Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Dota 2] - Brewmaster - Golden Harvest set

Okay, I'm off to a bit of a late start. But I'm going to try my best to finish this set in time! Thank you Rorozilla for giving me a little conceptual boost :)

concept01.jpg

The idea behind this set is that the Brewmaster has been out gathering the ingredients for his brew. His armor is made mostly of broken up planks from barrels. I still haven't decided on the weapon yet.

I am showing two different wrist guard concepts here. One is comprised of the broken up barrel and the other is more of a padding. I'm not really sure where I'm going yet with those either. Maybe I will go with a big guard on his drinking arm and a smaller more maneuverable one on his weapon arm.

concept02.jpg

I'm a little worried about the wheat, seeing as I can't use transparency or two sided materials. I am hoping I will have enough geo to simply model enough instances of the wheat to look believable.

I'm not 100% sure if I will stick with the wheat concept yet. another idea would be to make a big keg on his back with a steel or bamboo spout going to the front where he could fill his mug.

What do you folks think?

Replies