crits/suggestions appreciated

Replies

• battlecow
    Offline / Send Message
    battlecow polycounter lvl 12
  • Ged
    Offline / Send Message
    Ged interpolator
    very good, especially cool when you zoom in, the f35 texture looks a bit colourful, like an oldschool diffuse lighting texture but its actually using a pbr shader?
  • Le Mans Racer
    Awesome cockpit, and nice little easter egg. Something going on the screens might be a cool addition.
  • Olli.
    Offline / Send Message
    Olli. polycounter lvl 8
    Ged wrote: »
    very good, especially cool when you zoom in, the f35 texture looks a bit colourful, like an oldschool diffuse lighting texture but its actually using a pbr shader?

Yeah I got the best results using the PBR shader even for assets which werent made for it. Like the RK i actually textured in max viewport using xoliul's shader sometime back in 2011. The F-35 on the other hand was textured for Arma 3, which uses quite a unique shading system. At least they advertise it as being "PBR" but it uses a single channel specular and gloss map along with a colormap (diffuse). I might have gone slightly overboard with the postprocessing effects especially on the f-35 exterior shot since the textures i had to work with were monochromatic and i was strugging to make them look good in a pbr environment :D