Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Blaster Master /// (08`Reboot)

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
konstruct polycounter lvl 18
Several months ago I salvaged an old hard drive and was able to restore my old dominance war IV entry from 4 years ago.. I never finished, but I was able to get far enough into the project that abandoning it felt like a colossal waste of time.
Both fortunately and unfortunately, I've grown a bit over the last 4 years. Some parts of the model I plan to rework- others, I don't. I'm not trying to completely reinvent the wheel, but I am trying to make something I will be proud of in the end. (old model for comparison)

full.jpg

I decided to kick everything off with the rider. I wasn't happy with the job I did originally so I redesigned some bits here and there.

final.jpg

Fictionally, He`s the brains behind the man/giant apparatus thing, so I wanted him to look a bit sinister. His mask went through a small evolution as I worked. I feel the end result is much better than it was, which, in a nutshell is the intent of this project.

model.jpg

detail.jpg
misc.jpg

I ran into some issues that came up as a result of my inexperience with rigging and the hp/lp mesh differential.

Lessons learned. Unfortunately I had to come to the realization that I can't keep reworking this until the end of time. I have to move on. Some stretch funkiness around The shoulders is just something I'm going to live with. The next pair of shoulders I do will suck less. ...(here`s hoping)

Moving onto the giant-

Replies