Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Jaime Lannister likeness study

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
Hi everyone

I am trying to do a bust on zbrush as part of my anatomy studies and I got stuck on a stage where I need some help

I am trying to represent Jaime Lannister on the tv series on the moment before the fight with Ned Stark

After looking to much to it, It is hard to spot possible issues, so any feedback will be really welcome

f4487d51c4.jpg

here is the actor picture (Nikolaj Coster-Waldau)

QDLPg130.jpeg

(his eyes are really closed on this picture, but usually they are not that small =] )

and a more frontal view
6307075c1c.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hey Dustin

those a really good suggestions, I have a lot of references, both from the series and from the actor but I never thought about looking for a top-down image, that would probably help a lot on the shape of the face

Other then that so you think I should go for some expression after I finish the base?
    Or I should have started already with an expression in mind? what is the most common way of doing it?

Thanks a lot!
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    update
    951169abc2.jpg

still trying to get this working

I took some freedom for the pommel and I feel the hand is too small

the eyes are being a problem too, I reworked it several times and still not feeling they look right

c06a9a0170.jpg
  • dwgagner
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dwgagner polycounter lvl 7
    I think the thing that bugs me is it looks to me like his right arm is broken, it feels like you've made the humorous too long and placed his elbow lower than it should be. On the jacket the folds are feeling pretty muddy, they could be more defined and sharper.

orthoArmLandmarksAntGrayBB1231.gif
  • Tvidotto
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    dwgagner wrote: »
    I think the thing that bugs me is it looks to me like his right arm is broken, it feels like you've made the humorous too long and placed his elbow lower than it should be. On the jacket the folds are feeling pretty muddy, they could be more defined and sharper.

now that you mentioned, the arms looks a little out of proportion, I think I sub estimated it by never having it on the render window completely. I will take a look on those proportions, thanks for that

The folds I kind of wanted then to not be too sharp, the idea is that he is using some kind of heavy leather jacket, bur I will also double check them =]
  • Alemja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Alemja hero character
    While the arm might be a little long, I also feel like there is a bit of an optical illusion going on. Since the bust cuts off rather short It is making me feel like that's where the ribs end, but I mentally know that's not true and proportionally the elbow is right about at the base of the ribs, it's creating this weird sense of proportion. Also not having the other arm, or at the very least the other shoulder makes it feel very lop-sided.

You're also missing some definition of the cheekbones and jaw that creates that "chiseled" definition in his cheeks.