Home Technical Talk

Working with two monotrs - can I mirror it/ flip it horizontaly?

Kyle_butler
polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
Kyle_butler polycounter lvl 11
Ji guys! Most of you probably already seen modelers and painters fliping the canvas horizontaly or looking at the image throght a mirror so that they can spot errors with a "fresh eye".

I've been working on some portraits on zbrush and, usually, at the end of each session, I have to export a image and flip it on photoshop to see if I have to correct anything.

I'd like to make this a little more dynamic: I use two monitors, so I think it would be great to work o zbrush on my first screen and at the same time, on my second screen, to look at the same thing I'm doing at hte first one, but as a mirror (flipped horizontaly). Do any of ou know of a way to do that?

Thanks! =)

Replies

• Fingus
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fingus polycounter lvl 11
    I believe there are options to do that for use with projector setups, etc.

Have you looked in your display drivers?
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    well if there's a way to do it in the driver (pivoting/rotated display options?) it means your secondary screen becomes pretty useless for anything else permanently, unless regular driver fiddling is an option.

i'd look into scripting. a quick google for scripts to automate taking screenshots with yields results. something like: take one shot per second of the zbrush application window then mirror the output and display it in a window of fixed dimensions on your second screen?