Home Collaboration & Unpaid Work

3d Artist Wanted: 'Next-Gen' (Portfolio and Pimping)

ambershee
polycounter lvl 17
Offline / Send Message
ambershee polycounter lvl 17
Hello!

I built a Wipeout style prototype game with four other people back in 2009 over the course of a couple of months. The prototype was not bad, but suffered from a few issues here and there (to be expected). The artwork was completed by two university students for their portfolios, and it was absolutely fantastic - both have now gone on to work in the industry (and I find myself in the clutches of MGS myself too).

With some massive improvements in the tech we're using and a number of our previously unsolvable issues partially resolved (I've got some programming to do still), I'd now like to bring this prototype back from the dead. I have a fairly good idea of what kind of technical spec and techniques should be adopted for the next iteration of consoles, and I'd like to aim the prototype squarely in that direction.

This means I want to put together a shit-hot environment using some pretty advanced techniques (such as DirectX 11 tesselation, aggressive content streaming and deferred lighting for example) and a focus on the kind of detail you just don't get in current generation games (our previous vehicle mesh had around 40k tris and the environment in the region of 300k tris, as it was aimed to be runnable on current gen consoles) - I want to really throw out something much bigger.

So I'm looking for one or two 3d artists to help me bring this back over the course of the next few months, whilst I slicken up the prototype and port it over to the new engine build, and help you guys with the technical side of the artwork.

This is just a prototype, so there's no promises where it goes upon completion, but I want the artists to feel free to pimp their works and generally show it off all over the internet, including work in progress.

If anyone has any questions or interest, drop me a line in this thread, or to my e-mail (l<DOT>parkes-haskell<AT>polybeast<DOT>co<DOT>uk.

Youtube video of the old prototype also available on request :)

Thanks!