Home Dota 2

Polycount Community Chest Event

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Shock polycounter lvl 5
hey everyone :)

since the new bloom event is now over and u all had some days to recover urself
- i will now officialy start this thread. most of the rules we have already talked about in that former poll thread. u still have 2 days time before the events starts, so maybe use the time and do already the *introduction part.

so here is the rough info:

Polycount Community Chest Event #1

event start 1.february

event deadline 15.april (so we have exactly 2months time) only submissions that are finished inside the deadline will count for the event.

goal is to produce hero sets, wards, couriers or huds - in a friendly and supportive atmosphere

there wont be a limit on the number of people who will be allowed to join this event,
as well as every project that is finished in time will be added to the one big workshop chest collection.
if valve likes to add our polycount chest, they can decide which submission they wana take in.

introduction: to take part, u should write what u can do /like to do
(concept, modeling, texture, animation, particles, whatever) and give a link to ur workshop
and /or ur personal polycount thread, so its easier for everyone to find a team.
maybe u can even say what u are looking for, or if u are a concept artist u can already post ur concept. (also plz dont spamm ur stuff :D) this helps not only the individuals to find teams but also makes it easier to organise this event.

teams can be one or more persons, i know there are several people out there who are able to produce
a set all alone - u can do that, but it would be nice if u would still team up with anyone
that would push a bit the learning from each other effect. also use the chance and do not team up someone u allways team up^^
use the chance and team up with someone new, maybe someone who u allways wanted to work with - but never had the chance to.
as well as one team must only focus on one project and try to make that as good as possible.
another little limitation here is that u can max. take part in 2 projects (if u do one project with one team,
and the other one with another team - in the second team there should be no people that are already in the first) this rule is because this event is for a community chest and should not be the stage for a single artist that can just produce stuff like a maniac :)

the % revenue share should be choosen inside the team individual to how the work split is. we wont set up anything fix here.

the theme is free this time.
(maybe u should not pick chen, slardar, void or kotl, since i heard valve doesnt like
to add sets for those heroes atm since they are going get a touchup - if u still want ofc u can pick them - its no rule)

feedback and criticism: i think we should use the thread to show wips (same as it is currently done in the monthly polycount competition).
but we can also use skype groupchat - or google hangout.
if u give feedback to something, plz keep in mind the other guy is also a human with feelings.
try to avoid things like "looks allover shit" but try to give constructive feedback.

for submitting we will take the guide of thiago

after the event is over and all submissions have been added to the big workshop collection there will be also a reddit post about it to promo it.

ok, i hope i didnt forget anything - and if, i will edit it in later :)
now enjoy!

edit: new deadline

Replies