Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Asteroid Sci-Fi Bar Scene - UDK

Hi all, I know what you're thinking "ugh, not another UDK sci-fi scene," but if you don't mind looking at this one and giving me some crits, and/or advice on where to take it, I would appreciate it. It's still pretty early in the process, but hopefully there's enough there for you to see the direction I'm going in. Please ignore the crappy light map bakes, as most of the scene is just auto-unwrapped, placeholder objects.

sciFiBar.jpg

Textures so far:
sciFiBarTextures.jpg

Thanks for looking,
Mick

Replies

• Dazz3r
    Offline / Send Message
    Dazz3r polycounter lvl 12
    Whoa this is awesome, the roof is really impressive, the asteroid and structure combine brilliantly. All looks very natural. You planning to add a few smaller props such as glasses, hand held items? maybe a few characters aswell?
  • igi
    Offline / Send Message
    igi polycounter lvl 12
    Am I the only one who getting the game 'freelancer' vibe. Awesome! Keep it going :)
  • warby
    Offline / Send Message
    warby polycounter lvl 18
    i really like the "concept" and geomtry of everything but you are knee deep in what i like to call the "lightmap resolution uncanny valley" i can see staircasing compression edge bleeding and god knows what kind of artifacts everywhere.

lightmaps need to be either way more highres or way more low res and for small fiddely stuff vertex colors !

/edit okay i shall ignore the lightmaps as per instruction ^^ in that case looks good keep going ! :)
  • maverickhornet
    Offline / Send Message
    maverickhornet polycounter lvl 9
    You can never have too much Sci-Fi in my case! This looks great. It reminds me a lot of Omega of Mass Effect 2. The textures look great... Agree on the lightmaps but otherwise this has so much potential!