Home General Discussion

Zbrush Online Classes anyone?

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
Bonjour!

I've been looking around the web but I thought you loverly people could help out as well :) A couple of work buddies and I have been looking for a solid online Zbrush course that we can sign up for during the upcoming months.

Something that goes from "beginner" to intermediate (or maybe intermediate and beyond) that is also worth the bang for the buck. I've come across a couple of online workshops but I'm also out of the loop when it comes to knowing when these classes start.

If anyone has any suggestions it would be very very appreciated :poly142: Or even if anyone has taken some of these online workshops before, how well did they go?

Thanks all for the help!

Replies

• DrunkShaman
    Offline / Send Message
    DrunkShaman polycounter lvl 14
    http://www.digitaltutors.com/11/training.php?cid=29

Enjoy :)

EDIT: This works better for me than to signing up for classes. So I hope this helps you out.

If you are looking for live classes than good luck with it.
  • JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    Well thank ya :)

Let me limit the search a bit, we're looking for something that could be more environment focused, it's a bit more niche and I'm just interested to see if there is anything out there like that.

edit: not that we couldn't use techniques from character driven tutorials, but I'm more curious to see if there are environmental focused classes. Hopefully that makes sense :P
  • bizarr0
    Hear nothing but good things about the escape studios
    zbrush class from the couple of people i know whom have taken it.
  • Jeff Parrott
    Offline / Send Message
    Jeff Parrott polycounter lvl 19
    There isn't really much environment focused unfortunately. I'd love to hear about something though. I keep hoping CGworkshops will run one. You would do fine with taking Katon's class there and telling him you would like to focus on environments. Gnomon did a masters class in 2008 that was Zbrush for environments. I think that was in LA only though.

Most of my Zbrush knowledge has been through here, youtube, vimeo, and eat3d/gnomon dvds.

I'd be interested to hear if there are any good options.
  • tharle
    Offline / Send Message
    tharle polycounter lvl 9
    i did the full time 3 month escape studios class and i can second that their teaching is excellent. not the cheapest place mind but it was good enough to get me a job in the industry...
  • TheDarkKnight
    Offline / Send Message
    TheDarkKnight polycounter lvl 13
    jeffro wrote: »
    There isn't really much environment focused unfortunately. I'd love to hear about something though. I keep hoping CGworkshops will run one. You would do fine with taking Katon's class there and telling him you would like to focus on environments. Gnomon did a masters class in 2008 that was Zbrush for environments. I think that was in LA only though.

Most of my Zbrush knowledge has been through here, youtube, vimeo, and eat3d/gnomon dvds.

I'd be interested to hear if there are any good options.

I took Katon's one, and wouldn't recommend it for enviroment as it's all character.
    And for character I would recommend it, great workshop!

Same goes for the Jonathan Rush one, really awesome