Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[DOTA2] - Broodmother - Scorpion Impersonator set

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Grindy polycounter lvl 10
Hello all!

It's been a while since I've done anything in 3D, and I've been longing to get back at it recently so this contest arrives just in time I guess! Now I don't know much anything about Dota's lore, so I hope my idea can stand on its feet:

First, I am going for a Broodmother set. While many characters seem great, I didn't really want to work on something humanoid and the other characters didn't inspire me much I guess.

This set revolves around the idea that the Broodmother "headed for the surface, declaring her intent to rid the world of each and every possible invader, down to the last Hero if necessary". Now she's headed into the desert, where she learns about the Sand King and decides to go after him. Her first stop though is to defeat the largest possible female Scorpion in the King's desert and approach him with the remains of the deceased scorpion on herself.

Hopefuly this makes some sense in the Dota universe, surely someone can tell me around here?

brood1.jpg

So I am going for a Legs - Back - Head - Misc set ATM, I might include the Spiderlings if time allows it. What I've got so far in this image is the Misc slot item, which would be a kind of armor plate on top of her thorax, as the thorax itself can't be changed as it is in the Body slot. I plan on including a scorpion tail on the Back slot and use the legs of the scorpion over the spider legs, like if she was dressed with them but her "feet" wouldn't, much like our pants, I imagine. I still have no clue what I can do with the head slot which are only the "hair" thing on the back of her head.

Color is absolutely not defined at this moment. That's about it for the moment, next round of painting/concepting tomorrow! Leave any ideas/critics/comments you can come up with, they're appreciated!

Replies