really careful that the big petal on the back doesn't become the immediate focal point since it's on the back and facing backwards. Pop the head out, by giving it more visual weight than the rest.

4) Tail, try to find other ways to work with the flower motif than just the same thing again. A flower there looks weird because it drags on the floor and having a perfect flower petal there looks weird and nonsensical when animation comes into play.

All I can think of for now, but the most important part is making sure the items don't look glued on but are a part of Venomancer and blend nicely into his base body. It's a unique challenge for the hero.

fSpXhPQ.jpg

update a little after hearing your suggestion,
    1) but but but i like flower :3 , and if put other type of flower i think it will not so "consistent" . since the set concept initially came from hibiscus + rose flower. maybe mixture of red dragon fruit. and moustache on the mouth is just mimicking chinese dragon.

2) ya, noted with that. will ask reza to make a gradient on the root part to make it like grow from body instead of "glued" on it

3) not really sure for that. i think is fine for me.

4) the logic is super realistic... it is like questioning how the Sladar and Naga walk on grass without scratch their skin lol... i think this one not really need to take care with.

thanks for crits anyway. :)
  • DarthVictorLee
    i love dat venomancer concept! especially dos flowers on it!
  • vertical
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    vertical polycounter lvl 9
    Another crit, red/pink is overused.
  • Spudnik
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    Yeah, it's just overkill. Scale it down, create 1-2 focal areas, tone down the rest.
  • Shock
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Shock polycounter lvl 5
    basicly i have to sign what the others said before me, so only one point from me.
    i think a flower works like that that the blossom is on the top. so i think it would make more sense if u would change the tail to something other and just leave the blossomparts to the higher based slots. by that it would follow a better design logic and also give it a stronger focus on the mainbody instead of looking like an xmas tree :)

greez
  • agito666
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    set a rough item deisgn direction of Clubs (poker card) for juggernaut like nearly 1 year ago
    based on my readings of many mangas experience of japanese traditional culture like lost shine (like the tomb raider) , tomoe, naruto, shinto, etc...

this jugger-nut is based on Tengu and samurai (obviously)
    Tengu is a monster / god / spirit that mastered wind technique, also he sometimes spotted wearing some monk's appeal, some legend of him is bird-like creature, some said he got a red-long-nose...

mDzVJqL.jpg

older design draft
    IQA08g1.jpg

here is pokemon version lol:
    275Shiftry.png

==================

as for the oberused red for the flower venom set, that one i got considered too if out of colour template. actually i got set another 2 colour style for flower petal (not in picture, actually got, but very small at the corner there)
    that is : Yellowish-Green and Purpleish-blue for match back venom's colour template.

add another one head gear design for drow... still thinking rest of it.
    P6rEys9.jpg
  • Reza
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reza polycounter lvl 3
  • Nikey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nikey polycounter lvl 10
    My first thought : Radiane? :D