Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Crossing Souls, an Action RPG with an 80s looking style (Soon on Kickstarter)

Replies

• A-N-P
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A-N-P polycounter lvl 6
    Sounds interesting so far and I like this art style :D
  • sephi_6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks A-N-P! You replied really fast. Here I let you some sprites test.

mwWXhXr.gif
    piQSSgX.gif
  • dvisionvoid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dvisionvoid polycounter lvl 6
    This is looking really good! I love the motion blur on the handy haha
  • sephi_6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey there, folks! We’ve been designing several locations for the game and working in lot of scripts. There are few issues with the gameplay in these scenes, but we’re going to explain a little bit the location and the goal we’ll have to achieve in each one of them.

Offices:
    mTGv6lr.jpg

These offices belong to a dungeon close to the end of the game. We’ve been inspired by the Shinra Headquarters from Final Fantasy 7 base to design it, but with our own style, of course. Lasers, enemies, doors with keys and a lot of puzzles are some things that keep us away from our goal, the summit. We’ve combined a military look with an Egyptian feel in order to remind the player where he is.

Neighborhood:
    YJQj2EC.jpg

We already showed *you this location some time ago. It’s Chris and Kevin place, two of our main characters. They will have to figure out a way to step in the house and find out what have happened to their family. In order to achieve that, they will have to use all their abilities and the tools they have. There will be more than one way to achieve the goal. What would a kid do in this situation? Take advantage of his agility? Create a distraction? It’s up to you.

Forest:
    XXrRRd0.jpg

We’re in the wood behind the houses. Here we can see a little fragment of the woods. Here it’s where it all begins and we’ll get used to the basic mechanics of the game, like the character shift and the different abilities that each one have. This puzzle will show us that from time to time we’ll have to use an specific character to solve it and move on.

Of course, our scenarios will have hordes of enemies to beat them and hidden treasures. This is an A-RPG! Although, sometimes subtlety, stealth and dialogue will be our biggest allies.

In some weeks we will show you a gameplay of each scenario where we will show you all the described above. Some have different ways to pass it, although it will depend on you.

Send us your feedback please. We want to listen everything you have to tell us!
  • LRoy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    LRoy polycounter lvl 10
    I really like this. It reminds me of those old coming of age movies about a group of kids in summer haha.
  • sephi_6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @LRoy that's the spirit that we want to transmit to all of you.

We're currently working on complete gallery of secondary character: cops, town bad-asses, indians, civil war soldiers and a lot more. For now, we want to share this mix so we can know your opinion. We hope you guys like it. Thanks for the feedback!

Some characters created in collaboration with amazing NullFawkes! http://nullfawkes.tumblr.com

cbX6lnS.jpg

We want to include lot of easter eggs like this from other games, films and series in our game. This one is the first we show.
    x2JWDTc.gif
  • sephi_6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hi guys! Maybe you think that this awesome project was stuck, but nothing further from the truth . We've been working a lot in new material. Our kickstarter campaign is closer than never!

Finaly, we can show you some gameplay.In this short video we show you the switch of characters and the Dead Zone. Of course, all this material are in a very early stage of development. Hope you like it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAK8hASoVEk

We already have some aces under the sleeve. We'll tell you more about this in a few weeks. Stay tunned!
  • CharlieD
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CharlieD polycounter lvl 11
    This looks extremely awesome! Makes me feel nostalgic. One thing though, if the game's going to be in english, I'd invest in a writer or at least an editor or something to look over grammatical errors and such.
  • Roxxor
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Roxxor polycounter lvl 9
    I'm very excited for this as well! Are you thinking of early access testing and such?
  • sephi_6
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @CharlieD: Thanks dude! Glad you like it!The dialogues are really important in our game. We would like to pay an editor or translator to get the best result.

@Roxxor: Thanks Roxxor! Yes, we've thought about the early access and the beta version to improve our game. We'll talk more about that when the kickstarter campaign will be released.

We would like to show you a bit more of our cutscenes. We love the tv shows from the 80s like Dungeons and Dragons or Master of the Universe. So we wanted to make some animations with that exact style . We've introduced some filters and animations with that very style that you could watch in those shows.

Check it out and send us your feedback!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6HcObk-TPk