Home General Discussion

Awesome Wacom Stand

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Zack Maxwell interpolator
I've been searching for a good stand to prop my Wacom Intuos up at an angle for a while now, and finally found something that works really well.
It was pretty difficult to find something, since as far as I know no one actually makes anything for this specific purpose. I even found a bunch of images and blogs of people building stuff by hand out of wood and such.
I thought others might be interested in this as well, since I find it to be way more comfortable than just leaving it flat on the desk or holding it in my lap. Causes it to occupy less space on the desk, too.
[ame="http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000CKVOOY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1"]Arkon Tablet Stand[/ame]

It can be placed at almost any angle you want, but with a Medium the weight and size are such that it won't support it well if you try placing it shallower than around 40 degrees. I tried placing it closer to 30 at one point and while I was drawing it did collapse flat due to the weight distribution. Past around 40-45 though it's been stable.
It works without any real issues on my Medium size. Just some minor stability issues when I draw on the right side of it without bracing it with my left hand near the side keys, simply because the Medium is so much larger than the intended tablet size for the stand.
A Small would work perfectly, but a Large would not likely work very well.
It's super cheap too. Way cheaper than an Ergotron + notebook mount.

I can answer any questions about it.

Replies