Home Unreal Engine

Looking for a way to crop a texture to the visible part with a node

ChaosPanda
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
ChaosPanda polycounter lvl 5
Hi Guys,

I haven't found anything on this yet in the forums, so I was thinking I might post it.
I'm currently working on my final project for my Bachelor and I have run into a problem...
on the UE Aks Forum thingy nobody answers, so I thought I might ask here since you guys are a lot more active.
Now to the Problem:

I have build myself a Vertex Painting Material to blend 5 diffrent texture sets (PBR Metallic Roughness) on one mesh. Since the Unreal Engine only supports up to 16 Texture Samples per Material, we combined 4 of those Textures into 1, by doubling the texture size from 1k to 2k resolution. We then went ahead and created a graph that would zoom in and frame the particular texture. (See in the picture below)

Note: the rest of the texture is moved outside the 1:1 UV space

LLq7wdv.jpg

Since the rest of the texture is just moved to the outside of the 1:1 UV space, I have a diffrent texture displaying as soon as I have some UV's laying outside of the 1:1 UV Space.

BjteXvU.jpg

Of course I could just cut eges at those points and then map them into the 1:1 UV Space, but I thought there might be a way to crop a texture in the Material Editor in UE itself.

I have already found the TextureCropping Node but I can't get it to work *shrug*

So if somebody knows a way to fix this, or could explain the TextureCropping Node to me, that would be really great.

Thanks for your help

ChaosPanda

PS: Sorry for the Wall of Text :poly103:

Replies