Home Technical Talk

Zbrush won't load ZTool

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
Sukotto polycounter lvl 8
Hey guys, I got a problem in Zbrush(4r7) Hopefully someone can help. So, when I press Load Tool, I select my tool and hit open, and then Zbrush hangs there, doesnt import the tool and the Load button starts flashing. It freezes and then I have to force quit. Same thing happens when I try to import an alpha. Weird thing is, I can load a tool from Quicksave

I’ve tried loading other tools too to see if maybe the file was corrupted but the same thing happens. This is happening in both 32 and 64 bit versions on Mac with Yosemite. This just happened this week. I found someone else with the same problem on the 4R7 thread on the Pixologic forums but he never got an answer.

Replies

• thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    import you say? you should be using a function called 'load tool'. import is for data exchange formats.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh whoops, yeah I meant to say "Load Tool" isn't working.
  • thomasp
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    hmmmm, ok. well assuming the ztool is corrupt, it should say so and complain on load, not just hang.i myself have not really worked with 4R7 so far though so not sure if maybe there's a difference in behaviour now.

anyway this sounds more like an OS or zbrush config issue. you could try moving the prefs (ZStartup) folder, have the software recreate it and see if something got corrupted there.
    also it might just be a timeout or other issue in the finder/file open dialog. have you left it sitting there for a while to see if it comes back to life? have got any non-responding network drives mapped? that would be some typical stuff to look for.
    perhaps clearing out finder preferences would help.
  • Sukotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well, not sure what it was, but I reinstalled it and it works now.