Home General Discussion

Germany and Alabama shootings?!

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
notman polycounter lvl 18
WTF is going on with people? I heard late last night that someone in Alabama went on a shooting spree, then I hear this morning that Germany had a crazy shooter also. Both were spread across large areas. I'm sure they are in no way related, but wtf?!

The guy in Alabama: http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=7055006&page=1
Randomly shot at people, and it doesn't sound like they know how many people he's actually killed. Apparently he just went into random homes/businesses and started popping people off. I hate to say it, but like someone playing out a bad video game.

Germany: http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090311/ap_on_re_eu/eu_germany_school_attack
They kid goes after his old school. WTF, you're out of the school already... why would you still be THAT pissed at people there. And then take out other random people too?

Well, I hope no one here was affected by these shootings. My father-in-law is in Alabama right now, so my wife was definitely concerned immediately. We haven't verified that he's safe, but I don't think it was around the city he's staying in.

Replies

• Mark Dygert
    As I walked up to my car this morning I looked up and saw the full moon and thought, huh what crazy shit is going to happen today? Well... there ya go. This type of crap is only going to get worse and happen more often as more and more people lose their jobs. Stress, its a killer... in more ways then one.

And lets not even mention video games and these types of things together...
  • rawkstar
    Offline / Send Message
    rawkstar polycounter lvl 18
    with all the attention this bad economy has been getting they will be fools to not make a connection, its the NEW NEW scapegoat.
  • rv_el
    Offline / Send Message
    rv_el polycounter lvl 18
    i wonder if there used to be crossbow sprees. hrmmmmm
  • Marnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Marnik polycounter lvl 8
    Eh, not really, the rage kinda dissipates when you're cranking back your next bolt.

There were these handy things called the Crusades though =]
  • steady
    Offline / Send Message
    steady polycounter lvl 18
    terrorist organizations can be hunted and fought (although very difficult), but a crazy person with rage and an automatic weapon is almost impossible to stop. Everyone has problems, the world is a fucked up place, and until our thoughts are read through the matrix, i dont think we will see an end to this any time soon.

its sad and it sucks. my condolences to the families of those killed
  • Daaark
    Offline / Send Message
    Daaark polycounter lvl 17
    rawkstar wrote: »
    with all the attention this bad economy has been getting they will be fools to not make a connection, its the NEW NEW scapegoat.
    That's what was blamed in a shootout cops had with a bank robber a block from here on Saturday night.
  • ScoobyDoofus
    Offline / Send Message
    ScoobyDoofus polycounter lvl 19
    Yeah. Some of you Californians might have heard of this but on Christmas Eve, a guy dressed like Santa, went to hes EX-GF's parents house and proceeded to murder everybody inside(His first victim was the little girl who answered the door). He then set the house on fire, burned himself badly in doing so, then drove across town and shot himself at his brothers house. The place where the murders took place? 2 houses away from my Sisters home. She and her husband were lucky they didn't get any fire or smoke damage...or flying bullets.
  • oobersli
    Offline / Send Message
    oobersli polycounter lvl 17
    its just population control... someone has to do the dirty work...
  • notman
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    Yeah. Some of you Californians might have heard of this but on Christmas Eve, a guy dressed like Santa, went to hes EX-GF's parents house and proceeded to murder everybody inside(His first victim was the little girl who answered the door). He then set the house on fire, burned himself badly in doing so, then drove across town and shot himself at his brothers house. The place where the murders took place? 2 houses away from my Sisters home. She and her husband were lucky they didn't get any fire or smoke damage...or flying bullets.

yeah, we discussed that one here also... There was an online article that sensationalized the incident in a very poor way. I didn't know it hit so close to home for you though :/

The one in Alabama is pretty fucked in the same way. Two of the victims were the Sheriff's wife and 18mo old daughter. Again, I thought this article tried to 'add interest' with some pretty poor wording, but still, very sad :(
  • bounchfx
    it's fucking disturbing that people do this kind of shit. I can understand wars and stuff TO A DEGREE but to mindlessly slaughter innocent (whether they are or not - at least strangers to you that you know nothing about) people is just terrible.