Environment Concept Artist
on 05-25-2012 03:32 PM
Darkside Games Studios is looking for an exceptionally skilled environment concept artist. The ideal candidate has experience developing concepts for a diverse visual range of environment prop assets to fully realized scenes. An exceptional understanding of industrial design, form, structure, color, and light is essential, as is a creative imagination. The concept artist should have a basic understanding of game art creation (low-poly modeling and texturing) and be well-versed in related tools -- Photoshop, Painter, Maya, etc. The ideal candidate works well in an environment of peers who are passionate about making great games.
Key responsibilities include:
· Must be able to communicate with the Art Director and accept criticismRequirements:
· Must have ability to create fast thumbnails that will help in establishing an idea
· Needs to be able to complete a number of fleshed out concepts to help the art team in game asset creation
· Needs to be able to complete a number of fleshed out concepts to help the design team in game level creation
· A minimum of 2 years experience in game development as an environmental concept artistDesired Skills:
· Exceptional ability in Photoshop, Painter, etc.
· A basic understanding of using Maya (or equivalent 3D package)
· A keen eye towards form, shape, structure, and silhouette in regards to illustration and design
· Superior eye for light, value, composition, color, staging, and detail in environmental design
· Able to carry an idea from the conceptual phase to the finished illustration and an understanding of translating these ideas to real-time game environments
· Self-motivation, good communications skills, and a great team-player attitude
· Able to work creatively as part of a large or small group
· A passion for video games
· Skill in one or more of the related creation tasks -- modeling, texturing, etc.
· Have shipped AAA PC or console titles as a concept artistPlease submit cover letter, resume and reels (online preferred) with samples of your professional work along with a breakdown of your specific contributions to email@example.com - please list “Environment Concept Artist” in the subject line.
· Strong foundation in the traditional arts including, but not limited to industrial design, landscape painting, and illustration