Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Introvertices

introvertices
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
introvertices polycounter lvl 6
I've been meaning to start one of these for awhile... Gonna start with a dump of the finished pieces I've made since I -intended- to get this going, and end up with some WIPs of what I'm working on now, and hopefully all new pieces moving forward.

Replies

• introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    This is the last guy I finished; Mason. I had been hitting the stylized angle pretty hard previously (as you may see when I keep posting) and wanted to do something more realistic.

Tri Count: 10,495
    Maps used: Diffuse, Specular (Gloss), Normal. x2048
    Rendered in Marmoset

Mason+Close.jpg

Mason+Presentation.jpg

Mason+Construction.jpg

Mason+Zbrush.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    After looking through the Creaturebox when working on the Elderbeast (see below) I also got some inspiration to make a robot.

Tri Count:10,908
    Rendered in Marmoset

Robot+-+Beauty.jpg

Robot+-+Presentation.jpg

Robot+-+Construction.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    I saw Arenanet had posted a new art test for a Character position and had little choice as to whether or not to submit an entry:

Tri Count: 7497
    Maps used: Diffuse (Alpha), Specular (Gloss), Normal. x1024
    Rendered in Marmoset

Concept:
    Arenanet+Concept.jpg

My Submission:
    Arena+Beauty+Close.jpg

Arena+Presentation.jpg

Arena+ZBrush.jpg

Arena+Construction.jpg
  • blackdragonstory
    Offline / Send Message
    blackdragonstory polycounter lvl 9
    Really hight quality models.
    Cant wait to see more :)
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    I wanted to give a creature a go, and having the CreatureBox lying around, the designs in there were too good -not- to model one. Concept by Greg Baldwin.

Tri Count: 3252
    Rendered in Marmoset

Concept:
    Creature+Concept.jpg

Creature+Beauty.jpg

Creature+Presentation.jpg

Creature+Zbrush.jpg

Creature+Construction.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    My wife's got a bit of a crush on her old D&D character, and after much begging and pleading I made him for her in 3D.

Tri Count: 16248
    Rendered in Marmoset

Blight+Beauty.jpg

Blight+Presentation.jpg

Blight+Construction.jpg

Blight+ZBrush.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Really hight quality models.
    Cant wait to see more :)

Thanks a lot, man! Don't have too much more to dump just yet, I think one more final and then WIPs of what I'm working on now. Looking back over my stuff I've gotta start pushing my sculpts harder in Zbrush. Hopefully the WIPs coming up will show that I'm on the right track.
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    This was a character I made off an unused concept at work. I've only got the high poly to show right now, I keep meaning to go back and put together a construction shot of the low poly, but this would have been for cinematics and the like.

Tri Count: 6764 (unsmoothed) 28478 (smoothed)
    Maps used: Diffuse, Specular, Normal. x2048
    Rendered in Marmoset

One.png

Two.png
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    And finally, my current project. I started this specifically to push myself harder in Zbrush. I had wanted to make a mermaid of some sort for a while, and I figured if I pushed the "creature" side a bit more than, say.. Disney might, It would be a good chance to do a lot of sculpting. Not sure if I'll update this post as I go, or make new posts....

WIP+01.jpg

WIP+02.jpg

WIP+03.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Ger her rigged, skinned, and posed. I thought of a few more things I want to add in Zbrush, hopefully will have another update later tonight.

WIP+04.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Got her normals baked out, right now her Diffuse is only the AO, pulled it into Marmoset to play with the lighting and comp of the beauty shot.

WIP+04.jpg
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    Hello there. I just wanted to say that I really like your stuff. I think it's all got a great style to it, seems very clean & creative. My favorites thus far are your robot and your most recent mermaid.

One suggestion I have concerning your mermaid's beauty shot, while I get that the thing is floating from some sort of anchor at the bottom and she's floating above it, without any sort of background it's easily mistaken/read as being upside down. Probably because she is so upside down. If you're going to keep her in that position, I might recommend having at the very least some bubbles or something floating upwards to help you establish which way is up. That might be something you already had in mind, but wanted to mention it anyway.

Keep it up. :)
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks a lot man! Been away from things for awhile, but I came back to it a few days ago and finished up the mermaid. (and you ere on the money about adding bubbles. I actually forgot i wanted to do that until you reminded me, thanks!) Love to know your thoughts on where she ended.

mermaid_beauty_by_pratikah-d7dw6rg.jpg

Mermaid+Presentation.jpg

Mermaid+Construction.jpg

Mermaid+ZBrush+1.jpg

Mermaid+ZBrush+2.jpg
  • Two Listen
    Offline / Send Message
    Two Listen polycount sponsor
    I think I preferred the lighting you had in your original beauty shot setup. The stronger secondary lightsource coming from the right/top right in the latest one I think makes it lose a bit of that "deep sea" feeling the original had. Though it's also possible that the inclusion of some warmer colors (since she's actually textured now) could partially be the cause of that.

Also, did you change the perspective on the light bobble globe thing? It reads a little off to me now.

That all being said, I like how she turned out. I am reminded of some Dominance War entries from a few years ago, love me some nice underwater folk. :)
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Finished up an environment piece I did as an art test, they supplied the top image, and gave some limitations for the scene, like 30k tris and 5 mbs for textures.

High+Voltage+Concept.jpg

HV+Render+02+Atrium.jpg

HV+Render+03+Landing.jpg

HV+Render+04+Upstairs.jpg

HV+Render+05+Basement.jpg

HV+Presentation.jpg

HV+Construction.jpg
  • TomDelboo
    Offline / Send Message
    TomDelboo polycounter lvl 6
    wide range of skills. keep it up man ;)
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks man!

WIP+02.jpg

Working on a character for a side scrolling 2.5D dungeon crawler. He's still in the works, but I wanted to get some WIP's up. Top is with Diffuse, Spec, Gloss, and Normal. Below is Diffuse only.

WIP+01.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Finally got around to watching season 2 of Young Justice, which lead to rereading my YJ and Impulse comics, which lead to this. Impulse and all related whatnot are property of DC.

Tri Count: 6,589
    Maps used: Diffuse (Alpha), Specular (Gloss), Normal. x2048
    Rendered in Marmoset

Impulse+Beauty.jpg

Impulse+Presentation.jpg

Impulse+Construction.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Working on a female character now, got my first WIP's to show for it.

WIP+01.jpg

WIP+02.jpg
  • introvertices
    Offline / Send Message
    Got some more work done on her, Coat, boots, and gloves. Working on her pants now, then gotta do her belt and decided if im gonna give her a bag/pack or not.

WIP+03.jpg