Home Technical Talk

Wacom. Hover acts as MouseUP after MouseDown.

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
Hello guys. I'm having some issues with my Wacom Intous 4 tablet. I have had this problem since I was using the Cintiq 3 in my profile picture as well. This may be difficult to describe in words but I'll try to make it as easy as possible

Tablet

hover = Mouse Move
tap = Left Click
hover(after tap) = Mouse Up

My Tablet

hover = Mouse Move
tap = Left Click
hover(after tap) = does not execute the mouse up until I pull away from hover all together.

Here is what I have attempted to do.

Reset photoshop settings.
Reinstall photoshop drivers.
Delete tablet preferences.
stop and restart the helper service.
reinstall drivers.
reinstall photoshop.

Like I mentioned before, I have had this problem for a VERY long time. I just never bothered to seriously attempt to deal with it until now Either no one knows what to do or the solution is so commonly known the internet just never bothers to answer. This has persisted on multiple Wacom tablets on multiple computers and multiple operating systems. I've never had this problem when using substance painter or gaming (yes, I have played shooters with my Wacom). I assume this is some weird photoshop issue. I can only assume it's some weird setting I have to play with since I keep switching computers and Photoshop versions... right? Anyone have an idea or a small hint?

Replies

• Arahnoid
    Offline / Send Message
    Arahnoid polycounter lvl 12
    I had similar problem in the past and in my case problem was caused by broken pen. Can you borrow another pen from somebody for a day and see if you get the same results.
    But don't play shooters with borrowed pen ;)
  • daniellooartist
    Offline / Send Message
    daniellooartist polycounter lvl 11
    unfortunately no. Not too many digital artist anywhere close to me :(

EDIT: This error is actually new to me. The one that keeps persisting is the one where Wacom exerts maximum pressure at random points when making lots of brush strokes. Although this error happens at the same time every time that one occurs.
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    i have that same (mouse-up) issue on two of my machines when used with a specific tablet (intuos 5M). used an intuos 3 before on these and it did not occur. in order to use the new tablet, i had to upgrade the driver which seems to have caused it. did not find any switches whatsoever nor any mention in google about this problem.

only a few tools are affected, photoshop/krita are not among them - still good for painting - but picasa is, in particularly annoying fashion. i was not bothered enough about it to go try out different driver versions but this might be the ticket.

this happens on mac for me. osx 10.7 and 10.9, tablet driver 6.3.9w5

have never seen anything like it on any windows machine with intuos models 1 - 4 so far and as mentioned it was all fine on mac with an intuos3 as well. not tried the intuos 5 on my windows box either. now why would that be? ;)